The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

Watched a lot of games in hd this weekend..its petty much offical the teams are wearing 2.0s and again reebok is dishing out crap claiming they are auhentic on ice jerseys. hiw can they lie like this

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched a lot of games in hd this weekend..its petty much offical the teams are wearing 2.0s and again reebok is dishing out crap claiming they are auhentic on ice jerseys. hiw can they lie like this

The players are definitely wearing 2.0s. Reebok really isn't lying though. It pisses me off they are outsourcing to Indonesia for the authentics. Only a matter of time before the official products will be seized at border control ;)

It's really very simple. If you won't provide a jersey that is truly exactly like what's on the ice....change what the on-ice product actually is, thus making lower-quality crap "the real deal".

There's at least one NHL team that is absolutely refusing to carry the Indo-Edge. I'm curious to see if this is the first shot in an uprising of sorts, or if it'll be one against the world.

I wasn't watching in HD but the new Leafs thirds didn't look like 2.0's to me but the blues they wore on Saturday did look like 2.0's.

Either way if the authentics arn't what's worn on the ice and are made in indonesia then I'm not buying them.

It's really very simple. If you won't provide a jersey that is truly exactly like what's on the ice....change what the on-ice product actually is, thus making lower-quality crap "the real deal".

Its no different than selling 1.0s while the players were wearing 2.0s.

Is that team a Canadian team? I can see one of the Canadian teams being rightfully bitter that the jerseys aren't made in Canada. I wish the Blues would be the team to fight back, but I don't think they give a crap.

Edited by ncthorn

Is that team a Canadian team? I can see one of the Canadian teams being rightfully bitter that the jerseys aren't made in Canada. I wish the Blues would be the team to fight back, but I don't think they give a crap.

I know better than to ask if it was the Isles :thumbsup:

Chuckie Wang probably suggested this change to Reebok cause he can't afford jerseys for all of the players!...the Isles are barely over the cap floor! :wacko:

At least the 1.0s were used on the ice at one time.

I am not going to speak for him but I do not think it is a Canadian team he is talking about.

I think I will just stick with gamers until this stuff is settled. Their cheaper anyway when it comes to CBJ jerseys.

At least the 1.0s were used on the ice at one time.

Reebok is not advertising the Indo-Edge authentics as "on-ice" jerseys though. If there was a label in the neck of the jersey that said "on-ice" jersey, then it is false advertising. Otherwise, what they are doing is still wrong, but they are not lying.

Not quite. Teams received an initial shipment of 1.0s that were to be worn on the ice. A couple of teams reported significant problems with where exactly sweat was ending up, possibly as a result of an interaction with the dye used in the fabric. At that point, the 2.0 was made available.

For the first two years, several teams used both 1.0 and 2.0. And for the last two years, even as most teams are entirely 2.0, a lot of the preseason and training camp jerseys are 1.0s, possibly just to cycle through the stock. The end result has been an enormous amount of space being taken up in equipment rooms, and anyone who's ever been in one of those knows that space is always at a premium anyway.

The one that I'm referring to is not Canadian. Honestly, I don't know what the Canadian teams would be doing...given the choice between "supporting a cause" or making money off a lot of people who don't care one way or the other, it seems apparent what the end result will be.

Reebok is not advertising the Indo-Edge authentics as "on-ice" jerseys though. If there was a label in the neck of the jersey that said "on-ice" jersey, then it is false advertising. Otherwise, what they are doing is still wrong, but they are not lying.

By making the Indo-Edge the only one available for retail, Reebok is basically saying that the two options are the replica (Premier) and authentic (Indo-Edge). I can't think of a time in recent history where the actual on-ice jersey has not been made available for retail as an option; obviously, many teams (juniors, mostly, and several minor league teams) elect not to carry them, but to not even have them as an option is absurd and possibly unprecedented.

From watching the Penguins both against Vancouver and Calgary, it seems they are definitely not wearing 2.0's. I noticed double shoulders and not double elbows. It matches the all star jerseys from last year in terms of where the seams are as well. But in both those games Vancouver and Calgary were both wearing standard 2.0's.

This is so weird lol.. guys if anyone ever comes acoss one we need HD photos... lol. my sportchek may get leaf ones. they got 1.0s last year. hope they get more jerseys.. i guess im waiting longer to get a new jersey

Bruins gamers are up on the NHL auction page..http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=166437028&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=166783738

Black strip in the back of the neck and it looks like there is a size tag as well.

Bruins gamers are up on the NHL auction page..http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=166437028&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=166783738

Black strip in the back of the neck and it looks like there is a size tag as well.

so this proves its still the old 2.0s with reebok on the back...i guess we do get the trash indo edge

I just checked out the boston auction.. the jerseys do have reebok on the back and a black neck line that says reebok now.. not rbk..all 2,0s said rbk on the necklines last year.. so looks like the teams still have the good jerseys lol

Can anyone confirm that we're getting the Indo-Edge at retail? Because if so, I won't buy a single one. That's unacceptable.

Can anyone confirm that we're getting the Indo-Edge at retail? Because if so, I won't buy a single one. That's unacceptable.

Not confirming, just agreeing.

As I reported earlier, the new white Kings jerseys at Staples were made in Indonesia

The description on this page... seriously?

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11806788&cp=3176536&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

Officially licensed

Imported

Country Of Origin : Canada

NHL might as well be running the sweatshops

I will be out on this crap they are peddling. As I read this thread I find myself becoming more and more frustrated. What happened to the days when you could get what you paid for! I was in my early twenties when I bought my 99-00 Authentic Flyers home jersey which I still have. The price was reasonable at about $180.00. I was overjoyed that I finally had the real thing. Yes it took some research on my part to find an authentic in those days but at least they were available. Now, I know that we have gotten our hands on some 2.0's in the past due to our research and dedication to the hobby, but what about others who do not know any better.

I feel that Reebok should own up to their mistake, admit that the new design was crap, and scrap the rest of their edge material supply. Get back to the basics. There should be a midweight airknit replica (like the Flyers WC jerseys in 09-10) and a true authentic on ice jersey that is IDENTICAL to what the players wear. Off soapbox...