2012 ASG Jerseys on Sale

LAK74

Thank you. You tell Brilliant yourself, lazy bones. I don't know if I'd go sublimated twill, either.

HAha I was, but gotta make it a lil discreet? Can we all agree on here the Briere is our most hated player?

If sublimated twill is the way the gamers are done, which do you do though?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha dude I saw him named and thought of you instantly. I'm sure you've said this before, but where did your Hodgson obsession come from? PS, I have a soft spot for him since you were one of the first people I remembered on here and your love for him. I always cheer for him.

Haha awesome. Please continue to hold that soft spot and cheer for him. He won't play your Flyers often so you can't get to hating him a lot anytime soon. As for the obsession, it started before he was ever drafted. I always research prospects and study the rankings pre-draft. Something about him caught my attention but I didn't think he'd still be around when the Canucks picked. Lo and behold he was still around at the #10 pick and so I sat in front of my TV screaming for them to draft him. The rest is history.

Special thank you to Garth Snow for passing on him twice. Sorry Jeremy, I can feel your jealousy from here. ^_^

Can anyone explain the difference to me? I'll be needing to order a Giroux or Timonen kit once the teams are picked.

Certainly. You know the crappy numbers on the original Modell's jerseys a few years ago? That's sublimated twill; one layer of twill with different colors/textures dyed on. Certain teams like the Preds use them, as well. I'm sure the kind used on jerseys is a much better quality than the original Modell's crap.

HAha I was, but gotta make it a lil discreet? Can we all agree on here the Briere is our most hated player?

Why would Briere be the most hated player? I love Briere, and he's like the nicest guy ever. And with the All-Stars, I battled with that question because I knew they were using the sublimated stuff. At the end of the day I went with 3 layers because Josh at EPS recommended it and assured me it would look find. I'm happy with the decision as I hate the sublimated junk.

Haha awesome. Please continue to hold that soft spot and cheer for him. He won't play your Flyers often so you can't get to hating him a lot anytime soon. As for the obsession, it started before he was ever drafted. I always research prospects and study the rankings pre-draft. Something about him caught my attention but I didn't think he'd still be around when the Canucks picked. Lo and behold he was still around at the #10 pick and so I sat in front of my TV screaming for them to draft him. The rest is history.

Special thank you to Garth Snow for passing on him twice. Sorry Jeremy, I can feel your jealousy from here. ^_^

Ahh, good story. It's cool following a player like that and having him end up on your home team. I have a soft spot for the Canucks in general, when I was a kid I wrote to Ziggy Palffy. Linden replied (when he was their captain), apologizing that Ziggy couldn't write back. He hand wrote the letter, sent me a bunch of stickers and a signed picture. So I love Linden, and have always liked the Nucks regardless.

That dirty little scumbag would be the most hated had the Flyers not bring back someone even more repulsive to the NHL.

The stuff the Preds use is a lot softer than the standard twill used. Not sure if the ASG gamers are using the same type of material.

That dirty little scumbag would be the most hated had the Flyers not bring back someone even more repulsive to the NHL.

The stuff the Preds use is a lot softer than the standard twill used. Not sure if the ASG gamers are using the same type of material.

I don't think you were hugged enough as a child.

No jealousy or hard feelings whatsoever :thumbsup: . I was in the Filatov or Schenn pool, pissed Snow traded back, pissed he didn't take Wilson (in hindsight, pissed we passed on Myers). I am pissed Josh Bailey wasn't sent back to Juniors (Windsor), pissed he wasnt released to play in the WJCs, pissed the Isles screwed up his development, pissed that Wang is our owner, sorry for the rant...I'll stop here. Gotta be honest, I am extremely content with the 08 NHL Draft. Hamonic might have been the steal of the draft. I love Ullstrom and Martin, Bailey sucks, but he's Josh Bailey, Kevin Poulin is our goalie of the future, Dibenedetto might make the 4th line one day, Donovan and Ness can be solid 5-6 D-men, and if Petrov can come over to the US, he might actually be the steal of the draft (rated 2nd among European prospects and went to the Isles in the 3rd round).

Certainly. You know the crappy numbers on the original Modell's jerseys a few years ago? That's sublimated twill; one layer of twill with different colors/textures dyed on. Certain teams like the Preds use them, as well. I'm sure the kind used on jerseys is a much better quality than the original Modell's crap.

I know that, but if that is what is used, do we go for it? It is lighter!

Why would Briere be the most hated player? I love Briere, and he's like the nicest guy ever. And with the All-Stars, I battled with that question because I knew they were using the sublimated stuff. At the end of the day I went with 3 layers because Josh at EPS recommended it and assured me it would look find. I'm happy with the decision as I hate the sublimated junk.

He is a gutless puke, who the hell in their sober mind would do this to Frans? HEEEEESSSSS SOOOOOOOOOOO DANISH! <3. But seriously, I cannot stand Briere

Ahh, good story. It's cool following a player like that and having him end up on your home team. I have a soft spot for the Canucks in general, when I was a kid I wrote to Ziggy Palffy. Linden replied (when he was their captain), apologizing that Ziggy couldn't write back. He hand wrote the letter, sent me a bunch of stickers and a signed picture. So I love Linden, and have always liked the Nucks regardless.

Palffy was never a Canuck?

The Isles are going to kick the Flyers' collective asses in 30 minutes. You will face the wrath of JT91. Nabby will nab his 300th win (I hate Nabby as much as I hate Briere)

All the Flyers suck with the exception of Kimmo and G.

Isles PA announcer/host of the radio show I listen to on the commute to school

https://twitter.com/#!/roger1023BAB/status/157603193637978112

You're all a bunch of babies.

No jealousy or hard feelings whatsoever :thumbsup: . I was in the Filatov or Schenn pool, pissed Snow traded back, pissed he didn't take Wilson (in hindsight, pissed we passed on Myers). I am pissed Josh Bailey wasn't sent back to Juniors (Windsor), pissed he wasnt released to play in the WJCs, pissed the Isles screwed up his development, pissed that Wang is our owner, sorry for the rant...I'll stop here. Gotta be honest, I am extremely content with the 08 NHL Draft. Hamonic might have been the steal of the draft. I love Ullstrom and Martin, Bailey sucks, but he's Josh Bailey, Kevin Poulin is our goalie of the future, Dibenedetto might make the 4th line one day, Donovan and Ness can be solid 5-6 D-men, and if Petrov can come over to the US, he might actually be the steal of the draft (rated 2nd among European prospects and went to the Isles in the 3rd round).

The Isles are going to kick the Flyers' collective asses in 30 minutes. You will face the wrath of JT91. Nabby will nab his 300th win (I hate Nabby as much as I hate Briere)

Ooh, The Isles are wearing their "pee wee" jerseys.... :lol:

Isles PA announcer/host of the radio show I listen to on the commute to school

https://twitter.com/#!/roger1023BAB/status/157603193637978112

Sigh, Isles fans...

And PS, your third jersey is absolutely horrendous.

I!

I conclude!

I conclude we!

I conclude we kicked!

I conclude we kicked your!

I conclude we kicked your Arse!

Haha. All in good fun sir.

We beat you for the cup,

We Beat You For The Cup!

IN 1980, We beat you for the cup!

Wooo

But seriously though. The Isles outplayed the Flyers, but good teams find ways to win.

-Grabner has to score on the breakaways and penalty shots

-Nabokov's penalty was not a penalty

-I hate Talbot. Words cannot describe how much I hate Talbot. He was faking the "injury" to get the whistle. If he was seriously hurt, he would have gone into the room. Clean hit, but I still hope Staios is suspended, so Reese can play.

-If Snow drafted Couturier instead of JT's friend Strome, the Isles would have won this game

-I still hate Nabokov.

We beat you for the cup,

We Beat You For The Cup!

IN 1980, We beat you for the cup!

Wooo

But seriously though. The Isles outplayed the Flyers, but good teams find ways to win.

-Grabner has to score on the breakaways and penalty shots

-Nabokov's penalty was not a penalty

-I hate Talbot. Words cannot describe how much I hate Talbot. He was faking the "injury" to get the whistle. If he was seriously hurt, he would have gone into the room. Clean hit, but I still hope Staios is suspended, so Reese can play.

-If Snow drafted Couturier instead of JT's friend Strome, the Isles would have won this game

-I still hate Nabokov.

The Flyers played like garbage and if it were not for Bob, the Isles would have won.

But that Staios hit is crap. There is nothing clean about an elbow/forearm right to the head. The non-call made up for a couple breaks the Flyers got earlier regarding some high sticks.

The Flyers played like garbage and if it were not for Bob, the Isles would have won.

But that Staios hit is crap. There is nothing clean about an elbow/forearm right to the head. The non-call made up for a couple breaks the Flyers got earlier regarding some high sticks.

Bob stood on his ear! (But Grabner really can't shoot to save himself)

He hit Talbot in his chest. If Staios hit him in the head, no way would have Talbot been able to play the next shift. He hit him hard...if it was a head shot, he would have been out cold. I'd love for Staios to get suspended though. I think he is a mediocre defenseman who is barely a 6th dman, being asked to play on the first pairing. At least Dylan Reese can skate and pass.

very true on the high sticking. AMac was bleeding (4 min) and I think Wallace also had blood, but they only gave Schenn 2.

"You can high stick me, but you can never take my freedom" Tim Wallace

I!

I conclude!

I conclude we!

I conclude we kicked!

I conclude we kicked your!

Haha. All in good fun sir.

Haha, very nice sir.

You guys really aren't very creative with your cheers though...

Thanks! I can't believe they won. Good effort from the boys in Blue and Orange. Gotta be honest, its pretty sad when Bailey scores.

To the later part of your comment:

Can You Hear The rangers Sing!

Nooo!, Nooo!

Can You Hear The rangers Sing

Nooo, Nooo

Can You Hear The rangers Sing!

I Dont Hear A explicit Thing

Nooo, Nooo, Nooo

We are a lot more creative than most teams (its mostly covers). Sure they are not 100% original, but I am almost positive no other team has a section that is this organized and actually sings all game. Here is a link to the website: http://blueandorangearmy.weebly.com/songschants.html . The good ones are too vulgar for the website (most notably to the tune of Camptown Races that we sing about the rangers--Avery/Messier). Also, for those rare blowouts (lol..jk, they are too frequent), we do karaoke up there (the game against Nashville was Queen karaoke).

Most stuff isn't creative though. "Beat your wife Potvin, beat your wife?" "Potvin's Cups"? I think "If you know the rangers suck, clap your hands" is more creative.

To stay on topic, thoughts on Alfredsson (given) and Chara (bit of a surprise to me) as Captains? Its confirmed Chara is team blue and Alfie is team white/red

NHL.com finally put up the ASG jerseys for sale on their website, but they only seem to have replicas, not authentics.