My EPS experience

orangecrush8

(I didn't know this board had such strict language filters. :unsure: )

Yea, you can't say a single thing on this board or the filter will zap it. Even ######'s Sporting Goods is off limits.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I decided to dig up an old thread to vent a little.

I just got back a jersey from EPS today and shocking, it's wrong.

Unbelievable.

When they screwed up my first batch, I figured I didn't give enough info or reference pictures. OK, my fault.

When they screwed up my second batch, I figured the detailed instructions and pictures of game worns for reference weren't enough. OK, I guess my fault?

This is my third try and I guess I am the idiot for going back and expecting different results. This time I included specific measurements, length and width of every aspect of what I wanted done. Then included a picture of my game worn and asked to please match the customization.

Even with measurements, pictures and detailed instructions I can't get a Kings jersey done correctly from EPS.

Get this one fixed? HA!

It took three months to get this order of two jerseys, will I have to wait another three months? Complete BS!

Gamer

palffyvback.jpg

EPS

palffyeps.jpg

Nameplate is too short, letter spacing and size are off.

Am I crazy?

edit: it was actually three months, not four...but still!

No, you're absolutely right. The spaces inside the P and the A are too big compared to the gamer, and the bottom of the L looks too long. The back numbers also look like they're a little too thick, and the arm numbers look too thin.

The spacing on the name is really bad. Back numbers are workable but the sleeve numbers are also really different. I think the spacing on the name is what would bother me the most though, thats not really a tough thing to get right. Im not even that picky with a lot of things but I wouldnt stand for that myself. Thats a bummer for sure.

Am I crazy?

Of course you are not crazy.

I started a thread a while back were I said that I was tired of banging my head against the wall trying to get correct customizing.

This is another great example.

As I've said before, only gamers for me from now on.

It's crazy.......months of waiting, explicit instructions, money down the tubes.

I feel your pain, bro.

No, you're absolutely right. The spaces inside the P and the A are too big compared to the gamer, and the bottom of the L looks too long. The back numbers also look like they're a little too thick, and the arm numbers look too thin.

LOL!!

I was so pissed about the name and nameplate, I haven't even gotten to the numbers yet!

I know to most of you EPS is your go to place for customization. My experience was less than satisfactory.

I had sent two of my jerseys to EPS to be customized. However both came back with errors. I spoke to Josh and at first he told me these jerseys would not be fixed free of charge, even though the errors were on their part. I sent numerous pictures showing exactly what I wanted, but unfortunately they came back wrong.

For example, the Flyers use twill on their current road jerseys for nameplate material. On my order form, I specifically asked for twill, yet the jersey came back with a Edge nameplate.

The other jersey I sent was a 2009 Flyers 2.0 road jersey (bought from Meigray). They placed the nameplate too high on this jersey, and therefore it overlapped onto a different colour of the jersey.

I had to speak with the owner of EPS and he agreed to fix my jerseys accordingly.

I sent the jerseys back to them about a month ago so I just sent Josh at EPS an email asking about the status and if they had any questions about specifically what was to be changed. This was his response...

"They’re here, but it will take some time as I am not sure how to address these. First off you sent a 52 for old white, no player in the NHL wears a 52, that’s why the plate looks different on your jersey than the picture you sent. Basically you are asking me to replicate shoddy customizing done by a non licensed facility. I can make a smaller name so that it won’t encroach on the orange, but then the letters are going to be closer than they should. Also if you look at your reference photo, they put the nameplate over the seam, you never do that. As far as the WC style, not sure what you think is wrong with it other than the fact that Philly Express is taking your money fulfilling with cheap twill plates. Also, do you know that Philly Express uses the same sleeve numbers on the WC style and the old white? They are actually different. We are going to take care of these and then we will not be working together again. You ideas of specifications are entirely farfetched and unable to be replicated."

Am I out of line here? Asking for the appropriate material that the Flyers use on their jerseys? Asking that the nameplate doesn't overlap onto a different part of the jersey? I hardly think these expectations are "farfetched" or are "unable to be replicated", but that's just me.

And just for people who are unaware. Claude Giroux and Daniel Briere both wear size 52 jerseys. Heck, even the reference photo I sent to EPS for the placement of the nameplate on the 2009 road jersey was of s game worn jersey, worn by Mike Richards when he wore a size 52!

Its quite sad, because most of you would all recommend them. I myself, however will not be going back after getting this email. I would have just ordered kits from now on, but the fact that they call my expectations farfetched and then say they will not be working with me again? All because I am asking for what is right? Just does not seem right to me.

These guys need to take a look at Icejerseys and how they deal with customer service.

I know this is an old post, but WOW. Not only is that bad customer service, but who actually talks to a person like that?! :blink: That's unbelievably rude! Not to mention, it's hilarious that he says that asking for a jersey to look the way it does on the ice is 'farfetched.' :unsure: Getting mad at a customer because he got the order completely wrong, I do believe I'll be sending my jerseys elsewhere.

Jesus, I was just in the middle of writing up an email to Josh about sending in and customizing 4 of my authentics (I'm in Canada, so I've been reluctant about sending them over to the States $$$). Then I see this thread was bumped, and of course now I'm skeptical. I just want to them right the first time. If anybody has any suggestions, the jersey's I'm looking to get customized next and ASAP are as follows -

1. Team Canada 2010 Olympics (Red) - Need a place that has the proper Nike Swift material, so far EPS is the only place I know of that does

2. NY Isles Away, Edge 2.0

3. Flyers Away, RBK 6100

4. Flyers 92/93 Away (Lindros Rookie, just need the nameplate changed)

I've also got 4 90's Canuck Ultrafil Skate jerseys that i've been trying to have customized, but nobody seems to want to do them locally, so EPS again sounds like my only option for these, although I'm sure they'll take 4 months to get back. Any suggestions on this situation as well would be much appreciated.

Jesus, I was just in the middle of writing up an email to Josh about sending in and customizing 4 of my authentics (I'm in Canada, so I've been reluctant about sending them over to the States $$$). Then I see this thread was bumped, and of course now I'm skeptical. I just want to them right the first time. If anybody has any suggestions, the jersey's I'm looking to get customized next and ASAP are as follows -

1. Team Canada 2010 Olympics (Red) - Need a place that has the proper Nike Swift material, so far EPS is the only place I know of that does

3. Flyers Away, RBK 6100

I've also got 4 90's Canuck Ultrafil Skate jerseys that i've been trying to have customized, but nobody seems to want to do them locally, so EPS again sounds like my only option for these, although I'm sure they'll take 4 months to get back. Any suggestions on this situation as well would be much appreciated.

I also live in Vancouver and I always avoid sending jerseys to the US for customization. What I did was to buy lettering kits from EPS and have the kits sewn on locally. Price for kits is usually $5 to $10 cheaper than sending the jersey to them to customize. And, more importantly, you save a lot of money and time on shipping the jerseys to and from the states. Their turnaround time is long even for making kits, but surely shorter than doing the complete customization. Last time I ordered a Capitals Ovechkin kit from EPS. The kits delivered 4 weeks after placing the order. And my local tailor finished putting the kit on flawlessly in 30 minutes. And, by doing the sewing locally, you can make immediate correction if the placement of the kits is wrong.

As for the Canucks skate jerseys, I also avoid doing it locally because the major sport stores in Vancouver do not have Ultrafil nameplate ( I asked jerseycity, Game on sport, etc).You may try http://www.gpcresting.com/ in Calgary. They do customization for the Canucks team store and they use Ultrafil nameplate. However, they are expensive. They charge $90 for the kits or $100 for full service, shipping cost not included.

To sum up, EPS may be your best option because they have specific nameplates material that you need.

To sum up, EPS may be your best option because they have specific nameplates material that you need.

The only reason I still use EPS (and only when I have no other choice) -

1 - nameplate material

2 - their cleaning services (they've saved a few jerseys for me that I was unable to get cleaned myself)

3. Flyers Away, RBK 6100

EPS says they have swift material but they are lying. They did my Canada jersey and what it came back with wasn't swift material. It was close but not the same.

OK, Guys.....

Where do I send my Detroit Vipers to turn it in to a Bondra? I have nameplate material that I am sending with the jersey. I live in the US and would like to send it to someone in the US (just easier).

Any suggestions for me?

OK, Guys.....

Where do I send my Detroit Vipers to turn it in to a Bondra? I have nameplate material that I am sending with the jersey. I live in the US and would like to send it to someone in the US (just easier).

Any suggestions for me?

Just send it to EPS. The Vipers used the same number style as the Devils and a slightly different lettering font that they got right.

Probably going to suck it up and end up sending the Canucks authentics into EPS, or just ordering the kits. Anybody have any suggestions (in Canada) where I could send in my Isles, Flyers and Team Canada (Swift material) to have properly customized?

Mini rant here and by all means tell me to go ###### myself if you want, but honestly I can't take this anymore:

Guys, I understand you are all sticklers for "correct" customizations, but honestly most people here need to take a chill pill. I understand a lot of money is being thrown around (I am in college and work a job off campus to support my hobby sometimes), but you have to realize that you are the tiniest little blip on a giant see of teams getting their jerseys done up by EPS.

This isn't a let's cut a kit or multiple kits in a day thing for these teams and ship 'em out. This is a long process of cutting twill with complex machinery to specific fonts, then sewing them on correctly, and making sure they are being used to specific specs approved by their respective leagues and so on and so forth.

Your jersey that means a lot to YOU probably means very little revenue to the company, and they are doing a service to YOU by even customizing it. They deal with thousands of orders every day and things happen. As stated in many, many emails EPS does mention how they take priority to pro teams with large orders. The criticisms are valid, I agree that it sucks to have a jersey messed up its happened to me!, but sometimes I feel that people on this board don't remember their place as small time consumers who are just small minnows in a seat of hammerhead sharks and complain when they don't get preferential treatment.

To be honest no customization will ever be perfect as there are so many imperfections with the jerseys that hit the ice for the NHL, so obviously striving for as close to possible is what an enthusiast strives for. All I am saying is just remember next time it takes 2 months to get a jersey back that you're jersey is being stored behind multiple NHL, AHL, ECHL, NFL, and other leagues that have home, away, and sometimes third jerseys to get done for a deadline. Multiple sets of 3 jerseys is going to take a lot of time, and these companies are under deadlines to get them done, so obviously they take priority. And, EPS is also taking orders from other customers at the same time, so thousands upon thousands of jerseys need to be done to precise specs that people are demanding. Mistakes happen. Just email them back, and be patient, and they will do their best to fix it. Screaming and yelling and complaining may make you feel better, but it will probably just anger the guys at EPS who have frankly more important work to do, and cause more delays.

That's just my take. Also, if you don't expect rush treatment usually the time doesn't seem that outrageous.

Mini rant here and by all means tell me to go ###### myself if you want, but honestly I can't take this anymore:

Guys, I understand you are all sticklers for "correct" customizations, but honestly most people here need to take a chill pill. I understand a lot of money is being thrown around (I am in college and work a job off campus to support my hobby sometimes), but you have to realize that you are the tiniest little blip on a giant see of teams getting their jerseys done up by EPS.

This isn't a let's cut a kit or multiple kits in a day thing for these teams and ship 'em out. This is a long process of cutting twill with complex machinery to specific fonts, then sewing them on correctly, and making sure they are being used to specific specs approved by their respective leagues and so on and so forth.

Your jersey that means a lot to YOU probably means very little revenue to the company, and they are doing a service to YOU by even customizing it. They deal with thousands of orders every day and things happen. As stated in many, many emails EPS does mention how they take priority to pro teams with large orders. The criticisms are valid, I agree that it sucks to have a jersey messed up its happened to me!, but sometimes I feel that people on this board don't remember their place as small time consumers who are just small minnows in a seat of hammerhead sharks and complain when they don't get preferential treatment.

To be honest no customization will ever be perfect as there are so many imperfections with the jerseys that hit the ice for the NHL, so obviously striving for as close to possible is what an enthusiast strives for. All I am saying is just remember next time it takes 2 months to get a jersey back that you're jersey is being stored behind multiple NHL, AHL, ECHL, NFL, and other leagues that have home, away, and sometimes third jerseys to get done for a deadline. Multiple sets of 3 jerseys is going to take a lot of time, and these companies are under deadlines to get them done, so obviously they take priority. And, EPS is also taking orders from other customers at the same time, so thousands upon thousands of jerseys need to be done to precise specs that people are demanding. Mistakes happen. Just email them back, and be patient, and they will do their best to fix it. Screaming and yelling and complaining may make you feel better, but it will probably just anger the guys at EPS who have frankly more important work to do, and cause more delays.

That's just my take. Also, if you don't expect rush treatment usually the time doesn't seem that outrageous.

I disagree, regardless if you're spending $5,$50,$500,$5000 ect you are still a paying customer and deserve the service you are asking for. If this is too much for them and they are not making enough from it then they should stop doing it..if they offer it then they should absolutely do their best to make the paying customer happy. We all work very hard for our money and should not expect less of a product because we aren't having team sets done. The time line I can understand, the fact that our work may not be top priority I can understand, a mistake I can understand but bottom line is it needs to be handled in a professional manner and if it's not right the expectation should be to make it right regardless of the dollar amount being spent.

I cordially disagree. They're not doing people who send one jersey in a favour; if they didn't want to take single orders they wouldn't, but they do, and they take money for it. I don't think asking for instructions to be followed is asking for preferential treatment. Individual orders, as you mentioned, are second in priority to large team orders; therefore it's understandable that often it takes the company a while to get around to single jerseys, but I can't see how it excuses them for choosing not to give their customers what they pay for, as people have said here. :unsure: We all work for our money, I'm working right now so I can afford college tuition next year, yay capitalism. I just don't have it in me to feel sympathy for corporations, whether they're big, medium, small or just right, so, um, that's where I'm coming from.

I cordially disagree. They're not doing people who send one jersey in a favour; if they didn't want to take single orders they wouldn't, but they do, and they take money for it. I don't think asking for instructions to be followed is asking for preferential treatment. Individual orders, as you mentioned, are second in priority to large team orders; therefore it's understandable that often it takes the company a while to get around to single jerseys, but I can't see how it excuses them for choosing not to give their customers what they pay for, as people have said here. :unsure: We all work for our money, I'm working right now so I can afford college tuition next year, yay capitalism. I just don't have it in me to feel sympathy for corporations, whether they're big, medium, small or just right, so, um, that's where I'm coming from.

That's not what I said at all. I said be patient with them, and don't start talking about you are never going back to them because they messed up an order slightly and take a while to respond. Obviously there is a difference between being disrespected and understanding a companies needs is what I am saying.

I am sorry, but that is just ridiculous!

Maybe I haven't read all the posts but I don't remember anybody screaming and yelling.

I also don't believe anybody is upset over the time it takes to get a jersey back, assuming it is correct.

The problem is the inaccuracy and whether you are a big fish or a little one, there is no excuse for poor workmanship.

We are not asking the customizers to recreate the theory of relativity, just follow our simple instructions and LOOK at the pictures we send in.

Seriously xcdude, in what other aspect of life do you accept bad work over and over again.

That's not what I said at all. I said be patient with them, and don't start talking about you are never going back to them because they messed up an order slightly and take a while to respond. Obviously there is a difference between being disrespected and understanding a companies needs is what I am saying.

I think it's understandable to allow them a margin for error here and there, especially on more difficult stuff...but if you send in specific directions and it should not take 2 or 3 tries to get it right.