My EPS experience

orangecrush8

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As some of you may recall, I did a write-up on EPS re - the work they did on my Cochrane - Neely project

http://forums.icejer...h=1

Despite taking a month and a half, I was happy with the overall result.

I sent in another order after that one, and was happy to have 2 jerseys customized in approx. 1 months time :)

But my most recent order, wich arrived at EPS on Dec 2nd, still hasn't returned :(

Details -

Order sent in late November, and arrived at EPS on Dec 2nd.

Requested update from Josh Jan 11th, and he said "1 jersey is complete, the other is in the works".

Requested another update Feb 7th on the one that was 'in the works'; Josh states he hasn't had time to check my order, but that special orders in general haven't been touched in approx. 4 weeks, and that I can expect another 2-4 weeks.

I just requested another update yesterday and this is the response I got from Josh -

"I'll get them out by the end of the week, your last jersey is just waiting to go to sewing. Also, you sent these orders at our busiest time of year. If you want a better turn around we are usually slower from the end of February until August. However, that is not a guarantee, I am constantly trying to gain more business. Long story short, I like doing these "oddball" jerseys, but there is no way to support a business on them and there is no way to make them go through production quickly. The owner or I have to do all specialty jerseys ourselves, therefore we work on them as we can. In order to support a domestic manufacturing facility located in the 1st world I have to take on larger accounts to keep the doors open, and sometimes they send massive volumes of work that "bury" me. I will be happy to continue working on your specialty items, but I will never be able to turn them quickly unless they are current jersey."

I suppose it's a bit of a balancing act - I'm tired of waiting (over 3 months), but I can appreciate where Josh is coming from.

My experiences: Good at customizing older stuff with no problems, but long wait times.

I think the good thing for me at least is that as a Rangers fan I know that Brilliant can do pretty much anything I want in that regard. As for anything else, such as the Starter Avs jersey I just bought off of E-Bay, I'm in no rush to wear it, so I wouldn't necessarily mind the turnaround time. As long as the work is going to be good then that's fine by me, and I probably wouldn't wear my jerseys that often if at all during the offseason.

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

rob77ta, on 05 March 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

The gamer thing was only a joke. I'm becoming a Rangers fan!

That leads to more headaches!

This from an Isles fan? :D

Got my Forsberg Avs back from EPS yesterday, and it looks amazing! Took about 6 weeks, but Josh said doing the jerseys for the NHL All Star Game this year held them up a bit on other orders. I posted pics in "It Arrived Today" http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2792&st=2620&gopid=53306&

Nice Avs; EPS does do quality work. Did you get an email with a shipping notice or did it just show up at your door?

Nice Avs; EPS does do quality work. Did you get an email with a shipping notice or did it just show up at your door?

They will send you a notice that will contain the UPS tracking #.

They will send you a notice that will contain the UPS tracking #.

Correct-I received an email from them Monday with the UPS tracking #, and it arrived Wednesday :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Received 6 jerseys back today and only one mistake, the "A" on a Flyers WC jersey was incorrect.

This after I provided a pic of a gamer and circled the "A" to call attention to it "look, make sure you do this style letter"

I don't think I'm going to get it fixed, but wanted it to be noted on the record.

Received 6 jerseys back today and only one mistake, the "A" on a Flyers WC jersey was incorrect.

This after I provided a pic of a gamer and circled the "A" to call attention to it "look, make sure you do this style letter"

I don't think I'm going to get it fixed, but wanted it to be noted on the record.

Do you have pics of the Flyers WC? I would like to see if they changed anything after I complained about mine being wrong

I wouldn't say anything about it, you will find a one way ticket to Josh's shitlist as I've found out. :lol:

I told him about a problem before, as long as your argument is infallible and you don't come off as accusing, he'll listen. I've shared a few gripes with Josh and he still talks to me. If my jerseys come back smelling like pee, I am incorrect.

seems as though people have mixed experiences dealing with Josh - and mine is the same as JohnnyOnTheSpot's - I approached my issue with him as nicely as I could - I know how big and busy they are, and I'm a little fish in comparison, so I wasn't expecting priority. They agreed to fix my issue without any complaints at all, I'm perfectly happy. I'm sure others will have varying experiences though!

Josh is very hit or miss.I wanted to get my USA World Cup done with the Patch and it goes on the arm right above the #s and he said i could provide a picture but he said he'd put it where it looks best(on right chest)no matter if i provided a picture.

Josh is very hit or miss.I wanted to get my USA World Cup done with the Patch and it goes on the arm right above the #s and he said i could provide a picture but he said he'd put it where it looks best(on right chest)no matter if i provided a picture.

So you pay him your money, tell him what you want, and he'll do what he feels like? WTF?

Friend of mine who posts at jerseycentral got this jersey back from EPS, and since he had one of those RBK prototypes fromt he lockout season it had the old NHL shield so he sent the new one in to be sewn over the the old one. This is what he got back:

neck.jpg

Needless to say he asked to have the thing fixed. Let's just say the responses he got back were more appropriate for last Friday than today. :lol: :facepalm:

that's messed up, A. your paying him to put it where it accurately goes. B. I have talked with him about accuracy and he's stated how they will do research and make sure things are correct... but apparently not. C. I had my 96 World Cup jersey patch moved from the wrong shoulder, over to the correct shoulder and he never questioned it, he stood with me while I placed where I wanted it and he went back and sewed it down for me.

So you pay him your money, tell him what you want, and he'll do what he feels like? WTF?

Yeah, I definitely won't be sending any of my jerseys to EPS.

Yeesh, I just realized where that NHL emblem was placed.

Call me captain obvious here, but it might just be easier to fork over the extra cash to (insert team here)'s official letterer to get the right customization with no worries. I just wish we didn't have to jump through so many d-mn hoops to get good customization on our jerseys. (I didn't know this board had such strict language filters. :unsure: )