The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

I won one of the Forsberg Retirement jerseys the other day. I can post pictures once I get it.

I saw them in person, up close, opening night at Pepsi Center. They had the players sign the jerseys right after they took them off after warmups so Barry and a few other reps from MeiGray were out on the concourse during the game. The warm up jerseys are for sure 2.0s. I should have taken pics. I have many Avalanche gamers in my collection and the jerseys that they Avalanche are wearing right now are 2.0s as well. I am 100% positive about that.

Congrats on the pickup too. They are beautiful jerseys. Who did you get?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is Reebok officially the laughing stock of sports? I really hope Nike gets an exclusive contract in the near future, I certainly wouldn't mind owning more of their jerseys.

I think it's 2014, although there's also the possibility that it's an evergreen deal.

What makes it more complicated is that Reebok's deal encompasses a lot more than just jerseys, namely warmups, hats, shirts, sweatshirts, jackets...basically any type of apparel. The contract stipulates that they're the "official" provider, so any time you see a player or coach wearing anything, it's tagged Reebok.

The only way to change it in the future is by having a massive manufacturer/distributor pick up the deal....Nike, Under Armour, Majestic, someone like that. Or there's also the (remote) possibility that it could all be pieced out. There's also the chance of purging a leaguewide contract and having manufacturers bid for individual teams, like what happened in the mid-1990s.

My first post, hope its useful.

I got my 7231A Vancouver Jersey last week which was ordered off ebay, paid $250 inc. tax/shipping.

Thought id post some pics, this Jeresy is being sent back due to "defects" and am waiting for a replacement.

Pictures are high res, so take a closer look at the poor quality, especially the color of the collar, squished letter spacing,

loose stitching and the plastic backing on the crest which isn't sewn on properly.

Pictures are zipped as i'm not really sure how to else to share.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14482367/Reebok_7231A_Canucks/Reebok_7231A_Canucks.zip

I'd mentioned earlier for the Jets that RCS is selling 2.0's for $299.99 as they didn't make N7231 Indo Edges for the jets. Save $60 from the ebay seller and get a brand new one from RCS.

Just FYI, it looks like the eBay seller's price does include customization. For that RCS charges another $80.

I got my 7231A Vancouver Jersey last week which was ordered off ebay, paid $250 inc. tax/shipping.

Thought id post some pics, this Jeresy is being sent back due to "defects" and am waiting for a replacement.

Pictures are high res, so take a closer look at the poor quality, especially the color of the collar, squished letter spacing,

loose stitching and the plastic backing on the crest which isn't sewn on properly.

88mbs! :o

Create a photobucket account and upload the pictures of the jersey. Once the pics are uploaded, copy the IMG code and paste it in your response.

These pics are must see, this is unrealistically bad. Im upping them to my Picasa now.

edit, done - https://picasaweb.google.com/111265845895044574484/201112ReebokAuthenticIndonesiaMadeEdgeJerseys#

This is my favorite, looks like every knock off

Inside_Front_1_7231A.JPG

These pics are must see, this is unrealistically bad. Im upping them to my Picasa now.

edit, done - https://picasaweb.google.com/111265845895044574484/201112ReebokAuthenticIndonesiaMadeEdgeJerseys#

This is my favorite, looks like every knock off

Oh my, looking at some of the other pictures, the writing of "Vancouver" actually does make it look fake.

Wow

We should all write letters to the Hockey News (thn.com/letters) asking/complaining about Reebok making cheap, non-Canadian made, authentic retail jerseys. I bet if they get enough letters on the same subject they might do a story on it. Anyone who can should call into Gary Bettman's show on the NHLNetwork and ask him about the subject.

It is so nice that Reebok makes official knockoff jerseys now. :noway:

Seriously, I would have thought that was a knockoff. No chance it is?

I saw them in person, up close, opening night at Pepsi Center. They had the players sign the jerseys right after they took them off after warmups so Barry and a few other reps from MeiGray were out on the concourse during the game. The warm up jerseys are for sure 2.0s. I should have taken pics. I have many Avalanche gamers in my collection and the jerseys that they Avalanche are wearing right now are 2.0s as well. I am 100% positive about that.

Congrats on the pickup too. They are beautiful jerseys. Who did you get?

I picked up Stastny's. I originally bid on Lindstrom's when they first started but then that got higher and I didn't really feel like spending that money on a "nobody" player. So I figured i'd go all out on Stastny. Forsberg was my favorite player growing up and Stastny is my favorite player now. So it only made sense. This is my first "gamer" that i'll actually receive. I preordered Giroux's Set One Away jersey with the Flyers but that won't come in for a while.

On a side note, I don't know if this is allowed to ask but you post on HFboards don't you?

Good information that pretty much sums it up. Only question from that is, will team/arena stores offer 2.0s?

I just called the Blackhawk's store on Michigan Ave. They will only be selling the retail authentics. I did not get a hold of Fandemonium at the United Center but I assume it is the same.

I called the Capital's store at Kettler. They said they will not be selling the 2.0s. They have the new retail authentics for $250 and some of the edge 1.0s from last year for $180.

Lastly, I was looking at the Jeff Halpern, Capitals, Locomotiv memorial game jersey on NHL auctions and then emailed them. It is a 1.0 and he will be wearing an Edge 1.0, size 56, all year. Coupled with Mike Green still wearing the 1.0 if anybody wants to get what they actually wear I assume you can strip the vector off of the back of a 1.0 and put a wordmark on there.

I wonder if they will team up with the Meigray Groop to make knockoff gamers available. :thumbsup:

Win. Lol

The Isles team store is not carrying authentics this season. Weird.

It might be interesting to take some of the most unflattering pics of that 'Nucks jersey and post them on the Reebok Hockey FB page, just so the uninitiated know what is going on. Maybe next to a gamer?

Finally got a chance to look at the pics.

Exactly what I saw in the new Kings jersey.

The "airknit" on the front panel has a "textured" look to it.

No way the players are wearing this on the ice.

That Canucks jersey is hideous (for other reasons besides being a Canucks jersey) - Nothing is stitched on anymore, the logos and wordmark are all embroidered into the jersey like old Starter and Pro Player replicas. Only difference is, the RBK jerseys are garbage......