The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

Well said! Couldn't agree more...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid question...Are there any 2011-2012 "Reebok" wordmark jerseys available at retail or have they yet to hit?

Walked past the Blackhawks Store today (didn't have time to go in) and noticed that the jersey on display in the window was a 2.0. Most likely a team issue jersey, but I am starting to get confused.

^And you didn't go inside?!?!?!

I was on a field trip for school, and we were begging my teacher to go in. He writes a blog for the Hawks, but I guess isn't much of a jersey collector.

Gotcha ya. Can someone go check this out and take pictures?

The Isles team store doesn't carry authentics, nor the new Reebok wordmark replicas, but are selling 40th anny jerseys :glare:

Gotcha ya. Can someone go check this out and take pictures?

The Isles team store doesn't carry authentics, nor the new Reebok wordmark replicas, but are selling 40th anny jerseys :glare:

I'm planning on calling tomorrow, but I don't know if it had the vector or the wordmark on the back because I could only see the front. I will post tomorrow with the information I'm given.

The description on this page... seriously?

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11806788&cp=3176536&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

NHL might as well be running the sweatshops

Soooooo. its a %&@%#%^@#*@ replica Pro is what they are calling it???? hahahahahahaha wow reebok,,, just,, wow.

I had a nice conversation earlier with the person who's refusing to carry the Indo-Edge; I pointed out that the Bruins' auction on NHL.com features double elbows, which the Indo-Edge lacks. That's how I started the conversation.

As the conversation progressed, an idea began to formulate in my head....it's entirely possible that what we're seeing is not something sinister after all. It's possible that, much like Starter and Nike in the 1990s, we could be seeing three different levels unintentionally (or, perhaps more accurately, negligently). It's possible that the new authentics for several teams are coming from one location, which is making them the right way, while other teams are coming from a different location, which is making them on the cheap. And without someone standing up and saying "I refuse to carry these", it's not going to become enough of an issue to actually force a change, or at bare minimum, a re-assessment of who's producing what.

Thankfully, there's one team that's taking that stand. Whether it goes anywhere is still a matter of debate and time.

I had a nice conversation earlier with the person who's refusing to carry the Indo-Edge; I pointed out that the Bruins' auction on NHL.com features double elbows, which the Indo-Edge lacks. That's how I started the conversation.

As the conversation progressed, an idea began to formulate in my head....it's entirely possible that what we're seeing is not something sinister after all. It's possible that, much like Starter and Nike in the 1990s, we could be seeing three different levels unintentionally (or, perhaps more accurately, negligently). It's possible that the new authentics for several teams are coming from one location, which is making them the right way, while other teams are coming from a different location, which is making them on the cheap. And without someone standing up and saying "I refuse to carry these", it's not going to become enough of an issue to actually force a change, or at bare minimum, a re-assessment of who's producing what.

Thankfully, there's one team that's taking that stand. Whether it goes anywhere is still a matter of debate and time.

Why is it such a secret which team is refusing to sell the indo-edge jerseys? Why not just say which team it is?

I am starting to think the material used on the new gamers is different too. Has anyone else paid attention to games and looked at goalies and how marked up their shirts already are?

Every goalie, even scrubs face shots at warm-ups and then the normal SOG during the game, if these teams are wearing set-1 from TC to now we are looking at upto 10 games but with home and away possibly 6.

I have goalie gamers with less wear after 15 games then some of these are showing now. It just seems like the puck easily marks these shirts up.

Examples:

Backstrom last night:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/129042572/Getty-Images-Sport

Backstrom March last year:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/111298701/Getty-Images-Sport

I am starting to think the material used on the new gamers is different too. Has anyone else paid attention to games and looked at goalies and how marked up their shirts already are?

Every goalie, even scrubs face shots at warm-ups and then the normal SOG during the game, if these teams are wearing set-1 from TC to now we are looking at upto 10 games but with home and away possibly 6.

I have goalie gamers with less wear after 15 games then some of these are showing now. It just seems like the puck easily marks these shirts up.

Examples:

Backstrom last night:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/129042572/Getty-Images-Sport

Backstrom March last year:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/111298701/Getty-Images-Sport

Its more a matter of if/when the teams dry clean the jerseys. I know some minor league teams that dry clean goalie jerseys after almost every game, while others never do. I assume this is similar in the NHL, plus alot has to do with where/how the puck hits the goalies.

Simple way to confirm there are again at least 2 different jerseys (Retail, Team Issued) is the reinforced fight strap stitching horizontal across the twill and the additional twill block ontop of the strap on the inside for the Team Issue jerseys.

The Jets and Preds new 2012 jerseys for retail don't have the reinforced stitch across the twill which is visible from the outside, while the gamers show the line across the twill in getty images.

Considering that is 1 specific difference which was the same for 1.0 compared to 2.0 the only real question left is are there 3 types of jersey or 2.

Currently there are;

Edge 2.0 which are identical to last years stock with the change of Vector to Wordmark which most teams appear to be wearing.

Indo Edge which is Retail and shows the 1.0 style fight strap reinforcement and no double elbows, and Xtrafil Material, which is available on NHL.com and in team stores

There is potentially a 3rd jersey which is a Canadian Made Edge which is not the 2.0 material, but has the reinforced straps and elbows and is the design for all the new styles of 2012, (Nashville, Jets, Ottawa Alt, etc...) This would account for the material showing more marking and damage as it's similar to 1.0 material.

Avs Jerseys

Looks like 2.0s again, not Indo-Edge

yep you are correct, looks like the NHL players get the REAL jerseys,, and look at the TAG..!!!! MADE IN CANADA... and the public gets this indo crap!! Looks like I will be getting a Game issued jersey or used jersey from the AVS

im not buying garbage from a 3rd world country, I want the real deal. And so do all of you.

Just came back from the Habs Team store. So I had a chance taking a closer look at those Indo-Edge and God these things are awful. They barely beat the replicas in terms of quality. The sewing looks horrible, they are extremely light. And as mentioned before the fight strap, sewn with a white piece of twill, looks ready to be teared apart. Finally, the logo looks a little bit like some of the fakes, very unevenly glued on so that it looks a little bubbly. I spoke with the people there and it seems like these are going to be the "authentics" they are going to carry at the price of $299.99. I just can't see the players wearing these things...

Someone'sh definitely going to need to explain the differences with pictures so I don't get ripped off on eBay :( These things sound like the devil.

Yeah sorry I did not have a camera with me... but the fact that these things have a white piece of twill holding the fight strap no matter what the jersey color is already a good way of identifying them.

The only that is annoying is that I have yet to see a photo of one of the 2011-2012 new design jerseys showing whether these are still 2.0 or the Indo-Edge...

I actually figured the Habs were the team that wouldnt put them in their arena. Im sure you wont be able to buy a Preds 2.0 either. Which is a total bummer, thats the only new jersey I really want.

Anyone else notice that the color of the eye of the "predator" is different in the Geoffrion Team Issue compared to the last "high res" photo released by the team (looks red instead of gold).

Still waiting for a local store here to get a new stock of "Pro" (yeah right) jerseys for each team. Hopefully i'll be able to obtain an RBK catalogue too for the 2011-12 season which would greatly benefit us looking to find out the differences.