It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

Ultrafils from EPS:

Blackhawks Roenick.

Kings Gretzky 89-90.

Canadiens Roy 91-92 TBTC.

Late 80s/early 90s CCM Maska Ultrafils, best NHL jerseys ever...hands down. Nice haul!

For what it's worth, by 89-90 Gretz was sporting the double CCM http://www.gameworna...etter-21-2.html

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, by 89-90 Gretz was sporting the double CCM http://www.gameworna...etter-21-2.html

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but regarding authentic Gretzky double-tagged jerseys, were these team-issued only (and therefore only available in Gretzky's size, which I believe was a 54 in an ultrafil)? Or were there actually some double-tagged retail authentics available in other sizes? If there were retails, since they were obviously intended to be Gretzkys, were they precustomized only? Some of you have some of these double-tagged jerseys (for example, Victim has at least 8 absolutely beautiful ones)- did any of you find them blank so you could get them customized yourselves?

What I'm getting at is, the double-tagged ones seem quite hard to find- the ones that are available all seem to be autographed and the owners are asking for $800 to over a thousand for them! I'm really interested to know how you guys obtained yours...

323c3bdb.jpg

Okay I know re-quoting images is verboten, but necessary in this case.

I'm used to seeing the occasional toe or partial foot in some pics (see the Roenick shots above) but I gotta ask what the heck is that at the bottom of the Skoula pics. It's like some sort of H.R. Giger alien foot talons or something.

So not only do aliens exist, but they collect jerseys? alien_silver_smiley.gif

Hahahahaha, that's funny you said that I thought they looked like alien feet too after I posted it.

To clear things up. I'm not an alien:D ;those are the feet of my foot rest. I stand on it to take my photos.

Whats your guy's opinions on switching the neck to a reebok vector and turning this into a kunitz 06 jersey? If teams recycled jerseys in that era, it should be no problem foul wise.

Late 80s/early 90s CCM Maska Ultrafils, best NHL jerseys ever...hands down. Nice haul!

Actually, he wore it when he started wearing CCM

Here is a frame i took from a video I downloaded of Gretzky's LA debut against Detroit

GretzkyKingsDebut.jpg

You can see the small CCM on the left side as he is making a pass.....it is not the clearest pic, but you can tell that it is the CCM logo, since in those days, the "M" in CCM was darker, and you can see the last block there is darker.

Here is a frame i took from a video I downloaded of Gretzky's LA debut

That's good to know. I remember going to that game! There was a lot of excitement in L.A. that night.

We need a Gretzky Jerseys sticky. Strickly Gretzky jersey info.

This seems too pop up all the time.

Then we can move onto a Lemieux Jersey sticky! :)

On the authentic Buffalo alts, felt is used for the white city name and numbers.

sabresalt_frontteam.jpgsabresalt_leftnumbers.jpg

That's awesome, I thought they were just single layer twill like everything else. I like that, I'd totally buy one of those now.

Where did you manage to get one! I have been looking ever since they changed from the 1.0s to the 2.0s!

Got some of the last of the team issues the Hawks quarters had left. From what I've heard they aren't going to release any of the Stanley Cup season jerseys so you'll probably have to wait until next year to grab one or wait and see if Reebok releases em to the public.

NOT true -

http://www.classicau...nid=7&lotid=350

2566670960105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

2568980610105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

He started in '89-90 with the small logos CCM, as your pic shows, but he wore single CCM when he originall went to the Kings.

NEVER DOUBT ME AGAIN!!! :P

Great pickups everybody. Especially like the Callahan rookie.

Also, CJ, I know it's your before even seeing your name. That majestic blue carpet of yours. :thumbsup:

Like that Callahan and blanks. Too bad PP authentics are cut 2 sizes bigger or that liberty would had been mine (If its the same one i think you got it from). :)

Haha majestic blue carpet. That's great. I think I take my pictures in like four different places, depending on where I send my stuff, and how clean my floor is lol

Mike is making up my Callahan rookie right now.

I find that my pro player authentics are tighter than my starter jerseys in the same size. The KOHO and Reebok jerseys I find to be HUGE. I'll tell you where I got it later when I get home.

good grabs. I knew there was a 48 on ebay that was a BIN i saw but i passed on it. I used to have a PP that was a 48 and it was HUGE. Maybe it was the one i had and CCM/Koho authentics have the biggest cuts of any authentics i think.

good grabs. I knew there was a 48 on ebay that was a BIN i saw but i passed on it. I used to have a PP that was a 48 and it was HUGE. Maybe it was the one i had and CCM/Koho authentics have the biggest cuts of any authentics i think.

I actually managed to go back and forth with the guy and get it for a little less money too, so I can't really complain too much. I mean, it WAS expensive, but at the same time, they're so hard to come by, and this will complete my set of Graves w/Captains C jerseys. I have the white one, Mike is making the Blue one now, and I'll do this one later.

NOT true -

http://www.classicau...nid=7&lotid=350

2566670960105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

2568980610105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

He started in '89-90 with the small logos CCM, as your pic shows, but he wore single CCM when he originall went to the Kings.

NEVER DOUBT ME AGAIN!!! :P

The pic I had was from his debut in LA (October 5th 1988).....can't get any earlier than that......

The pic I had was from his debut in LA (October 5th 1988).....can't get any earlier than that......

Then he started with a double, and went to a single? Are you sure you weren't watching October 5th, 1990 - the first game that hockeymusic saw Gretz wear a double CCM? :P