My EPS experience

orangecrush8

Yeah last summer I had most of mine done in 3 weeks as well. I dont think they have any (or as many) gamers they do then so its quicker. Im preparing another big order to send in after the playoffs.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I sent my older Caps (2000-era) jerseys to them, they took about 3 months to get done, like everyone else. The funny thing is my communication with Josh - he said they didn't have the letters "designed" for one of the jerseys, so that was what was prolonging the process. Funny thing was, I sent three - Kolzig, Konowalchuk, and Oates...and the one they had problems with was Oates! That means that somewhere they lost the design for a "T", "E", and "S" in that font? Sounds suspicious, considering that those are extremely common letters. But I'm digressing.

Now, that said, I ordered about 4 kits from them this year for current Caps jerseys, and their turnaround was FAST - about 2-3 weeks total, which I'm still shocked over, especially since it was during the season (and the three above was over the summer). I wonder if the delay is simply in the sewing? Of course, the others were older and not current, but it's still interesting how much of a gap there was. Definitely going to be getting the kits from them and sending them on to Brilliant! from now on!

I have a few things I want to send to them, but I'm going to wait till the offseason. At this point, I know I wouldn't get anything back from them before the playoffs end, and I have enough stuff to wear for the next 2 months that it's not life or death. That, and I'm still not 100% sure who I want customized on a few of the jerseys I want to send to them, and I'm not sure I want to send my 1994 Eastern ASG jersey to them.

Yeah I have like 4-6 jerseys to send out just waiting till my other shipment comes in before I send again..Its Summer time here so I am in no rush to be wearing any.

But its funny I just send Josh an email about a jersey and said 6-8 weeks because it a special order...I dont care how long it takes as long as its perfect. I could wait months, its no big deal

I know I wouldn't get anything back from them before the playoffs end, and I have enough stuff to wear for the next 2 months that it's not life or death.

Why would you need two months of stuff to wear?.

I sent them a Fighting Sioux game issued to have done with # 9 Toews with the "A"...

Got it back in less then 3 weeks...

Joshua was really cool to deal with...very prompt with emails and was right on time with his time frame...

I've had my jerseys at EPS since Feb 15th. They started working on my jerseys last week but one had to be stripped so that took awhile. My wait will probably be 8 weeks but I'm in no rush. Depending how they look when they comeback, will determine if I use them again. So far Josh has been really good to work with. He contacted me about what material I wanted to use for my Black Capitals jerseys for the numbers since they used nylon fabric for the bronze color of the numbers back in 2001 and not twill.

I've only ordered kits from them to get sewn on myself (never sent a jersey to them), but Josh has always been great to work with and replied promptly to my emails. Each kit took ~3 weeks to get.

• 2 months later...

I just got a shipment of Ducks jerseys from EPS and I am disappointed. Each jersey's nameplates are crooked, one jersey had the wrong type of customization, and the number 8 on the back of my #8 Selanne 3rd jersey has the wrong type of font in spacing inside the number.

I just talked to EPS well Josh to be specific. Why does the guy act like such a ######? I had simple problems that were their mistakes and the guy acts like everything is my fault and that EPS can do no wrong. I am in my second year collecting and the guy acts if I am a newbie. I know as collectors we can be picky, but if there is a clear problem and stuff is legit when something is crooked and incorrect shouldn't someone just admit it and just fix it instead of getting their panties in a bunch. The guy acts like a drama queen when I just want my stuff fixed and that is it.

This is nothing new. I get that sort of response from him every time there is a problem, as well as any time I ask how long my order might take to complete.

They prefer the retail customers who just take what they get. What bugs me is when I send in pictures showing exactly what I want and they still get it wrong.

I found that I get a good response from Josh, but that was when I had a sizable order (20 jersey kits).

For smaller jobs of 5 or fewer jerseys/kits I'd say that going with a smaller customizer would be better.

Mistakes will happen with any customizer, just always try to be as specific as possible - regarding materials & sizes as well as provide as detailed examples for fonts & spacing.

I just had an order of three Caps jerseys that arrived in late April and I thought they all turned out really well despite all of them being jerseys from the 90's and early 2000's. I have heard problems with many customizers getting the Ducks jerseys wrong so I'm not surprised that EPS also got it wrong. I'm not sure why the current Ducks jerseys are so hard to get right.

Ducks Jerseys make me pull my hair out. Monkey is the only place that does them right that I've found. This applies to current Ducks ONLY. They have screwed up my Cup era jersey...but that was my own fault by not giving tyem proper direction.

I have a kiss cut Selanne with a SCF patch, not layered like it should be.

I'm always available if anyone needs measurements on Ducks Jerseys, as I have had all my currents customized by Monkey. Feel free to send a msg.

I just got a shipment of Ducks jerseys from EPS and I am disappointed. Each jersey's nameplates are crooked, one jersey had the wrong type of customization, and the number 8 on the back of my #8 Selanne 3rd jersey has the wrong type of font in spacing inside the number.

I just talked to EPS well Josh to be specific. Why does the guy act like such a ######? I had simple problems that were their mistakes and the guy acts like everything is my fault and that EPS can do no wrong. I am in my second year collecting and the guy acts if I am a newbie. I know as collectors we can be picky, but if there is a clear problem and stuff is legit when something is crooked and incorrect shouldn't someone just admit it and just fix it instead of getting their panties in a bunch. The guy acts like a drama queen when I just want my stuff fixed and that is it.

I feel your pain, I really do.

The only thing I can say is...

GAMERS.

Oh boy, Im always down for some EPS bashing!

Sadly orangeblitz, reading your experience doesn't surprise me in the least bit. Through my own expereince, Josh does not react well to criticism or complaints. It's almost as if he believes that they are doing you a favour by customizing your jerseys, even though you're paying good money to have them done.

When I had issues with the only jerseys I have ever sent to EPS, they did eventually fix everything free of charge, but not after some ridiculous comments made by Josh. My only advice to you is to be persistent yet respectful, no matter how hard it may be. As you're well aware, Josh does not handle criticism well. If you keep your cool, your chances of getting everything fixed will drastically increase.

And for others, before sending a jersey to EPS, I would seriously recommend that you know ahead of time that they can do your jersey(s) correctly. By that I mean you visually see a jersey customized, not just written confirmation from EPS. Before I sent in a couple of my Flyers jerseys, Josh ensured me that they can do everything 100% as worn on the ice. However, after I complained, he immediately admitted that they have had problems doing the current Flyers jerseys. Just goes to show you that they will do anything to get your business, even if it means lying.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had. I'm really surprised about the crooked nameplates- I have always been most impressed with the precision of the cutting and stitching on all the jerseys I've had done through EPS. They are still overall my go-to customizer, but I have learned that they just don't do certain teams' fonts accurately, so I just avoid them when doing jerseys like the Kings, Flyers, Leafs, etc. I think that this is true for any customizer, so I've just tried to pay attention to all the posts here about other people's experiences with different customizers, when figuring out where I should send a certain jersey.

• 2 months later...

I sent them a Fighting Sioux game issued to have done with # 9 Toews with the "A"...

Got it back in less then 3 weeks...

Joshua was really cool to deal with...very prompt with emails and was right on time with his time frame...

Which Fighting Sioux jersey did you send, Nike or Reebok? I have a blank Nike Authentic I want to send to them but I want to know how good their work is.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question. I'm supplying EPS with the nameplate material, so all they would be doing is stripping the existing nameplate, making up a new one (with my material) and then reapplying the plate.

They said $15 for the strip, $25 for the plate since I'm supplying the material (was originally priced $35) and I would be lucky if they got it back to me by the holidays.

Does this sound reasonable to you guys? I've only done full jersey customizations which have run me about $50 - $60 per jersey.

I think that's way overpriced. I however like to do most of the work myself. So if you're removing a plate, stripping the lettering, sending the plate to be customized again, and then reapplied, I would do all the stripping myself and only have them do the application. Still $25 for a few letters is also steep.

Any way you can just have them send you the letters, you strip the plate yourself and then sew the new letters on, or have someone local do it. It would save you a small fortune.

• 3 months later...

I just got my Canada kit from EPS...the "M" in the name is wrong (the middle of the M extends down to the bottom of the nameplate, when it should stop mid-letter, if you know what I mean). Would they fix it?

I just got my Canada kit from EPS...the "M" in the name is wrong (the middle of the M extends down to the bottom of the nameplate, when it should stop mid-letter, if you know what I mean). Would they fix it?

The key here is to be polite and not go in with a "you effed up my jersey and I need you to fix it" attitude. (Not that you would do that.) Hopefully you provided photos of what you wanted with the order so there's no doubt that they simply didn't reproduce it accurately, but even if you didn't, if you just provide those photos along with a polite request, I'm sure it will be no problem. If you just ordered a kit, it should be even less trouble than sending back a whole jersey to be redone. By coincidence, just yesterday I sent back a jersey to them for a redo, and Josh seemed perfectly fine with it. Just be respectful, and I'm sure there will be no problem.

Just out of curiosity, what year jersey was your Thrashers?