The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

Someone'sh definitely going to need to explain the differences with pictures so I don't get ripped off on eBay :( These things sound like the devil.

Hey Johnny,

Any word on what type of authentics the Skate Zone is selling?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice that the color of the eye of the "predator" is different in the Geoffrion Team Issue compared to the last "high res" photo released by the team (looks red instead of gold).

Still waiting for a local store here to get a new stock of "Pro" (yeah right) jerseys for each team. Hopefully i'll be able to obtain an RBK catalogue too for the 2011-12 season which would greatly benefit us looking to find out the differences.

The game pictures I have from NHL.com show the yellow eyes.

2432304440107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

The consensus from Fan Gear stores and the local SkateZones is that the Flyers have a limited number of Premiers with the wordmark, and might not carry authentic versions. They are also waiting for old stock to sell before rolling in more of the new stuff. Basically trying to pretend that there is no change, don't mind the man behind the curtain and all that jazz...

I was in the NHL Store on Thursday, and they still haven't gotten in any new authentics. They did however, get in practically all new jersey premiers. They had the new TBL jerseys, as well as the new Preds jerseys and Leafs thirds. I found it interesting that the Leafs new 3rd has a felt crest, and a ribbed collar like the Wild jerseys have. The piano keys on the inside of the neck of the Preds jerseys felt like rubber, and the lines through the numbers on the back were sublimated into the number I guess, seeing as they weren't raised. It was also blatantly obvious that the new jerseys are extremely thin. I was able to hold one up and practically see through it to my hand on the inside.

The piano keys on the inside of the neck of the Preds jerseys felt like rubber, and the lines through the numbers on the back were sublimated into the number I guess, seeing as they weren't raised.

I am surprised the Piano Keys are on the Premiers at all, the link posted earlier stated they would be authentic only. Also, I think the Preds have been using the sublimated twill for a few years now, Reebok calls it Smooth Fit, someone correct me if I am wrong, so that isn't really a surprise.

I for one don't mind sublimated twill numbers that are then stitched, as I think the cool designs can create new possibilities, as well as create a new issue for counterfeiters to deal with. I mean, they still don't have the ability to do transitioning color jerseys like the old Canucks or the Burger King. (I just googled, gradient is the word I am looking for to describe this attribute.)

Pure speculation, but the pieces fit...

For those who received the River City Sports Catalogue, flip to page 4 and look at the bottom of the page on the right that says, "Reebok NHL EDGE Authentic Jersey, wear what the pros wear, yadda yadda yadda, sizes 50,52,54,56,60, STYLE N7231.... $249.99"

Means nothing really... Indo Edge N7231 identifier...

BUT THEN I READ.

"AVAILABLE IN ALL NHL TEAMS EXCEPT WINNIPEG JETS"

See page 10 for N7287 Authentic Style Winnipeg Jets Jersey.

Any chance the team who decided not to carry the indo edge was the Jets...?

Plus, this would mean that RCS is carrying the 2.0 as they mention on their website... Very Intriguing...

Pure speculation, but the pieces fit...

For those who received the River City Sports Catalogue, flip to page 4 and look at the bottom of the page on the right that says, "Reebok NHL EDGE Authentic Jersey, wear what the pros wear, yadda yadda yadda, sizes 50,52,54,56,60, STYLE N7231.... $249.99"

Means nothing really... Indo Edge N7231 identifier...

BUT THEN I READ.

"AVAILABLE IN ALL NHL TEAMS EXCEPT WINNIPEG JETS"

See page 10 for N7287 Authentic Style Winnipeg Jets Jersey.

Any chance the team who decided not to carry the indo edge was the Jets...?

Plus, this would mean that RCS is carrying the 2.0 as they mention on their website... Very Intriguing...

I would imagine the Jets issue is more of a timing than a stand against RBK. Teams with no jersey changes were probably already in production with new wordmarks in Indonesia, but the Jets who took a while to finalize their design might have just ordered a set amount from the factories making their games, so they would have them in less time to sell to fans.

Lake Erie (AHL) is selling "Reebok" labeled authentics of their black/third jersey. It is Canadian-made, Edge 2.0, like always. The only change is the removal of the "M" logo from the left shoulder. Gamers of all their jerseys this season will have a special "5th anniversary" patch instead, but "Reebok" retail jerseys, replica and authentic, do not have them, just a blank shoulder. So this "Indo" jersey is only showing up for NHL teams, not other leagues that use the Edge, apparently. But AHL teams have been selling the 2.0 for years. When the teams switched on ice, all production did also.

For you Pens fans, The House of Hockey has the 7231 alternates in stock with some sizes of black/white as well.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/thehouseohockey/posts/10150356380143116

Edit: They have a picture of the alternate authentic on their website. I really hate the fact that you can tie the strings on the jersey now :glare:

For you Pens fans, The House of Hockey has the 7231 alternates in stock with some sizes of black/white as well.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/thehouseohockey/posts/10150356380143116

Edit: They have a picture of the alternate authentic on their website. I really hate the fact that you can tie the strings on the jersey now :glare:

So there's no neck tag? So does this mean the Indo-Edge is further confirmed, I can't really tell.

So there's no neck tag? So does this mean the Indo-Edge is further confirmed, I can't really tell.

Im confirming the existence of the Indoedge. I wasn't able to get great pics because you're not supposed to have your phone during work.

5fed8457.jpg

d898c68b.jpg

It has no inner neck tag, and says made in Indonesia

Bonus pics

Carlyles car:f75de071.jpg

covering the ice for a concert: 60081c37.jpg

Haha that's awesome. I know somebody who works at the Honda Center as well. Question for people on here. What are peoples thoughts about using 2.0s from last year and taking off the vector and adding a Reebok patch to the back of the neck, like we do with KOHOs and 6100s? The problem is that that kind of neck tagging can't be changed on these jerseys though, but if it's the only way to have a superior quality jersey, would you have a problem with it as a collector? Lesser of two evils?

My felling is as long as you don't try to sell the jersey, go with it. Nobody is going to see the neck tag if you are wearing the jersey. I was thinking about doing it as well.

That material looks like that of my dollar store dishrags I recently purchased. Game issue from last year it is...

That material looks like that of my dollar store dishrags I recently purchased. Game issue from last year it is...

That looks like the material I saw on the new Kings jersey.

Textured, kinda reminds me of linen.

When I first saw it I didn't think it was "airknit". It wasn't until I looked a second time that I realized it was in fact "airknit".

As if this situation needed any more complications...

If you browse the jersey sections for each team on NHL.com there certainly appears to be a variety of retail authentics being sold. While the item descriptions are identical for the most part, some (e.g. the Preds new jerseys) have Canada listed as the country of origin and others (e.g. the Flyers) actually have USA listed as the country of origin. That's not all though: the Ducks new threads are listed as being imported from HONDURAS. Even more bizarre are some of the small differences in the stock images of the jerseys. All have the wordmark on the back but some have the neon green on the inner neck and others don't.

Am I completely missing something here or is NHL.com just going insane?

As if this situation needed any more complications...

If you browse the jersey sections for each team on NHL.com there certainly appears to be a variety of retail authentics being sold. While the item descriptions are identical for the most part, some (e.g. the Preds new jerseys) have Canada listed as the country of origin and others (e.g. the Flyers) actually have USA listed as the country of origin. That's not all though: the Ducks new threads are listed as being imported from HONDURAS. Even more bizarre are some of the small differences in the stock images of the jerseys. All have the wordmark on the back but some have the neon green on the inner neck and others don't.

Am I completely missing something here or is NHL.com just going insane?

Sabres: China, Oilers: Canada, Kings: Canada to check a few.

And it looks like the wordmark makes its way to the left sleeve as well. Chances of me buying are plummeting...

The Rangers wordmark on the back of the neck during the preseason looked like garbage. There's a picture of it on here somewhere. Last night, most of the jerseys must have been new, made with the wordmark instead of a patch over the vector, so they looked much more tolerable. Lundqvist wasn't wearing a new jersey though, I realized.