My EPS experience

orangecrush8

That makes the job twice as expensive, since you pay EPS the same if you buy the kit, or if you send them the jersey and they sew it on themselves, correct?

My understanding is that the kits are cheaper than if you just sent the jersey into EPS, at least based on the prices I paid for my last set of kits from them. However it's not much difference, like maybe $10 less. So I agree getting kits from EPS and then paying someone else to sew them on can quickly get expensive.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I would like to think that Rangers jerseys are simple enough that if I sent them something they could obviously make the kit right, but I would also hope that they would be able to apply it properly...

The problem I had with EPS in my last batch of Rangers jerseys is that they reduced the size of the sleeve numbers when they switched to the Edge jerseys.

nyr_sleeve_numbers.jpg

Despite reference pics and comments to use the old style numbers, all of my Rangers kits from EPS came back with small sleeve numbers. Once I explained this to Josh he told me that he just goes by the current reference CD from the league. He did however very quickly get me larger numbers at no additional cost.

Ahhhhh. Ok then. Do you have measurements and all that good stuff so that if I wanted to order something I could be as accurate as possible? Any tips or info you have to share on what kind of instructions to give regarding Rangers jerseys would be great.

My latest EPS experience. Canucks home skate jersey lettering kit.

IMG_1387.jpg

What's wrong with the kit? The colors are incorrect. These colors of kit were used from 1992 to 97 seasons, while Smyl retired after 1991 season. So, he never played in the jersey with number in these colors. I clearly stated that I want a kit for 1989-90 season when I place the order. The correct colors should be orange, gold and yellow. I sent Joshua pictures of my own jersey, pictures of Smyl in this style of jersey, and pictures of a few game worn for reference. Still, they can't make it right. I email Joshua for an exchange. Just wondering if he will charge me extra for exchange. My previous experiences with EPS were great. But this time I am so frustrated even though the other kits I ordered this time are perfect.

I was actually talking to a guy at the Ranger game last night who knows his s**t about jerseys, and he told me he was using IceJerseys and wasn't happy with them. I'm starting to think all these "professional" places just do whatever the hell they want for individual customers thinking they know better, since they do it for a living.

Knowing my jerseys are going to be done right without having to wait 6 months and guess makes me very happy.

I was actually talking to a guy at the Ranger game last night who knows his s**t about jerseys, and he told me he was using IceJerseys and wasn't happy with them. I'm starting to think all these "professional" places just do whatever the hell they want for individual customers thinking they know better, since they do it for a living.

Knowing my jerseys are going to be done right without having to wait 6 months and guess makes me very happy.

I think the problem lies with the files the NHL gives these places. Shops get the files from the NHL and they are supposed to be what's being used on the ice but the teams individual customizers will start tweaking the designs and then it becomes a problem for everyone else that is still using the original.

I think the problem lies with the files the NHL gives these places. Shops get the files from the NHL and they are supposed to be what's being used on the ice but the teams individual customizers will start tweaking the designs and then it becomes a problem for everyone else that is still using the original.

But if you're given specific instructions, with measurements, colors and reference pictures, you shouldn't be getting it wrong like EPS. That's totally unacceptable, since you're essentially telling the customer "you can give us whatever instructions you want for something you're paying for, but we're still going to do whatever we think looks good. Even if it's completely wrong"

The problem I had with EPS in my last batch of Rangers jerseys is that they reduced the size of the sleeve numbers when they switched to the Edge jerseys.

Matt, you just brought up something that I had never paid attention to. Does that mean then, that all pre-2007 Rangers jerseys had the larger numbers, going backwards chronologically from the CCM/Koho/Rbk 6100's, through the CCM/Starter/ProPlayers of the 1990's, etc? How far back does this go? And is this true for all model Rangers jerseys during these time periods?

Sent a Caps jersey to EPS months ago, last I heard from them it would still be "weeks" until they got started on it. First and Last time I ever use EPS to get a jersey customized. Some people on this board have mentioned Stitches in NJ so I'm going to give them a try next.

Ya its me who always use Stitches. I love them. Andrew stays in great communication and pays attention to even the smallest detail. They do excellent work. Just mention Kurt from IceJerseys..they should know i am by now lol. Ive sent about 10 jerseys.

Getting back to the Rangers number size issue, I checked some Liberty jerseys I got back from EPS, and the sleeve numbers were 3 5/8" long. My jerseys are rather small so they don't look bad and I didn't question it, but I just compared them to my Cosby-done Liberty that has 4 1/2" numbers. In fact, the back numbers of the Cosby are 12 1/2", while the EPS ones are only 11 1/2", so apparently there may be a size issue with the back numbers as well. I'd really like to know for sure if the 1990's jerseys should have the larger numbers, because EPS is currently doing some CCM and Starter mesh Rangers jerseys for me and I'll bet they are using the small ones. Aargh...

Sorry to not reply sooner - busy week at work. On the Rangers sleeve numbers issue, my Rangers Koho gamer from 2001 had 4.25" sleeve numbers, my Rangers Edge gamer from 2009 had 3.75" sleeve numbers.

Both Mike and Jay did help me out with measurements of some of their gamers - there does seem to be some variance over the years in size, but nothing as dramatic as the 6100 to Edge change. As for back numbers, I did notice that they too seem smaller, but it wasn't as noticeable for me and I was tired of going back an fourth with EPS so I kept the 11 1/2" ones they sent me.

Thank you, Matt. I've been looking at pictures of '90's gamers, and the sleeve numbers look pretty big- I'd guess around 4 1/2". If anyone has any CCM or Starter gamers from the '90's I'd love to hear from you.

• 2 months later...

I bought a Dany Heatley Sharks Black Alt Edge jersey for the purpose of stripping it myself and converting it into a Marleau jersey. I was gonna send it in to EPS, but I am a bit skeptical now. Would you guys say EPS if a safe bet for current Edge jerseys? Stitches NJ sounds like a good company, too.

I'm sending my next jerseys to eps as my 3 isles jerseys are currently at stitches and I have emailed them twice to see if they recieved them and they never responded. When I called they said they had them then hung up without telling me if and when they would be done. They have them for over 2 weeks now.

2 weeks? I'm going on 10 now with my order. :(

Jeremy, were you referring to Stitches NY or NJ?

I'm sending my next jerseys to eps as my 3 isles jerseys are currently at stitches and I have emailed them twice to see if they recieved them and they never responded. When I called they said they had them then hung up without telling me if and when they would be done. They have them for over 2 weeks now.

You should have sent your Isles jerseys to Stitches NY. They do the Isles jerseys for the team.

2 weeks? I'm going on 10 now with my order. :(

Just to clarify, my comment was regarding Stitches NJ.