2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Im a fan as well.

Im wondering though since the players had on replicas, will only replicas be available.

As well, I think they should have at least had a Pronger jersey there. Using Schenn, Betts or Shelley does not confirm the use of the keystone.

I think that's confirmed by the fact that its on the t-shirts on NHL.com.

I think that's confirmed by the fact that its on the t-shirts on NHL.com.

Yeah, you're probably right

Just read on Sarah Baicker's twitter....

http://twitter.com/?photo_id=1#!/sbaickerCSN/status/138678650848542720/photo/1

$169 blank replica. Yikes.

A little more info about the new sweater:

The excitement of playing in the biggest regular-season game continues to build," said Comcast-Spectacor President Peter Luukko. "Our new jerseys, which we'll wear when we take the ice outdoors, combine the classic Flyers orange and black with our iconic Flyers Crest. We believe these new jerseys represent our past, present and future. We believe our fans will be just as excited to wear these new jerseys as our players will at the NHL Winter Classic."

Designed by Reebok, the jersey’s primary color is the team’s current recognizable orange with secondary colors black and a vintage off white. The Flyers primary front crest and player numbers are executed in rich felt black and vintage white appliqué.

The player name and number name bar is a contrasting off-white color on the core orange jersey body. This is a design element unique to the Flyers current and past uniforms.

“As the authentic outfitter of the NHL we are very excited to provide the Philadelphia Flyers with a jersey their team can proudly wear on the ice at what has become one of the most celebrated events in sports to ring in the New Year,” said Keith Leach, Director of Merchandise at Reebok.

The shape of the jersey consists of a new silhouette and striping pattern that has never been worn by the team in its history. The heritage stripping is inspired from a sock design worn by the Flyers in the late 1980's. A very strong retro inspired neck lace closure will ground this jersey’s place in NHL Winter Classic uniform history.

Pretty Neat, you guys.

Yeah, you're probably right

Just read on Sarah Baicker's twitter....

http://twitter.com/?photo_id=1#!/sbaickerCSN/status/138678650848542720/photo/1

$169 blank replica. Yikes.

I wonder why people buy $35 fakes.

Ryan said it best!

Seems like they are taking a cue from the sabres 40th sweaters with the felt numbers and crest. It's a great scam keep all the customization with the team and NHL. EPS and places like that can't get the felt and the specialty off color nameplates.

Seems like they are taking a cue from the sabres 40th sweaters with the felt numbers and crest. It's a great scam keep all the customization with the team and NHL. EPS and places like that can't get the felt and the specialty off color nameplates.

The new Leafs thrid has a felt crest and felt letters/numbers, seems like Reebok is gonna pump everything vintage out with felt crests and letters/numbers.

EPS shouldn't have a problem with felt. SLC is selling the Leafs kits on ebay and MLL said they can do it as well I don't see why EPS wouldn't be able to.

oh awesome. When the sabres ones came out I had a 3 or 4 places including MLL and EPS say that they could not do the felt numbering. I guess that has changed. Good to know.

Its interesting for reebok to take this step toward felt. In the EPL lots of teams on field jerseys have felt numbers and letters.

I actually like those. The only thing i dont like is the winter classic patch is on the shoulder and not the chest area.

Keystone 'C' and 'A' patches have been confirmed by the Flyers. I would imagine that means the replicas will ship with them as well.

Good to hear. This means when I get one I will have to decide between Briere, Timonen or Pronger. Gotta go for the full effect of the jersey