2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go with Timonen...the only bearable Flyer.

He's one of the only guys I can stand too.

As far as the jerseys go, I was hoping for the Quakers style that was faked, but I can live with these. I will likely pick up an authentic, if possible, and likely go with Timonen as well. :D

Depending on what the Rangers WC jersey looks like, I may go for that one too. This might be the first year where I would buy BOTH team's WC jerseys. :stickhndl:

I am probably only going to buy the NYR WC jersey (I buy 1 per game, already have the Flyers so... also, I always have bought the visiting team's jersey). I'll buy both if Marshalls/TJ/Ross gets em and they are cheap :D

Remember, quantity, not quality :D

Honestly, I'd say the least objectionable Flyer ever would have been the dude that took the shot in the beans a few years back. I can't remember his name but that...good God, man...that's just no good for anyone; Philly or not.

Any word when the Rangers one will be released?

At the game, team shop has replicas only, 550 cut, customization is a felt/twill hybrid it seems. No authentic, Indo or otherwise in the store.

Price customized? What do you mean by felt twill hybrid? Does the Keystone exist?

The jerseys are pretty terribly put together. The stitching on the inside is all frayed and the NHL shield on the neck is already looking like it's going to fall off. I bought one and i'm not too happy. They had Giroux jerseys at $219. They were however pretty poorly customized (Ironed on). The Giroux ones were sold out by the end of the game. I just bought a Blank and am hoping that the Skate Zone can send them out to Philly Express soon.

When I say felt/twill hybrid, I mean that the material is stiff like twill, but has a felt-like top finish. HC can probably confirm this, or just call me crazy, but the name plates, numbers, etc. are not soft and flexible like the Buffalo 3rd jersey nameplates.

Hopefully they offer an authentic version, but we will see...

Yea, more photos of the hard jerseys you guys bought. Iron on s*** is terrible. Def better off going with the blank and having MLL or these other outfitters take care of bidness.

NHL.com has authentics of the WC up for sale

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12139235&cp=3176617&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

Notice the description..

"Made in Canada"

"Air-knit fabric"

Edit- also figured I would point out that on the regular Flyers authentic jerseys the descriptions says this...

"This Reebok® EDGE hockey jersey REPLICATES the player worn Pro-cut jersey in fabric, trim and team design."

Where as on the WC authentic it says...

"This commemorative jersey AUTHENTICATES the on-ice player worn jersey in fabric, time and team design"

Seems to be 2.0s

Nice find.. I agree, the product descriptions appear to have some key differences. I'm cautiously optimistic that those are in fact 2.0's. I think I'm going to take a leap of faith and buy one. Sucks that they don't ship until 12/15 since I definitely won't be able to get it back from Philly Express in time for the game itself but there's no way I'm letting NHL.com perform their hackjob on it.

Nice find.. I agree, the product descriptions appear to have some key differences. I'm cautiously optimistic that those are in fact 2.0's. I think I'm going to take a leap of faith and buy one. Sucks that they don't ship until 12/15 since I definitely won't be able to get it back from Philly Express in time for the game itself but there's no way I'm letting NHL.com perform their hackjob on it.

I'm thinking the same thing. I think I'm going to take a screenshot of the page of the jersey showing that it is "made in Canada" because I do believe some other posters bought an authentic jersey where it said it was made in Canada or the USA but turned out to be an indo-edge. Either way, if they are not customizing it, it should not be too big of a hassle to return it if it is not a 2.0 or not up to the quality that we expected