It arrived today v3.0

JeffB

So after being inspired by many of you, my first project jersey came in today. I've always wanted a black LA Kings jersey and I got an absolute steal on this one. Its a size 52 Ultrafil and the jersey itself is essentially brand new but it is lettered and numbered with a non player name and the #22.

I plan on turning it into a Kelly Hrudey #32, so I think it should look pretty great after its done. Here is the exact game worn I am planning to model it after - http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2436863020102806555CQTOWA

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of some tips on how to strip an ultrafil? Thanks in advance!

6rmtl5.jpg

Make it a Rick Tocchet JERSEY that is the number he wore when he was a La King

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very excited about this pick up.

Good wear with burns on both sleeves and two small repairs.

The original owner was cool enough to provide a photomatch to the repair from the game against Boston in January.

Will post pics of the repair/photomatch in the is it a match thread.

Sick Kopi pick up!

1986-87 Ultrafil Bruins, 52 -

:):) :)

Wow, very nice Bruins jersey. Looks really good for a 25 year old jersey.

Where do you keep finding these gems????

ebay of course...none of you mugs seem to want to help me out!!! :P

24 hours ago it actually still looked like this, but I'm happy to say it stripped super clean -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130555297151&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I'd been looking for an authentic 80s Bruins forever to turn into a #7 Bourque, and kept bugging JAV for his '84-85 every few months (can't say I blame him for holding on to his), so I was pretty happy when I stumbled upon the O'Reilly.

Part luck, part persistence :thumbsup:

Todays additions to the practice jersey collection. 2010-2011 Edge 2.0's.

2030638830107003020S500x500Q85.jpg

2528851850107003020S500x500Q85.jpg

That gold Preds practice jersey is SHARP! Any more where you got 'em?

Gotta make that Bruins ultrafil into a Neely. Almost all of his game worn jerseys were ultrafil. That would be sweet!

So today I finally got my first Islanders jersey, a classic early 90s authentic, size 52 and autographed by Potvin, Trottier, Smith and Bossy. Normally I just despise autos on jerseys but these are super crisp and legible and dont look half bad.

The real issue for me is what to do with it. Its not quite the same as the jerseys Bossy wore, which is what I'd like to do with it. My other main choice is Hextall as he is my favorite player and Im working on getting all the jerseys he wore but then I would definitely want to remove the sigs. Not totally sure what to do yet but its a good problem to have at this point. It feels sort of like a foul to make it into a Bossy but removing the signatures seems wrong as well. Ill need to think about it or get some opinions.

Either way the jersey is 100% amazing and still brand new with tags. Definitely a deal/steal for me.

You may have seen this jersey on ebay, it was up then just randomly was taken down. The guy lived super close to me so I just messaged him and he sold it to me today.

2nvt7pu.jpg

Man, with all those hall of famer sigs, I'd just leave that baby the way it is. It would be a darn shame to have to remove them. You could hopefully find another blank jersey for customizing.

Swap out the crest. Keep the ones with the autographs and put a fresh one in its place. Everyone wins that way. You could probably even make some money off the signed crest.

Swap out the crest. Keep the ones with the autographs and put a fresh one in its place. Everyone wins that way. You could probably even make some money off the signed crest.

This man is Brilliant!

:P

Love those Preds/Flyers practices, though, I think they are more of an EDGE 1.5 than 2.0...I was going to start a thread on the practice jerseys, but thought better of it.

On the Isles. Hell of a pickup! Gotta say turn that into a 91/92 Turgeon (NHL 75th patch and Isles 20th).

You make it sound easy. Do you have any idea where I can get one? I have a road Islanders that needs a crest -

2326108840105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

i have an edit to my last post with a nice story:)

yesterday i was at the practice session of the ZSC Lions here in Zurich and after the practice i met Jeff Tambellini and had a chat with him about his Canucks gamer. He was excited to see one of his gamers own by a collector in Switzerland.

Then he signed it on the Fight Strap. normally i don't like signatures on a game worn jersey. But i don't mind when it's on the fight strap because i can't see it.

I heard there are many discussions about signatures on a game worn...now what do you think about that guys?:)

And how you use it or how you like gamers...signed or unsigned?

035.jpg

cheers,

manu

That's pretty sweet. Now I have a question. What if you have an old gamer from a player, and the jersey has a different number than the player uses now, and he signs the jersey with his current number?... What is the etiquette on something like this? Should the player sign it with the number on the jersey, or the number he's currently using? How do you ask him to go about it without seeming like a jerk or a weirdo? And how do you think, as a collector, it affects resale value if you can't validate the signature?

EDIT: I guess that was multiple questions :lol:

That's pretty sweet. Now I have a question. What if you have an old gamer from a player, and the jersey has a different number than the player uses now, and he signs the jersey with his current number?... What is the etiquette on something like this? Should the player sign it with the number on the jersey, or the number he's currently using? How do you ask him to go about it without seeming like a jerk or a weirdo? And how do you think, as a collector, it affects resale value if you can't validate the signature?

so i can only tell you how it was with Tamby...he's a really nice guy and i didn't had to ask something. Now he wears number 14 for the ZSC Lions, but he automatically signed the Canucks gamer with his number 10. and also he signed a puck with the same number.

038.jpg

i will let you know in some weeks how he will sign an old Islanders gamer from him:) i bought one really cheap and i will go to get the signature also on the fight strap. then he should sign it with the 15;)

and about the value...i don't want to sell the jersey, because of that it's not important for me how the value changes.

i think value could be decrease if you sign it on the back number, because then the jersey is not the same as on the ice. but on the fight strap, i don't think that then it changes much. i have a Penguins gamer and on this the Equipment Manager has signed on the fight strap. that was on any penguins gamer that i saw.

And i think if you wanna sell a jersey with signature...get the signature of the player by yourself and make a picture with him.

that helps to photo match the signature:)

That happens a lot with the Isles, just never on a jersey with me. Some players were good about signing the correct number (Alexei Zhitnik, Travis Hamonic), while others, (Matt Donovan, Aaron Ness, James Wisniewski) were terrible at it. I made Wisniewski fix the WC puck I had him sign (at least he had the number right on the WC picture...it was very close, but I caught him). Player signs with the number on the jersey IMO. Be like, "hey. Big fan, I had faith in you since you wore this number! Can you please sign it to Jeremy and write your old number?". When that happens, he will likely do it, then I need you to go to the PO, put it in a medium flat rate box and ship it to me. Thanks!

Edit: Tamby was always very nice when I met him. Its sad it didn't work out here.

Edited by JMOOSE29

KTK 2010:

Nice haul, I went with Toews for my white Cup final, Sharp for my red Cup final and Bolland for my Winter Classic.

Thanks. Yeah, I don't plan on selling the jersey I want to get signed either, but I have that Michael Sauer Wolfpack jersey, and he wore number 4 with the Wolfpack but he wears 38 now with the Rangers, and I wasn't sure how to go about it or what to expect.