The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got more info for everyone.. apparently the jerseys for retail are the ones the players use..

got an email back from a supplier,, this is what he wrote

"Got some. They seem a little different than I remember

from Spring. Lighter weight less glossy material (like the older Air-Knit

550's), crappier authentic label green tape rather than sewn in tags, made

in Indonesia and $25 cheaper. Still seem overpriced to me.

this sounds like the LA Kings photo that was posted.. he did say Air Knit.. so maybe the 1.0s are gone..

and looks like the jerseys are NO LONGER MADE IN CANADA! Thats so sad REEBOK.. common..thats one thing I loved about the jerseys that they were made HERE. Not a 3rd world country.. I for one hate this

Just got back from the Kings/Quackers game.

I need to revise what I said about the jerseys not being air knit.

Upon closer inspection, the jersey is some type of air-knit material.

What threw me off is the material is a lighter weight than the 2.0 gamers I have.

There are double shoulders but not the elbows. Just like the 1.0's.

They are made in Indonesia as stated above.

I have a hard time believing the jersey I saw in the pro shop will be the same one the players are using.

The 2.0 is a much heavier jersey than the new Kings jersey I saw.

The new one reminded me a bit of linen, not a quality you would expect to see on a hockey jersey.

Just got back from the Kings/Quackers game.

I need to revise what I said about the jerseys not being air knit.

Upon closer inspection, the jersey is some type of air-knit material.

What threw me off is the material is a lighter weight than the 2.0 gamers I have.

There are double shoulders but not the elbows. Just like the 1.0's.

They are made in Indonesia as stated above.

I have a hard time believing the jersey I saw in the pro shop will be the same one the players are using.

The 2.0 is a much heavier jersey than the new Kings jersey I saw.

The new one reminded me a bit of linen, not a quality you would expect to see on a hockey jersey.

what you just said pretty much what my supplier said.. So looks like Reebok has gone CHEAP!!!!!!! everyone who watches HD feed of games,, check the jerseys out see if they have the eblows are double as well.

I looked at some close up photos from in game shots on team sites,, I cannot notice any eblow double stitching.. So maybe it did change, maybe these new jerseys are what the players wear.. we wont know for sure until GAME WORN ones come out BY Meigray.

Well, I got four pics uploaded (others were unusable)....here's what the outside of the fight strap attachment looks like. This was on a flat surface too, so the material puckering isn't from the jersey being unevenly laid. The bottom right corner of the pic was on the corner of a table, so part of the striping angles downward, but the rest of it...

2518559630055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

For some reason this did not post, but I was one of the few who managed to snag last years all star jersey and I can't recall that having double elbows. I also recall it being a lot lighter weight than the other 2.0 jerseys I have. I should double check this tonight but I think I even commented on here that it feels cheaper than the 2.0's despite it being a 2.0. Do the new authentic's also have just heat pressed? Nothing on last years all star was stitched down and I feared that might be the future for authentic's as well.

I also got a close look at the new Kings "authentic" jersey, and sadly, it looks really cheap. As others have said, the material is quite thin. The wordmark logo is awful and looks just like the photo of the replica that CJ posted in the Jersey Changes thread. The inner tag did say 7231A, and the sticker price was $300! I never thought I'd say this, but I think I would have preferred seeing this jersey as a 1.0 instead of this crap.

I looked at some close up photos from in game shots on team sites,, I cannot notice any eblow double stitching.. So maybe it did change, maybe these new jerseys are what the players wear.. we wont know for sure until GAME WORN ones come out BY Meigray.

The Leafs and Sabres jerseys have double elbows.

wow, getting diff reports from diff people,, who knows what to believe now! someones gatta get their hands on one soon for close up photos

I've watched all the Leafs pre-season games so far in HD and from what I can see the Leafs and Sabres have double elbows but I couldn't tell if the Flyers or Senators had double elbows. Also, the Leafs jerseys are defiantly 2.0 with the regular air-knit on the front and shoulders not some new air-knit that might be on the authentics.

From the images I looked at, the Bruins still have the double elbows (presumably on 2.0 jerseys), while the Islanders and Senators did not.

After seeing what garbage Reebok is putting out for retail, I'm starting to regret selling off a couple of 2.0 gamers that I had.

Okay, i know we all have different teams we are following to see what they wear and so-forth, but From Last nights Canucks Vs. Sharks Game.

Canucks HAVE double elbows, REEBOK wordmark, and are made of the 2.0 Airknit for sure.

Sharks HAVE double elbows, REEBOK wordmark, and are made of the 2.0 Airknit for sure.

The most likely scenario that I can see is that the 2.0 from last season is still what the players wear with the only change being the wordmark addition.

RBK has most likely simply replaced the Edge 1.0 with a different cheaper version made in Indonesia which was to combat people complaining about the high costs of the Edge Pro Jersey made in Canada, and instead of reducing prices for the same product, they have done what most businesses do to cut cost which is outsource and use cheaper materials...

You would think something being branded as "ON ICE AUTHENTIC JERSEY" would HAVE to be identical to what the players wear otherwise false representation comes to mind.

It's unfortunate because this is contrary to all the news about RBK simply going with the 2.0 for both gamers and retail... This was definitely a curve ball as a local RBK contact who had initially informed me it was all 2.0's didn't find out about the change until LATE last week for the retail jerseys.

So we're 100% sure here that the new authentic jerseys are basically going to be garbage? That really sucks since I want at least 3 of them, if not more. And who knows how long things will stay like this. Maybe there will be another outcry and in a few years it will change, and maybe we'll be stuck like this for the next decade.

If this is the case then we, the consumers, need to hit Reebok where it hurts, their bottom line. I for one will not buy any of these new jerseys if they are indeed made in indonesia and are indeed as cheap as they are beginning to look from some of the photos that have been posted. Any new style jersey with the Reebok word mark will have to be gameworn/issue or nothing for me.

You would think something being branded as "ON ICE AUTHENTIC JERSEY" would HAVE to be identical to what the players wear otherwise false representation comes to mind.

Absolutely. IMO, Reebok's got some nerve calling these authentics. The first time Reebok created 2 levels of authentics, they were forced to respond to the unforseen circumstance of players complaining about them. But this seems different to me. Players are fine with the existing on-ice jersey, and now Reebok has deliberately altered the retails to be (at least from what I've seen so far) even more different than ever from the on-ice jerseys. The word "authentic" seems to have lost all meaning here.

Of course we still haven't seen all of the new authentics, but if they're anything like what I've seen so far, I can't imagine even wanting to buy a new retail authentic again.