The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

. Now I'm seriously debating about getting one especially if I can remove the 'Reebok' tag and sew on a vector patch. Anyone done this yet?

Yup. Don't do it. Get a piece of red airknit and cover it up. DO NOT REMOVE THE VECTOR! Its glued on pretty strong. I ended up scorching my jersey a little bit (easy to cover with airknit though)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's talking about going the other way. Removing the wordmark for the vector. I imagine it can be done but it's really tough to get those lousy vectors off without them fraying like crazy and just looking terrible.

He's talking about going the other way. Removing the wordmark for the vector. I imagine it can be done but it's really tough to get those lousy vectors off without them fraying like crazy and just looking terrible.

Gotcha. I am beyond exhausted and have been doing an Excel lab for the past 40 minutes--I can't believe I am able to form a sentence. Still, I would not recommend taking the Vector off. I'd imagine the Wordmark would be easier to remove.

Edit: The sad thing is, as poorly as I misread that, that wasn't the stupidest thing I have done today...I tried locking my house door with my car key. I stood at my door for a good 30 seconds trying to lock it with my car key before I realized. :blush:

Edited by NYIJM29

Wait, so the Rbk EDGE 7231 jerseys are the outsourced Indo-edges?

yeah.... 7231 is Indo Edge. 7187, 1.0 and 7287 is 2.0

!#@!$@#$@#$@#$

I almost bought one on Ebay thinking it was the deal.

One more quick question. I haven't found the corresponding information in a thread anywhere. When I'm getting a jersey customized - let's say a 1.0 - Penguins jerseys have a nameplate made of the same jersey material? What type of numbers and lettering are used? Any information will prove useful. Finally decided to get into NHL jerseys after watching AHL/NHL for 12+ years.

Are you from around Pittsburgh? If so, just go to House O Hockey in Monroeville. Ask them for the authentic lettering kit that the team gets and you will be hooked up with the right stuff. If you don't ask for the same kit the team uses then you might get the kit that isn't true to Penguins on-ice customizations. See pictures below of the Crosby that I had them customize for me a few years ago. Beautiful work:

IMG_7696.jpg

IMG_7693.jpg

IMG_7698.jpg

Do you know who distributes the Penguins' excess jerseys, or do you know of someone who knows who distributes the excess jerseys? haha

A guy named Joe Tomon (http://www.jjdistributing.biz/) has an agreement with the team to buy all game-worn and team-issued jerseys from the Pens at intervals throughout the season. Good luck, because they aren't cheap, even for non-star players/AHLers. You'll probably not find a 46 either.

Are you from around Pittsburgh? If so, just go to House O Hockey in Monroeville. Ask them for the authentic lettering kit that the team gets and you will be hooked up with the right stuff. If you don't ask for the same kit the team uses then you might get the kit that isn't true to Penguins on-ice customizations. See pictures below of the Crosby that I had them customize for me a few years ago. Beautiful work:

A guy named Joe Tomon (http://www.jjdistributing.biz/) has an agreement with the team to buy all game-worn and team-issued jerseys from the Pens at intervals throughout the season. Good luck, because they aren't cheap, even for non-star players/AHLers. You'll probably not find a 46 either.

According to what he told me in an email a little while ago, the Penguins don't distribute unused blanks like most teams.

Yes, I should have been more clear. You will hardly find any blanks. Joe has had a few on his site before, but they might have been practice jerseys...I don't recall.

Can confirm this. I have seen a VERY limited amount of Pens blanks on Joe's site. Most of them in fact are/were practice jerseys.

Yeah, I'm not sure. I tried on a 50 first at the Blackhawks team store (just to get sizes), and the shoulders were so big and the sleeves were so long. 46 fit perfectly. Once I received my Malkin 46 that I showed on the previous page, it fit perfectly and fit pretty nicely with a hoodie underneath. Really can't explain it.

To follow up - I went to Chicago yesterday so naturally I stopped by the Hawks store to try on a variety of jerseys again. The Indo-Edge jerseys fit differently than the 1.0 that I have. I will definitely a size 50 if Reebok ever decides to sell the 2.0s for retail. Let's hope for that day!

To follow up - I went to Chicago yesterday so naturally I stopped by the Hawks store to try on a variety of jerseys again. The Indo-Edge jerseys fit differently than the 1.0 that I have. I will definitely a size 50 if Reebok ever decides to sell the 2.0s for retail. Let's hope for that day!

Based on your height and weight, I would think you'd be OK with a 2.0 50. But I'm still mystified as to why the 50 you tried on before was too big. Except for the sleeve length, which is shorter, a 2.0 has more room in the chest and arms than a 1.0. Also I still can't figure out how you can even fit in a 46 1.0.

I've noticed on Shop.nhl that the inventory of Indo edges is getting smaller. They don't seen to be restocking sizes. Hopefully it's a good sign for Canadian 1.0 or 2.0's next season. what do you think? Has anyone heard anything new?

1.0s would be an obvious improvement on the Indos, but it's still not what the players wear. Only thing that would really fix all of this Reebok bullsh*t is retailing 2.0s.

I think the word is they are having production issues in Indonesia which is why most retailers have not stocked any. I think some have said they are not getting any until the start of next season. I wouldn't hold your breathe for 2.0's though. If Reebok was going to sell them they would already would be doing it.

Based on your height and weight, I would think you'd be OK with a 2.0 50. But I'm still mystified as to why the 50 you tried on before was too big. Except for the sleeve length, which is shorter, a 2.0 has more room in the chest and arms than a 1.0. Also I still can't figure out how you can even fit in a 46 1.0.

Yeah, I think when I tried on jerseys on my previous visit, I'm pretty sure I tried on 1.0s. I'm pretty sure they had the vector mark. Yeah, the 46 I have fits perfectly. Just enough room for me to be comfortable, the jersey goes down/covers my bottom, and the sleeves aren't short until my arms are raised directly over my head (like every other long sleeve shirt I own). Maybe it's just the cut of this specific 46, but hey I'll take it. As for the first 50 I tried on about a month ago, it was huge in the shoulders. Not sure if a 1.0 runs bigger in the shoulders or not, but maybe it was also that that specific jersey was just cut differently. The Indo-Edge 50 fit much more comfortably than that other 50 I tried on a month ago or so. Weird.

I think the word is they are having production issues in Indonesia which is why most retailers have not stocked any. I think some have said they are not getting any until the start of next season. I wouldn't hold your breathe for 2.0's though. If Reebok was going to sell them they would already would be doing it.

I just hope 1.0's come back at the very least.

I fit in a 46 very nicely although it depends on the cut. My home NYR jersey is a 1.0 and is 27 inches long from back collar to bottom and the road one I just picked up is like 32 inches long. The sleeves are longer on that one as well.

I prefer the shorter jersey.

For the life of me I can't find a Rangers 2.0 in a size 54. Any of you pros have any tips for me?

Thanks in advance.

For the life of me I can't find a Rangers 2.0 in a size 54. Any of you pros have any tips for me?

Thanks in advance.

Rangers 2.0s are incredibly hard to find period. Aside from game worn jerseys, the only blanks I know of were a handful of team issue jerseys sold by MeiGray after the lost the rights to the Rangers game worn jerseys to Steiner. Even then most of the blank team issue Edge jerseys MeiGray had were 1.0s.

I have contacted Steiner about any old team issue 2.0s with the vector and was told none were available. They were probably cut up to make wallets or coasters -_-

Rangers 2.0s are incredibly hard to find period. Aside from game worn jerseys, the only blanks I know of were a handful of team issue jerseys sold by MeiGray after the lost the rights to the Rangers game worn jerseys to Steiner. Even then most of the blank team issue Edge jerseys MeiGray had were 1.0s.

I have contacted Steiner about any old team issue 2.0s with the vector and was told none were available. They were probably cut up to make wallets or coasters -_-

WTF? I have never seen a sadder sight than game worn coasters. :(

Somebody needs to get a hold of Steiner and tell them to give their bloody heads a shake. Cutting up gamers for coasters and wallets makes me want to puke all over my keyboard. Disgusting.

Ugh thanks very much for the info. Appreciate it!

What are the opinions on being able to buy a 1.0/2.0 right now? I have possibly found a supplier for a Canadiens Size 50 Edge 1 for $300 or lower. Is it wise to buy the quality jerseys right now? What if Reebok starts making legit jerseys again next season? I guess the question is: is the risk greater that the indo-edges continue or for reebok to produce 2.0's for retailers once again?

Aside from this seller, I have not yet found a sz 50 Edge 1. For my short time being obsessed with jerseys, I have never found a 2.0.

Hockeytron.com has white Habs 1.0 in size 50 for $199, and red in 46 or 52, same price.