My EPS experience

orangecrush8

Thank you! I was nice (I think). I pretty much said this was your kit, this is a gamer. Is it possible to fix it? (in a nicer way though). I sent 3 gamer pics (including the one on my computer monitor) when I first ordered the kit and then I sent this picture to prove the point.

CJ also pointed out the E is also off. The R is close.

IMG_3894.jpg

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! I was nice (I think). I pretty much said this was your kit, this is a gamer. Is it possible to fix it? (in a nicer way though). I sent 3 gamer pics (including the one on my computer monitor) when I first ordered the kit and then I sent this picture to prove the point.

IMG_3894.jpg

I don't want to make it any worse, but all the corners of the S, R, & O are off, too. More taken off the gamer's corners than on the kit. That M is atrocious. Sorry, but you're right to be upset. There's no excuse for that from a business claiming to match fonts and exactly reproduce game worn uniforms. If it were mine, I could get over the corners if that were the only issue, but that M and the E, too? That's unacceptable. I've never used EPS for anything, and I think this thread has sealed the deal for me. Won't use them unless it's a last resort.

I don't want to make it any worse, but all the corners of the S, R, & O are off, too. More taken off the gamer's corners than on the kit.

Thank you! You are not making it worse.

You know I have heard all the bad not much good of this so called Company that prides itself on doing NHL /MLB/and other jerseys to specs . I would think and hope a company that has been in bussiness this long would know when a customer send a jersey from a certain Era they themselfs would have Data or pictures of such jerseys .

How Many Gretzky/Yzerman/ Crosby/ Roy have they done and done correctly they tell you to send pictures ,drawings or links why is that and then they still screw it up , I do not think this is a very professional company .They make you wait sometime months for the product and you hope its done correct and if not even after you send in all the stuff to show them how to make the jersey up . And we as collectors have to p***y foot around and say PLEASE SIR can you fix this .

You know I have heard all the bad not much good of this so called Company that prides itself on doing NHL /MLB/and other jerseys to specs . I would think and hope a company that has been in bussiness this long would know when a customer send a jersey from a certain Era they themselfs would have Data or pictures of such jerseys .

How Many Gretzky/Yzerman/ Crosby/ Roy have they done and done correctly they tell you to send pictures ,drawings or links why is that and then they still screw it up , I do not think this is a very professional company .They make you wait sometime months for the product and you hope its done correct and if not even after you send in all the stuff to show them how to make the jersey up . And we as collectors have to p***y foot around and say PLEASE SIR can you fix this .

JM29's jersey looks like they just sorta' eyeballed the font and relied on their graphic artist skills to match it. I'd expect a company whose area of expertise is exact match to have a database of fonts and connections/contracts with every league and federation, not just a talented CG artist guy who is pretty good at matching letters and stuff. They must, by now, be used to their customers demanding precision, but still can't/won't deliver. It's not like the Strome jersey is from some obscure third tier league in the Eastern Block. It's freakin' TEAM CANADA! That font must be available, or someone can easily make a template. Never doing EPS.

No matter how polite you are, Josh seems to get pissy. They forgot to put an A on one of my jerseys, and I politely (more like Arse kissing, which I despise doing) let him know, and asked if they could send me one. He did the whole "you have to tell us these things, you never mentioned an A etc etc". I copy pasted my original email which specifically said "w/ A". I never heard back, but received the A however many weeks later.

I don't like the way they treat their customers, no matter how small an order may be. I have however had more good experiences than bad when it comes to having jerseys properly customized. So it's more than likely I'll go back for certain styles. You just have to be insanely specific. Although, sending pictures of a gamer can't get any more fu*king specific. Customizers need to figure it out, I swear they just toss the reference pics to the side the majority of the time.

Good for you, I'm glad it worked out.

Don from MLL did an amazing job for me on my Callahan authentic. Based on the OP I would probably never work with EPS.

IMG_3894.jpg

That's just terrible. Every letter but the T is off.

Don from MLL did an amazing job for me on my Callahan authentic. Based on the OP I would probably never work with EPS.

Screwed up two of my jerseys. My Dallas jersey was COMPLETELY wrong, and all he did to rectify the situation was strip the nameplate off and charge me for full customization. I sent gamer photos.

That's just terrible. Every letter but the T is off.

We're EPS. We do Ts real, real good.

At EPS, we're committed to doing your jersey pretty close sometimes, and always really nailing the Ts.

It's our "special-T"

It's funny- EPS did a great job on some of my jerseys and a very good, albeit not 100% accurate job on another....and there always seems to be a group of people who have good things to say about a customizer and others who don't.

Where is the consistency in this world?????????? We can play Mortal Kombat with people in Vietnam!!! Can't we copy letters accurately????

I personally only dealt with Josh once, and that was for memorial armbands and a sleeve memorial number for a Yankees jersey. He was actually surprisingly nice when I called, I guess it just depends on the day of the week. I've seen a lot of people on here talk about what a toolbox he is.

This was my second time ordering a kit from Josh. I'd still buy from him in the future. He made right by me. He said the plate should be here early next week. He was very nice both times.

I think some people take for granted how hard it is to actually get everything accurate especially if its not something you've ever done before or didn't create. I've tried most of the customization companies out there and most of them are really just terrible. Most companies won't even take on stuff they don't do on a regular basis. I would bet if you send the same jersey and spec sheet to 10 different places, youll get back 10 different looks with varying degrees of accuracy.

Every place has their pros and cons but for me EPS is the best overall - especially for older and unqiue stuff. I prefer to go to the team customizer whenever possible but even places like Cutting Edge do crap work on the team's jerseys they actually do. I've had Hershey Bears jerseys come back with crinkled up nameplates and Panthers jerseys with the name completely crooked. Never something sloppy like this from EPS on 40+ jerseys. They did forget an "A" once for me though and have had a few inaccuracieson fonts but I feel I could've done a better job making them aware ahead of time.

I also think sending pictures in isn't really enough. When I sent unique stuff to any customizer, I'll point out every detail about a letter, number or placement I think they could miss by just checking the picture.

I agree with Brandon. When I go to Stitches NY, they are perfect for current Isles stuff and I really do not need to let them know they should do a straight stitch on the nameplate or have rounded numbers because they know what they are doing. But I would never ask Stitches to do a different team's jersey. EPS does a pretty good job. I didn't know about the M until I looked at the gamer picture myself, otherwise I would never have known.

Yeah Stitches did 10/10 work on my 3 Edge 2.0 Isles jerseys, they are great and super quick. But do you think I'd have even considered them for my Sandow Isles jersey? No chance. I sent like 15 pictures and a whole page report on what to do with that thing to EPS and like $60 and few months later I've got a gem on my hands.

Brandon, you nailed it. A big part of getting things right is sending the jersey to the most appropriate customizer for that particular jersey, and that takes some experience and often some research to determine. I also try to pay a lot of attention to the posts here in New Arrivals so I can learn who does what well. And yes, very often just sending in a photo is not enough. On a Rangers jersey I recently got back, I sent in a detailed 2 page spec sheet, and the jersey came back much better than an identical jersey I had sent to them over a year ago. If I hadn't done that, I am sure the jersey would have been done exactly the same as before. You have to put in a lot of work in explaining what you want, because customizers don't spend all day looking at gamer photos of every team in every sport; they need some guidance. To EPS's credit, Josh is willing to listen to what I want and he actually tries to deliver that.

Exactly Brandon.

I really appreciate Eric at Stitches. Probably one of the nicest people in the industry, but I wouldn't let them do anything they have not done.