The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

You can see who likes the page also by clicking the like this under how many people like the group. My feeling is that pages are more popular these days, and are more visible on profiles. It is up to you though as to how we move forward. I could get behind either.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the important thing is to do an excellent write up and post it everywhere, constantly. Like explain the differences and post it on every teams FB, NHL, etc. Make it visible.

You can even be an admin too, senor cranky pants ;)

Page is better: https://www.facebook.com/AntiIndoEdge

I stole a very unflattering Canucks picture posted earlier here, if I can't use it, someone yell at me. I don't have any other pics to use.

Dammit, you guys pick. I don't know what's better. You can "like" a page, but a group will always appear on your left side. You guys tell me.

I just joined. Since I spend WAY too much at the NHL Store between classes, when they do get the Indo-EDGE in I'll try to get as many pictures as I can and share them on the page. I'm all for this.

This guy has some 7231s for sale on the Bay

Honestly, that looks worse than fake. I know it's not, but I can't help but laugh. I was spreading the word to the hockey fans in my math class today. I'm gonna have to show people this thread and the FB page.

I just joined. Since I spend WAY too much at the NHL Store between classes, when they do get the Indo-EDGE in I'll try to get as many pictures as I can and share them on the page. I'm all for this.

Sounds good man. Again, let me know if anyone wants to be an admin and help out. And to anyone who is/will be an admin, if you want to write on the wall as yourself, go to edit page, your settings, and unclick posting preferences. To write on the wall as the group, just click "use facebook as page" or whatever.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/233026360092291

Here's the group. The group will be better for discussion, with the page being for harassing people.

whats wrong with the stripes?? do u have another photo to compare?

oooh you mean the arm stripes,, yeah the real jerseys the arm stripes are thinner,, the black!! yeeesh

129596100_slide.jpg

and here is the one on ebay,, FATTER black,, yuk..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rbk-EDGE-7231-Chicago-Blackhawks-AWAY-White-Jersey-52-/290622993767?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43aa7af567

also confirmed... indos do not have elbow stitching....

Hard to believe. They've found a way to make the nightshirts look even more unattractive.

Why would anyone buy a jersey with the striping so obviously wrong?

Wow. That's beyond belief. "Authentic" jerseys with basic details wrong? For over $200??

Pass...........

Ya i have a game worn Raiders jersey and Eagles and they are the same exact materials and fonts as the retail authentics. As Puckboy mentioned the one difference, even though small, is the vector logo on the sleeves and neck tagging.

You will note another sublte difference with your Eagles retail jersey. On the numbers, the silver/gray layer will be more of a silver color on your retail jersey. Compare that with an actual gamer on the MeiGray website. You will notice that the "silver" layer on the numbers is actually a pewter/dark gray color. On television this layer all but disappears into the black backrgound layer, giving the illusion of two-color (rather than three-color) numerals on the Eagles' jerseys.

One point I want to make is that the NHL isn't advertising these as on-ice version, but we still need to challenge the fact that Reebok is referring to them as authentic.

I think that challenge will fall flat. "Authentic" is being used simply to distinguish them from the china knock-offs. Think authentic = the real deal (i.e., Reebok manufactured). I think you guys are looking at a "cease and desist" letter coming from Reebok attorneys if you follow through with this. Especially, Stiches. This can turn into business defamation very easily. I would watch it. Word to the wise.

Can you cite an authority for the assertion that NHL game jerseys (i.e., Edge 2.0) are "hand made"--I doubt the sleeves are sewn to the body of jersey by one individual seamstress. I don't even think Majestic would do this for MLB game jerseys. It is too labor intensive and not cost-effective. Thanks.

I know two people who are/were reps for Reebok and they have been to the facility in Quebec and both have said that they are hand assembled there. While some of it may be automated, most of it is done piece-by-piece.

FYI: they are mocking the "movement" over at the UniWatch blog:

http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/10/27/theres-no-service-like-wire-service-vol-37/#comments

Mocking? I didn't see any mocking.

I think you're trying a little too hard to play Debbie Downer.

Mocking? I didn't see any mocking.

I think you're trying a little too hard to play Debbie Downer.

Debbie Downer! Awesome...