The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has been covered yet, but I just noticed a difference between the Edge 2.0 Vector version from prior seasons and the 2.0 Word Mark version from this season. The piece of fabric that lines the inside of the back of the neck is just a little different this season.

Last season's,and prior, versions of the 2.0s had a vector and RBK text over and over.

Edge20VectorNeckDetail2.jpg

This season's version, with the word mark on the back of the neck, has "Reebok" spelled out over and over.

Edge20WordMarkNeckDetail.jpg

Just giving you guys a heads up. Stuff like this may help us spot a few fakes in the future.

Yep I got gameworn Flyers jerseys from 09-10 and 10-11 with the Reebok spelled out. I am almost positive that I have a 08-09 orange alternate with the Reebok spelled out as well.

If it is from 08-09, it should have the RBK/Vector neck tagging (I think).

Just checked. My 08-09 Coburn alt. Set 3 has reebok written out.

However, my 08-09 Alberts alt set 2 has rbk and vector.

I just had a good look at the new Leafs indo-edges and wow what pieces of garbage they are. They pretty much look exactly the same as premiers with a crappy fight strap added. The indo-edges don't even have the same back material the 1.0's and 2.0's have, it's the exact same stuff that's on the back of the premiers. All that for double the price of a premier LMFAO. I think everybody feels the same as me when I say F U Reebok and take your crappy jerseys with you.

Has anyone ordered an authentic from the NHL online store recently? I'm thinking about ordering a Sabres (only because I have a gift certificate from them), and the picture still shows the vector and country of origin is listed as Canada or the US (depending on which color you look at), so I'm wondering if they're selling the last of the 1.0s or if they pictures/origin are a lie. I tried emailing them to ask whether they were selling 7187 or 7231, and they basically said "we don't know, but we promise they're all highest quality." I don't think I believe that promise, so I figured I'd check and see if anyone here had checked it out already.

Has anyone ordered an authentic from the NHL online store recently? I'm thinking about ordering a Sabres (only because I have a gift certificate from them), and the picture still shows the vector and country of origin is listed as Canada or the US (depending on which color you look at), so I'm wondering if they're selling the last of the 1.0s or if they pictures/origin are a lie. I tried emailing them to ask whether they were selling 7187 or 7231, and they basically said "we don't know, but we promise they're all highest quality." I don't think I believe that promise, so I figured I'd check and see if anyone here had checked it out already.

I have a black ice jersey for Giroux I got last month, and it is the newest version with "Reebok" written out on the back. All I can offer....

I called them last week about a different issue, and the phone help is of NO help. I finally got my answer via emailing the same question.

Edited by ShipWreck

haha you should see my ongoing conversation with the NHL about where they make the new Predators jerseys, were on reply #5 with no resolution. its awesome. ill post when its finalized.

If ordering from the online store, GET IT BLANK, you lose your ability to return the jersey if you get it customized. Although, the country of origin argument is a pretty good one if you decide on a customized version.

Oh don't worry, I wouldn't order it customized from NHL.com. I got one as a gift that was done by them and it's just heat-pressed on. I don't know if it's accurate, since it's not a team I follow, but the fact that it's not stitched-on twill is enough to tell me never to order customizing from them. I may go ahead and order, since I see they're having a BOGO50% off today only, and I suppose I can return them later if they aren't what I want.

Yes, I saw that discount today. But, I already have a couple of jerseys from them and I ordered my Jagr one Sat - they couldn't do the nameplate like I wanted. There was a 20% discount last week, and I was gonna buy from the NHL store anyway with the discount.

This BOGO free deal is even better if there are 2 of something ya want.

Just a heads up to anybody who sees this on e-bay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-NY-ISLANDERS-home-and-away-jerseys-fight-straps-/110772351649?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item19ca8bf2a1

I purchased the blue jersey from the guy a few weeks ago and sent it back because it has marks on the back of it that look to be from an iron. I don't know what kind of condition the white one is in, but the blue one is garbage.

Just a heads up to anybody who sees this on e-bay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-NY-ISLANDERS-home-and-away-jerseys-fight-straps-/110772351649?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item19ca8bf2a1

I purchased the blue jersey from the guy a few weeks ago and sent it back because it has marks on the back of it that look to be from an iron. I don't know what kind of condition the white one is in, but the blue one is garbage.

Good heads up

I did screw up a baseball jersey a couple of years ago with an iron. I had sucessfully done it 2x before. Not the 3rd time...

Never again...

Edited by ShipWreck

I have a black ice jersey for Giroux I got last month, and it is the newest version with "Reebok" written out on the back. All I can offer....

I called them last week about a different issue, and the phone help is of NO help. I finally got my answer via emailing the same question.

Is the "REEBOK" a patch or is it directly sewn into the fabric of the jersey? If it's a patch, is the patch just heat pressed onto the jersey or is it sewn on?