The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

On the NHL gamewear jerseys, is the Reebok under the front collar embroidered on the jersey or is it a patch?

Embroidered.......the 2.0s in the ushl it's a patch

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the teams are using most of last years 2.0 stock, removing the vector, and sewing on Reebok wordmark patches. I saw a ton of orange and white 2010-11 Flyers blanks with the vector at the MeiGray warehouse during the Summer Sale in July. I don't think they will send all of those jerseys to clearance just because of a minor change that needs to be done.

i have a question, i have a bunch of reebok avalanche jackets and hats. of course they are all made overseas, just like Nike and any other manufacturer. is it wrong to like those products?? I for one will not buy a indo edge jersey but should i feel guilty in buying other stuff like shirts jackets and hats?

It's not about the overseas aspect of it, it's the quality. If the new jerseys were made in Indonesia but the exact same quality as the ones made in Canada I wouldn't have a problem with them.

Mike, like I said in the FB group and like CJ has said, its about the quality. Clearly in the case of the jerseys, moving production overseas has affected the overall quality.

ya got your comment on FB too thanks, i just ordered a couple of new hoodies.. hey will arrive this week,,

What is going on here? Is this a fake and I'm missing something? Since when were 2.0s available with the Reebok neck tag? I've never seen this before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WINNIPEG-JETS-AUTHENTIC-EDGE-2-0-AWAY-JETS-NHL-JERSEY-ANY-PLAYER-NAME-SIZE-60-/300617986934?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item45fe3a7376

It was said that the Jets were the only team not using Indo-Edge this year and are using 2.0s at retail, so that is the only team you will see retail tagging in a 2.0 jersey.

Said where? I haven't heard that yet. I know for a fact that the Avalanche ARE NOT using Indo-Edges this season. I have this on the way to me and it should be here Friday. I'll post as many pics as you guys want of it when it arrives. I also saw the warm up jerseys live and in person on opening night and they are 2.0s as well. Nothing jumped out to me at all in regards to construction when I saw them. The only change from last year's Avalanche 2.0 jerseys was the change from the vector to the wordmark and that's it.

That's definitely a legit jersey too. 100%. Everything checks out on it. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a Jets jersey this year, huh?

Nope! I'm jealous! 2.0s at retail would be very dangerous to my back account.

Closeup of a Devils jersey that I took at a game this past Saturday.

Edge 2.0. Xtrafil nameplate. Nice.

Said where? I haven't heard that yet. I know for a fact that the Avalanche ARE NOT using Indo-Edges this season. I have this on the way to me and it should be here Friday. I'll post as many pics as you guys want of it when it arrives. I also saw the warm up jerseys live and in person on opening night and they are 2.0s as well. Nothing jumped out to me at all in regards to construction when I saw them. The only change from last year's Avalanche 2.0 jerseys was the change from the vector to the wordmark and that's it.

He is talking about retail only.

That's definitely a legit jersey too. 100%. Everything checks out on it. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a Jets jersey this year, huh?

For sureeee!!!! Especially if the rumors are true and they are not the same product for next year; with the Indo-Edge jersey.

What do you guys think of the price?

The price is ludicrous and it's clear that he's just trying to capitalize on a hot item. $360 for a blank retail? That's insanity. People aren't buying classic jerseys with the tags on them for $360 nowadays. Anybody who spends that much on a blank EDGE jersey is a fool. Especially when River City has them for $299.

Jay, according to the RCS catalogue (which leaked the Isles third!) says:

Reebok NHL EDGE Authentic Jersey: Wear what the pros wear! The same authentic pro quality jersey as worn by the players in the NHL. Features embroidered pro twill cresting and shoulder patches (where applicable), plus reinforced stitching and a fight strap in the back. Sizes 50, 52, 54, 56, 60 N7231 $250 Available in all NHL teams except for Winnipeg Jets. See page 10 for N7287 Authentic Style Winnipeg Jets Jerseys

What I find interesting is that it says "authentic style Jets jerseys" when the N7231 is the authentic style, not authentic. But RCS corrects itself.

If anyone is interested, here is what page 10 says

Reebok EDGE Pro Jerseys: Authentic pro jerseys as worn on-ice. Available in home or away colors. Sizes 46, 50, 52, 54, 56, and 60. $300 N728721

The Jets jersey is growing on me. I might pick that up instead of the Indo-Edge Isles third

The price is ludicrous and it's clear that he's just trying to capitalize on a hot item. $360 for a blank retail? That's insanity. People aren't buying classic jerseys with the tags on them for $360 nowadays. Anybody who spends that much on a blank EDGE jersey is a fool. Especially when River City has them for $299.

Thank you, you could buy 50% of the Jet's gamers for that price.

Ummm the auction isn't for a blank. The price includes the choice of any player and number. Just checked River City and it's actually cheaper. They have them for 299 + 80 = $379, and they only have the Home.

Now thats capitalizing on a hot item lol

Oh it's for a customized one? I guess I didn't read that far then. That's not AS bad but it's still pretty friggin expensive. No sports jersey should cost over $300.

But yes; that back material isn't the same as that x-trafil crap. I make the same mistake sometimes though. It's all EDGE crap so I guess it fits the same category!

Isn't that nameplate made of the stretch mesh that's on the back of Edge 2.0 jerseys? It looks a lot more porous than what I thought was Xtrafil.

But yes; that back material isn't the same as that x-trafil crap. I make the same mistake sometimes though. It's all EDGE crap so I guess it fits the same category!

After all this time I'm still learning stuff. Thanks guys. I was totally wrong. The jerseys don't lie either. (Like I even need a reason to go down and play in my jersey closet anyways.)

RBK 1.0 Contents

1point0HangTag.jpg

RBK 2.0 Contents

2point0HangTag.jpg

Absolutely no X-trafil on the 2.0s. Now I know the difference between X-trafil and stretch mesh. I learned something new about jerseys today and that's always fun.