2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I haven't confirmed it but Philly Express has handled all on-ice customization for the Flyers for years. I'll probably call the SkateZone today to confirm where they're sending WC jerseys but it's a pretty safe bet. Attempts to get accurate customization for the current jerseys done by places like MLL and EPS have produced mixed results, to say the least. If anyone else goes by the SkateZone and gets confirmation on Philly Express, please let us know!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be buying one if NHL.com or another site has a good deal on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Modell's has a 20% off currently with the code CABIN11. Sadly they do not have the Authentics up yet. However they do have Briere, Giroux, Jagr, Bryzgalov, Pronger, and Talbot. Comes to $182 with the customization (Ironed on). Also wish they had blanks of replicas.

I haven't confirmed it but Philly Express has handled all on-ice customization for the Flyers for years. I'll probably call the SkateZone today to confirm where they're sending WC jerseys but it's a pretty safe bet. Attempts to get accurate customization for the current jerseys done by places like MLL and EPS have produced mixed results, to say the least. If anyone else goes by the SkateZone and gets confirmation on Philly Express, please let us know!

I'll be going there today for another jersey probably around 4ish. Might drop off my replica if they can.

Just a note on the NHL authentic posting, it does say the country of origin is Canada, FWIW.

Also, be sure to use promo code NHLFRIENDS10 for 10% off and free shipping.

Edited by HartnellsMudflap

I'll be buying one if NHL.com or another site has a good deal on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Modell's has a 20% off currently with the code CABIN11. Sadly they do not have the Authentics up yet. However they do have Briere, Giroux, Jagr, Bryzgalov, Pronger, and Talbot. Comes to $182 with the customization (Ironed on). Also wish they had blanks of replicas.

NHL.com currently has a 10% off and free shipping code if you are interested.

Code is NHLFRIENDS10

Thanks for that guys, 10% is nice but i'm going to hold out since they won't ship until the 15th anyway. At least I hope that I can display some self-control. I really hope they ARE 2.0's. I love my Briere and Giroux ones that i've had customized on blanks from Meigray clearance.

Just dropped off a jersey to get a new name plate at the Skate Zone and asked a few questions about the WC jerseys.

Q: How much is customization?

A: $65 without buying jersey there, ~$46 combined with jersey ($219 total, going off of memory could be a few dollars off)

Q: How long will it take to get back?

A: Three weeks so it will be back before the game at this point.

Q: Will they get get Authentics in stock?

A: No, they don't have enough people that would buy them in order for it to be a smart business decision.

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

Pulled the trigger on a 52 winter classic (blank of course). I too am going to take a screen copy where it says air knit and also made in Canada.

Pulled the trigger on a 52 winter classic (blank of course). I too am going to take a screen copy where it says air knit and also made in Canada.

I just did as well.

Keep an eye out on Monday because apparently they had a 20% off sale last year on Cyber Monday. I called the NHL.com phone line and spoke with a representative who said that we can cancel our orders up until they receive the jersey in the warehouse (which is scheduled for December 15). So if they do have the 20% off on Monday, Im just going to cancel my order and re-order the same thing to get the 20% off. By doing this, if they do not have the 20% off, you dont lose out on the 10% off which ends on Thursday

thanks for the heads up!

Where do you guys see authentics? I couldn't find them, not that I'm interested in a Flyers jersey anyway but it'd be good for reference for when the Rangers start selling theirs. Maybe the team store at MSG will have authentics that I can get cheap at the end of the season.

Just got this off the retail marketing guy from twitter.

Jerseys are coming out of Canada. Replicas will be similar to the former 550 and comparable construction to '10 WC

Yeah the replicas are the exact same material as the '10 WC ones. I dislike it greatly, but will definitely raid every Marshalls/TJMaxx/Ross/RBK Outlet within an hour or so of me.

Hopefully they are 2.0's it wouldn't make sense to create any 1.0 versions, right? Right?!?

I honestly can't wait to see the Rangers jerseys. I need to get my hands on one and then stop buying jerseys for a while. Seriously. Even though I still need a home.

I know we are all excited about the possibility of the authentics being 2.0s... but Shop NHL has the premier jeerseys as having a fight strap as well... if the specs for the premiers are off I can only imagine how off the authentics may be as well.

Premier specs:

100% polyester

NHL® Winter Classic® premier jersey

Double layer AirKnit fabric at the shoulders

Official special event patch embroidered in twill appliqué

Tie-down "fight" strap inside jersey

NHL® shield patch sewn on front neck insert

Officially licensed

Made in Canada

Authentic Specs:

100% polyester

NHL® Winter Classic® authentic jersey

AirKnit fabric

Official special event patch, shoulder patch and chest patch

Tie-down "fight" strap inside jersey

NHL® shield patch sewn on front neck insert

Officially licensed

Made in Canada

I truly hope the authentics are 2.0, or I will be returning my blank.

At this point I'd even take a 1.0 over an indo-crap

I will as well just to get autographed we have four of the Flyers comming to Toronto in March

Claude Giroux

James Van Riemsdyk

Signing In Store: Friday March 9th, 2012

Wayne Simmonds

Matt Read

I am buying one as well and if not 2.0 I will return

NOT TO BE A DEBBIE DOWNER, BUT:

Thank you for contacting Customer Service at www.shop.nhl.com.

We appreciate your recent order number xxxxxxx. The Reebok Philadelphia Flyers 2012 NHL Winter Classic Authentic Jersey is not a Reebok Edge jersey; however, it is an authentic jersey made in Canada.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and thank you again for contacting Customer Service at www.shop.nhl.com.

Sanjay B.

NOT TO BE A DEBBIE DOWNER, BUT:

Thank you for contacting Customer Service at www.shop.nhl.com.

We appreciate your recent order number xxxxxxx. The Reebok Philadelphia Flyers 2012 NHL Winter Classic Authentic Jersey is not a Reebok Edge jersey; however, it is an authentic jersey made in Canada.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and thank you again for contacting Customer Service at www.shop.nhl.com.

Sanjay B.

so what does that mean its a piece of crap like they trying to sell know