The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

After some emailing with the person who handles the gamers for the Wild, he told me that starting last season (2010-2011), players on the team weren't given a choice between 1.0 and 2.0. They were just given 2.0s. I wonder if that's the case for other teams.

Also, what are sizes 54 and 56 2.0 comparable to?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you talk to Dan?

Yes I have been.

The only problem I'm running into is sizing. I'm not familiar with Edge sizing and am a smaller guy. The only Game Issued jerseys available in the styles I'd want are 56. So I'd likely have to strip a gamer to get a smaller size :unsure:

After some emailing with the person who handles the gamers for the Wild, he told me that starting last season (2010-2011), players on the team weren't given a choice between 1.0 and 2.0. They were just given 2.0s. I wonder if that's the case for other teams.

No, there are still a few individuals who wear the 1.0 even though their teammates use the 2.0. The entire Oilers team still uses the 1.0's.

Perhaps the Wild management just decided to exclusively use 2.0s the same way the Oilers exclusively use 1.0s still.

I doubt very seriously that they could or would sell you a Jersey.

Why jeopardize their contract with the teams they service.

The Jerseys also belong to the team.

There are plenty of other outlets to get team issued/game worn Jerseys, trying to buy one from the lettering company is not one of them.

Would MGG sell them since they have a contract with the team? I know that the Team LA store doesn't have any and I asked every worker and they said that they will not be selling any 2.0's or Indo 2.0's. One worker told me to buy one from DHGate. The funny thing is that he was convinced that the jerseys from China are real.

meigray will probably sell game issues for $2-300 at the end of the year

I hope so because I can't wait to get my hands on a few of them.

I know for a fact that Green and Halpern on the Capitals still wear 1.0s after corresponding with Meigray on their gameworns, the rest of the team wears 2.0s. I assume most teams give the player the choice.

^So jealous of peoples access to connections, though they didn't come through. Sighhhhhhh haha

Can you imagine having a contact with in Reebok and being able to buy a 2.0 for any team directly from the source? Man, that would be incredible.

The premade custom authentics from Nike are $250 right now... which is the same as they were with Reebok.

Looks like Nike will be just as bad as Reebok with regard to offering a "what the players actually wear" retail product.

The NFL "elite" (authentic) jersey only has the Nike swoosh logo on the left arm. The actual game jerseys have the swoosh on both the left arm and the right arm (reversed). Also, the swoosh logo is screen-printed on the Elite. It is an embroidered patch (think Vector and wordmark patches on the Edge 2.0 gamers) on the actual game jerseys.

To follow up - I went to Chicago yesterday so naturally I stopped by the Hawks store to try on a variety of jerseys again. The Indo-Edge jerseys fit differently than the 1.0 that I have. I will definitely a size 50 if Reebok ever decides to sell the 2.0s for retail. Let's hope for that day!

Hey, I ordered an Authentic Road jersey from the Blackhawks Store yesterday. Based on your recent trip am I likely to get a 2.0 or an Indo-Edge?

Perhaps the Wild management just decided to exclusively use 2.0s the same way the Oilers exclusively use 1.0s still.

That seems to be the case.

meigray will probably sell game issues for $2-300 at the end of the year

What teams are usually available?

Can anybody tell me what's comparable to sizes 54 and 56 in a 2.0?

What teams are usually available?

MeiGray sells team issue jerseys for teams in the MGG Program which are currently: Boston, Colorado, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Washington.

They used to handle jerseys for a number of other teams (Rangers, Islanders, Senators, Stars) but the program has unfortunately shrunk in recent years.

Can you imagine having a contact with in Reebok and being able to buy a 2.0 for any team directly from the source? Man, that would be incredible.

Well, if dental school doesn't work out, I'll be applying for a job at Reebok haha

Ive confirmed they wont have GI Nashville jerseys this year either

yeah I don't believe they even were any extra Nashville game issued jerseys this year at all. I was told that the jersey were kept with the teams customizer and only customized and sent to the team as needed.

Has anyone stripped an edge 2.0? What did you use to get the glue off the edge material on the back? I'm thinking of goof off based on what I read on the jersey cleaning thread, but I've also read removing glue on edge with goof off will ruin it.

I'm interested in hearing anyones trials and tribulations. Thanks

Has anyone stripped an edge 2.0? What did you use to get the glue off the edge material on the back? I'm thinking of goof off based on what I read on the jersey cleaning thread, but I've also read removing glue on edge with goof off will ruin it.

I'm interested in hearing anyones trials and tribulations. Thanks

I've used goof off and goo gone on a black Edge 2.0 jersey. It definitely helped to remove staining left behind from the numbers, but wasn't perfect. After many attempts to clean the jersey in various ways, I finally just sent it to get customized despite not being perfect because I had given up on making it 100% clean. When it returned, it appeared to be void of all stains. I have no idea what they did there (nor did I ask them to do anything), but it seemed to work! I had no issues with discoloration or anything like that, but your mileage may vary.

See below post for pictures.

Original condition:

ottt1.jpg

QYeO8.jpg

After Goof Off/Goo Gone/Steaming/Washing many times. You can still see some faint outline, but it was good enough for me. When it came back from being customized, I couldn't even find the faint outline:

55M0f.jpg

I've used goof off and goo gone on a black Edge 2.0 jersey. It definitely helped to remove staining left behind from the numbers, but wasn't perfect. After many attempts to clean the jersey in various ways, I finally just sent it to get customized despite not being perfect because I had given up on making it 100% clean. When it returned, it appeared to be void of all stains. I have no idea what they did there (nor did I ask them to do anything), but it seemed to work! I had no issues with discoloration or anything like that, but your mileage may vary.

I just striped my 1.0 black Kings Frolov that I had and I couldn't get the glue off too. I gave it to BobCats and they said that they will clean it up, I hope it comes out okay.

Well, if dental school doesn't work out, I'll be applying for a job at Reebok haha

You must be a sadist - being a dentist you'd cause individual patients pain, but working for Reebok you'd cause jersey collectors everywhere pain. :P