My EPS experience

orangecrush8

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end EPS is a business and when you send in a jersey or ask for a kit to be made all they will do is open up their font package for the kit in question and make it off that. They will not sit there and make sure everything matches 100% on every jersey because they do thousands and don't have the time for that.

Can we see a close up pic of the nameplate they send you.

Was a 2.0 blue one

I was just asking because if it's 2009-11, then it's supposed to be kiss-cut.

to eps's credit... I recently sent them back an 89-90 mcsorley kings ( which I will post up tomorrow) they did for me and put the small "c" low rather than high like it should be....I merely included a little note explaining what was wrong and what I wanted done and I had it back in two weeks no questions asked. I realize this is an easily overlooked detail and I should have been more specific in my details when originally sending it.

then its probably right, oilers isn't supposed to be though

I thought it might make you feel a little better about the Thrashers jersey. We discussed that topic a while ago here:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=5008

to eps's credit... I recently sent them back an 89-90 mcsorley kings ( which I will post up tomorrow) they did for me and put the small "c" low rather than high like it should be....I merely included a little note explaining what was wrong and what I wanted done and I had it back in two weeks no questions asked. I realize this is an easily overlooked detail and I should have been more specific in my details when originally sending it.

They've done the same thing to me even when I DID send pictures.

I've had my share of issues with EPS so the last 4 years I've been exclusively doing business with Triple Threat Sports and had no problems. In that time I've had I think 2 come back incorrect and both were fixed without me ever feeling like a jackass. We might be small fish, but over time we add up. Since making the switch I have probably done about $5000+ in business with TTS not including folks I've referred to them. I've also gotten TTS to do jerseys for a house league I'm in which averages about $2000 per time (probably would have asked EPS to do them if I stuck with them). So yes, our one or two jerseys at a time might be small, but looking at the entire picture it has cost EPS somewhere around $10,000 in business over time.

Can we see a close up pic of the nameplate they send you.

I'll add a picture tomorrow morning..but it is definitely good Swift material.

Like I said, based on what you guys said about Josh, I was expecting him to rip to me shreds. He was very polite and willing to help. He corrected the error. That's all I wanted.

I've read a lot of criticism about EPS on here, and I have sent them more jerseys than many of you probably own. Seriously, I'd send them 30-50 at a time on occasion and I can't think of three of them I have not been happy with out of several hundred, and I'm talking some really obscure and weird stuff too. Tackla 1990's block fonts with hollow drop shadows, 1980's Soviet Union jerseys with felt numbers in a font I've never seen before or since, those weird Slovakia number fonts from the 1990's.

The kind of stuff where the #12 is centered properly on the arm striped based on the width of the two numbers combined, not the space in-between them since the 1 is narrower than the 2, and I can promise you my results are based on the fact I over communicate every single detail that matters to me, no matter how obvious it seems. They follow directions like you can't believe, as long as you tell them. They can't read your mind you know.

Are they 100% perfect? No, but my 99% rate shows they are a hell of a lot better than you guys make them out to seem or could ever, ever hope to do yourselves pleasing customers as picky as you guys are.

Jeff, I'm fine with errors as long as they can get corrected. My beef came from the way I was treated when the errors happened. Like you, I would send in photos with every jersey that is almost identical to the template you use (in fact I've changed it since seeing yours to match it since it was better). When I call in about an error made I expect it to be fixed, not just given some ho hum whatever blow off response or worst get treated like it's my fault they made the error, and I also expect it to be fixed in a reasonable time. I never expect any company to be 100%, errors are going to happen, it's how you handle the errors is what matters to me. In my case I had 2 EPS errors and they were both horrible experiences trying to get resolved and out of the hundreds of jerseys they did for me over time that was enough for me to search elsewhere. TTS I've probably had 3 or 4 errors, one jersey they asked if I could stick around for a bit and right on the spot they ripped off the nameplate and made up a new one. I think it helps that the owner of TTS is very passionate about the hobby. I've said many times you're dealing with somebody who is a collector himself instead of a guy who is just a business man.

I've read a lot of criticism about EPS on here, and I have sent them more jerseys than many of you probably own. Seriously, I'd send them 30-50 at a time on occasion and I can't think of three of them I have not been happy with out of several hundred, and I'm talking some really obscure and weird stuff too. Tackla 1990's block fonts with hollow drop shadows, 1980's Soviet Union jerseys with felt numbers in a font I've never seen before or since, those weird Slovakia number fonts from the 1990's.

The kind of stuff where the #12 is centered properly on the arm striped based on the width of the two numbers combined, not the space in-between them since the 1 is narrower than the 2, and I can promise you my results are based on the fact I over communicate every single detail that matters to me, no matter how obvious it seems. They follow directions like you can't believe, as long as you tell them. They can't read your mind you know.

Are they 100% perfect? No, but my 99% rate shows they are a hell of a lot better than you guys make them out to seem or could ever, ever hope to do yourselves pleasing customers as picky as you guys are.

Iv tried not to comment in this thread since I started it way back, but I have to now.

Congrats on your 99% rate, but in case you havent noticed, they have been many issues from this place so honestly your rate doesn't make up for the problems that have been expressed in this thread

My main beef, much like MountainKing previously posted, is their "attempt" at customer service. Its quite obvious that I wasn't the only one to experience their "make it the customer's fault" mentality when an issue arose. I wasn't a when I emailed EPS after they screwed up two of my jerseys, but the response I received was less than satisfactory. And again much like MountainKing posted, it took far too much effort to get EPS to finally agree to fix the jerseys.

This isn't a random occurrence- there is a reason this thread is still alive almost 2 years after it was first started.

Honestly, a ton of people here are satisfied with their results, and good for them. But don't attempt to discredit everyone's issues based on being "picky".

From Jeff

"Are they 100% perfect? No, but my 99% rate shows they are a hell of a lot better than you guys make them out to seem or could ever, ever hope to do yourselves pleasing customers as picky as you guys are."

I laughed my arse off when I read this.

I am also very happy for you that you have had great success with EPS, but for me they have been a complete joke.

I have sent in pictures of gamers, virtual blueprints on what the fonts should look like, what size they should be and spacing.

Yet not one Kings jersey I have sent them has even been remotely correct. Worse is the response you get when you attempt to get the jerseys corrected.

Jeff, I Have seen some of your Kings jerseys when photobucket was around and I have to tell you they were incorrectly customized.

If EPS did those jerseys for you then maybe your eye on detail isn't as good as it should be, at least for Kings jerseys.

I am not trying to pick on you Jeff and maybe you are the lucky one, but there IS a reason this thread exists.

• 1 month later...

Alright, I have been going back and forth with myself about sending stuff to EPS for some time now, and I'm finally about to make a move and send in a big order (15 or so jerseys). My problem is deciding what I'm comfortable with giving them, and what I wouldn't trust them to customize. I already know I am sending 3 All Star jerseys from last year, as well as two Winter Classics. The rest are a toss up, and I'm hoping to get some feedback from you guys as to whether or not you would trust them to do work on the following jerseys.

1996 home and away USA (WCOH)

1998 home and away USA (Olympics)

2002 home and away USA (Olympics)

2004 home and away Sweden (WCOH)

Reebok Rangers jerseys (Blue and Liberty)

Non hockey related:

Mercury Mets

2001 All Star Game

1998 All Star Game

I'm really struggling to reach that discount limit here. He quoted me for 15 or 20, but not 10.

I know that Jeff uses EPS extensively, so I normally check his collection to see if he has had them do up something like what I'm looking for.

I'm almost certain he's gotten all of those WCoH or Olympic styles in his collection, but unfortunately due to the webshots debacle it doesn't look like his collection is online anymore. Hopefully he reads this.

As for the Rangers Reebok Liberty jerseys, just make sure you have them use the larger sleeve numbers. Even though the Liberty style was retired when the Edge jerseys came out, all of my Rangers sleeve numbers came in the smaller size from EPS in my last order. Josh did correct the issue promptly and free of charge.

I always send pictures of exactly what I want. Of both. Name, numbers on the back and sleeve numbers. I also send josh my list before I send so that their wont be any confusion on what I am looking for and expect such as kiss cut, stacked, name plate or not and font used. I do this so their is no problems or if he has any questions he can ask ( which he did with this order I have there now). I hope this helps

The measurements are tough if you don't have a gamer to go off of. I think I had Jay measure his Liberty gamer for me, I'll look back and see what he sent me.

Even without measurements you should have a spec sheet just so both you and Josh know exactly what you expect.

Here's a snippet of what I sent him last time:

2liyetw.png

Here's two spec sheets that Jeff had posted in the past for reference (since I stole the idea from him):

TampaLecavalier99-00Paintbrush.jpgIslandersFerraro.jpg

Some quick Google searches should get you the images. Heck they don't even have to be gamers if you find another customized authentic you think is exactly what you want.

I always send pictures of exactly what I want. Of both. Name, numbers on the back and sleeve numbers. I also send josh my list before I send so that their wont be any confusion on what I am looking for and expect such as kiss cut, stacked, name plate or not and font used. I do this so their is no problems or if he has any questions he can ask ( which he did with this order I have there now). I hope this helps

Didn't they screw up your Oilers? They did kiss-cut instead of stacked?

Didn't they screw up your Oilers? They did kiss-cut instead of stacked?

I know this wasn't pointed to me, but I just wanted to add this is why I always send a spec sheet. I don't expect Josh to know if something should be kiss-cut or not. If you clearly state what you're expecting, then if there is a problem Josh in my experience will make it right. If you aren't specific then you're kinda stuck with what you get.

*sigh* I am in need of some serious assistance. I have reference pictures for the 2012 ASG jerseys and the Winter Classic jerseys, but nothing else yet.

Lazy. :P Seriously you don't have to find multiple pictures of the exact jersey you've having done, you just want something that visually displays what you're expecting to get back. In my example above I found an Amonte gamer that was the wrong color, but it still showed what the font/number should look like.

Like for the Reebok Liberty, I'm sure you could find tons of examples - just maybe not that exact gamer. Find one with a similar name to display the font, or one with the same name but a different player so you can show what you expect the numbers to look like.

In the end if you don't send a spec sheet, you're basically telling Josh to just do what he thinks is best which may work out more often than not - but it's the times it doesn't work out when you'll be upset you didn't let him know exactly what you are expecting.

Well I took the picture of your 1998 Richter, but I want to put him on the dark jersey, and Leetch on the white. I also took your 2002 picture as well, but I have 2 whites so I'm doing a set of Richters and a white Leetch. It really sucks that Jeffs webshots went down because a lot of his pictures were the first things to pop up when I do Google Image searches and I can't get at the big pictures to save them.