2012 Winter Classic discussion

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lucked out after the 2010 WC and found a blank team issued 2.0 in a 56 at the Skate Zone for $229.00. Should have held onto that one. :blink:

No, they were 1.0's. I saw them a few weeks after the fact at the NHL Store in Manhattan and they were absolutely 1.0's.

Some people definitely got 2.0s though. Remember the 52 Ovie and Chimera on the Bay?

Given the widely accepted theory that Winnipeg is selling 2.0's at retail because the designs were not finalized in time for overseas production, wouldn't it make sense that the Rangers/Flyers WC threads will also be 2.0? From what I understand, the designs were only recently finished. Fingers crossed!

Some people definitely got 2.0s though. Remember the 52 Ovie and Chimera on the Bay?

Only 1.0s were available for retail. The 2.0 Ovie and Chimmer were acquired directly from the team.

I am in the same boat, but the prices will be cut in half after the game and $150 is way too much for a replica. Id rather wait until then. I will say I would most likely pay full price for an authentic if they are 2.0s

Only 1.0s were available for retail. The 2.0 Ovie and Chimmer were acquired directly from the team.

Correct, I got a 1.0 on sale this summer from the Caps store at Kettler.

While I'm not a fan of Philly jerseys in general, I like this one even less than the previous mock ups. The collar looks weird and the lace-up neck makes it worse - plus the fat white stripe on the bottom looks out of place compared to the black/white/black stripes on the sleeves. Finally I agree with others that the WC patch should go on the chest not shoulder.

While I'm not a fan of Philly jerseys in general, I like this one even less than the previous mock ups. The collar looks weird and the lace-up neck makes it worse - plus the fat white stripe on the bottom looks out of place compared to the black/white/black stripes on the sleeves. Finally I agree with others that the WC patch should go on the chest not shoulder.

CONFIRMED: this is NOT the WC jersey.

I think the Winter Classic patches on the front are much better than the shoulder. The Capitals looked ok and I guess the stars and a patch would have made it crowded; but if they just moved the stars down a bit they could have replicated some classic looks even closer with a patch on the front. The Flyers have no such issue so without a patch on the front the jersey would look incomplete to me.

Jerseys167.jpg

Jerseys144.jpg

DSCN0376.jpg

The flyers winter classic I got the last time was a heavier material then regular edge premiers. What material was it and why was it different?

The WC replicas have been made in the CCM 550 cut and using the same material I believe

The WC replicas have been made in the CCM 550 cut and using the same material I believe

I know that was the case in the past (not sure about last year though) I just hope with this indo-Edge crap, they keep it up as a replica 2012 WC with 550 material will be better quality than an authentic indo-Edge.

I know that was the case in the past (not sure about last year though) I just hope with this indo-Edge crap, they keep it up as a replica 2012 WC with 550 material will be better quality than an authentic indo-Edge.

With my Capitals replica WC, it is airknit, but it feels lighter than my previous years replicas.

Speak of the devil:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Washington-Capitals-Edge-2-0-Winter-Classic-NHL-Authentic-Jason-Chimera-Jersey-/140635872492?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item20be8d1cec

I think the Winter Classic patches on the front are much better than the shoulder. The Capitals looked ok and I guess the stars and a patch would have made it crowded; but if they just moved the stars down a bit they could have replicated some classic looks even closer with a patch on the front. The Flyers have no such issue so without a patch on the front the jersey would look incomplete to me.

Who customized your Caps WC jersey? Who is best for that job?

Who customized your Caps WC jersey? Who is best for that job?

I used EPS. Some members have had issues with them but they do the Caps on ice jerseys so all my current Caps stuff has been spot on.

The Flyers WC jersey on eBay was without a doubt a legitimate jersey. The fakers do not understand that they use the CCM 550 cut on the replicas (therefore, there should not be any cuts on the sides of the jerseys nor should there be a jock tag). The shoulder patch looks legitimate (and not sewn on), the crest is legitimate (the crest features twill sewn on, but the crest itself is heat sealed to the jersey, like the 2010 version).