My EPS experience

orangecrush8

Josh and I had a conversation about the Flyers and their somewhat questionable customizing facility which at the time was Ruberti's in West Chester. He said that the NHL has an approved font package for each team and the Flyers use whatever materials they want for the on ice jerseys. I believe he used the term "shack" when referring to Ruberti's as a business. I understand that this must be very frustrating to EPS when customers return jerseys because the font is not the same as what the players wear. My solution to them would be to tell Flyers customers up front that they cannot do the new retro jerseys because they don't have the font. I am sure Matt would have sent his new white retro jersey to PE if they would have told him up front. Josh is short with us and usually reassures us that they can do something even when they can't. Now the fact of the matter is the average customer will not know or care if the font is slightly off. It's nuts like us that must have Josh tossing and turning at night. Which leads me to this...

BUY GAMERS!!

and save yourself a ton of heartache.

Once I get out of school and can afford gamers, I will start buying them.

For right now, the only gamers I can buy are the cheap players which I would rather just pass on.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh told me that Edge nameplates are like 700% more expensive and that they're not supposed to be using twill. And yea their turnaround time is absolutely fantastic, and their prices aren't bad. They're just awful people haha.

EPS did my Richards Edge and I think it came out great. PE did my Giroux and it took me more money to fix it. When I called them out on the issue, they cursed me out and told me I was an idiot. Josh can be a little testy sometimes when challenged, but he listens if you are very calm about it and don't instantly point the finger.

It's a battle going on right now and very annoying. I'm not getting a new jersey until this straightens out, just sticking with the black/white sets because EPS does them fine.

Johnny, its funny that you're only sticking to the white/black sets because my thinking is the complete opposite. The way I look at it is that if I want the current road and home jerseys I better get them soon because what happens if the Flyers change customizers/jerseys/materials ect and the proper material for these jerseys becomes unavailable? As of right now it seems that Philly Express is the only place to get the current jerseys customized correctly while the older white and black jerseys can be done by other places. If something does happen with Philly Express, whether it be a uniform change, changing materials or even the Flyers changing customizers, the proper customization for the current jerseys becomes unavailable to everyone.

The gamer thing was only a joke. I'm becoming a Rangers fan!

That leads to more headaches!

On the topic of EPS, did anyone get a '04 ASG jersey done by them? I want to get my EAstern Aucoin'd.

Johnny, its funny that you're only sticking to the white/black sets because my thinking is the complete opposite. The way I look at it is that if I want the current road and home jerseys I better get them soon because what happens if the Flyers change customizers/jerseys/materials ect and the proper material for these jerseys becomes unavailable? As of right now it seems that Philly Express is the only place to get the current jerseys customized correctly while the older white and black jerseys can be done by other places. If something does happen with Philly Express, whether it be a uniform change, changing materials or even the Flyers changing customizers, the proper customization for the current jerseys becomes unavailable to everyone.

Haha yea that makes sense, but to be honest I like the old sets more and they're easier to find for a good price. I can't fathom the customization becoming so bad that it's impossible to get; every jersey can be done.

Well we know that will never happen. Hey I appreciate a nice authentic just as much as a gameworn.

I'm just throwing it out there that not one sign pointed to that being a joke haha.

man that is not good to hear, its pretty obvious from the pics that they sewed it up too high and that's why it overlaps, kind of a ###### response from Josh. I was going to send an Avs jersey there since they seem to be the only place with mesh nameplate material, probably going to reconsider that now.

I would order the nameplate, then have Denver Athletic sew it on and have them do the numbers.

All my dealings with EPS and Josh have been good, I drop-off and pick-up my stuff, so I do have pics and conversation with him

and go over any nuances and all has been solid. I have six to pick up on the 25th, with two of them being Flyers WC jerseys, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm just throwing it out there that not one sign pointed to that being a joke haha.

In the words of our good friend Mike "I love stoli too" Let's drink and be merry.

Go Flyers!!!

There sure have been increasing reports of attitude issues/problems with EPS as of late. I don't like hearing that.

That leads to more headaches!

On the topic of EPS, did anyone get a '04 ASG jersey done by them? I want to get my EAstern Aucoin'd.

I'd like to have an opinion too... I have a 04 ASG I intend to send in any day now as well.

As far as the WC style, not sure what you think is wrong with it other than the fact that Philly Express is taking your money fulfilling with cheap twill plates.

What an arrogant comment from Josh. I don't care if twill is too cheap, I just want what they use on the game jerseys no matter what it is. Josh's attitude is why I've avoided EPS for a while now. He's not interested in providing true ON ICE customization, no matter how many pics we send in.

hopefully this works out for everyone. i sent my first jersey in to EPS for customizing a few weeks ago. hopefully it arrives with no issues. i picked EPS cuz i heard a lot of good things about them.

so how long does it usuually take to get your stuff back from EPS? i only sent 1 jersey. do they tell you when it is done or does it just arrive at your door?

What an arrogant comment from Josh. I don't care if twill is too cheap, I just want what they use on the game jerseys no matter what it is. Josh's attitude is why I've avoided EPS for a while now. He's not interested in providing true ON ICE customization, no matter how many pics we send in.

Yeah thats pretty much exactly how I felt but didnt want to say anything too rude because they still have my jerseys. I think I said something like "if its good enough for the Philadelphia Flyers, its good enough for me".

I've been hearing increasing negative experiences with EPS. I've only dealt with them once and it was smooth. That was a couple of years ago though. I've always had good experiences with TTS, Chris has always been really good to me. One time they completely screwed up a jersey, in their defense it was an older jersey from the 70's and I may have not been specific enough. But they took it back, corrected the jersey and sent me a Wales conference replica for my troubles. I know some folks have have some difficulties with them as well, though. My experience with them has always been top notch.

I'm with you on TTS. I'm local to them so it makes it even easier/better for me and I can see the product before paying and walking out with it. The nice part about being in there is they know me and what I expect and these days I don't even need to request Edge/Ultrafil or whatever nameplate material, they just make sure it happens because they know I want it tha way. They're really great people in that store and the two issues I've had they fixed with zero questions (one was yesterday and they found the mistake before I even got to see the jersey). I know every business is going to have some complaints voiced against it so I guess you just need to find someplace that you work well with and trust. It seems like EPS has gone from 100% satisfaction with everybody here to about 50/50 over the last year or two.

You've gotten ultrafil jerseys done up from TTS? When I sent in my last jersey to EPS I only did so because 1. good feedback here and 2. they claimed to have proper ultrafil material. TTS stated they had ultrafil-like material. Still waiting on my jersey from EPS; they've had it for 6 weeks. According to my conversation with Josh, it should be done in the next week.

I'm with you on TTS. I'm local to them so it makes it even easier/better for me and I can see the product before paying and walking out with it. The nice part about being in there is they know me and what I expect and these days I don't even need to request Edge/Ultrafil or whatever nameplate material, they just make sure it happens because they know I want it tha way. They're really great people in that store and the two issues I've had they fixed with zero questions (one was yesterday and they found the mistake before I even got to see the jersey). I know every business is going to have some complaints voiced against it so I guess you just need to find someplace that you work well with and trust. It seems like EPS has gone from 100% satisfaction with everybody here to about 50/50 over the last year or two.

Yeah I've had a couple done with them and am really happy with them. I have one that was done by EPS a while back and when comparing you wouldn't be able to tell any differences, they're both really well done.

Man, how horrible. This goes to show you how far customer service can go, and how much bad customer service can bite you in the butt. There are tons of threads here about how good EPS is, and that they are a top of the line company. This drives business to their site, I know I would never have used them if not for the recommendations of people here. One bad customer service experience, and here's a 3 page thread on one of the top hockey jersey websites that will probably drive away some business.

For comparison, I recently had two jerseys customized by a local shop. I've had work done there before, and its always come out great. This time, both the jerseys had errors. One used the wrong font for the numbers, and the other just had a sloppy sewing job on the name. They happily took the jerseys back and corrected the errors in a timely fashion. They weren't snooty about it, and they didn't put up a stink about fixing them.

There sure have been increasing reports of attitude issues/problems with EPS as of late. I don't like hearing that.

You can add me to the list...too many mistakes recently and that same attitude. They will get no more jerseys from me.

I am surprised to learn of this going on at EPS. Met JOSH last summer at the facility and he couldnt have been a nicer guy. EPS has 3 of my jerseys since before Christmas; but I know how slow they can be at getting stuff back out; which doesnt bother me because of the high quality of work. I am looking forward to continuing a long relationship with EPS as long as they maintain their high standards. I will update when my jerseys arrive; which should be soon.

Anybody else get jerseys back in the past couple of weeks?

This thread is scaring me a bit. I have a three jerseys I had planned to send their way...now I don't know what to do.