The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured this is worth a mention....

River City is doing a pre-order on the Jets jerseys and lists the authentics as "Edge 2"

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/direct_prod-06.cfm?style=N718521&style2=n728721&like=1

• 2 weeks later...

ANyone out there know where I can find a Hawks Alt (winter classic style) 2.0 ??

Thanks very very very very much!

Chris

Cannot help with a 2.0 but if you are willing to go with the 1.0 Pro Jersey Sports has them on clearence. They also have a few of the actual Winter Classic jerseys.

Just saw highlights of the detroit pitts game and detroit is still using the vector.

The Blackhawks had the vector on when opening up against the Oilers a couple nights ago.

I am sorry if I have missed this in the past. A Edge 1.0 size 52 is perfect for me, I can pull off a 54 but a little big, what size should I be going with in the 2.0?

2.0s fit more like a mid 90s air knit. they have shorter sleeves and wider body. I wear 52 1.0s but like 54 2.0s but I have really long arms. Id say go with a 52 if you dont need the sleeve length.

2.0s fit more like a mid 90s air knit. they have shorter sleeves and wider body. I wear 52 1.0s but like 54 2.0s but I have really long arms. Id say go with a 52 if you dont need the sleeve length.

Thanks, my old Caps CCM airknits are 52s and fit well, a bit roomy. Figure before I grab anything I will try on a few at Verizon or Kettler.

also about all of you thinking retailers will sell 2.0s,, I dont know about this anymore,, the retailer i get mine from said that he is only getting 1.0s?? or the jersey is going to be no diff than last years 1.0 retail, only slight changes.. but will still be the edge material.. i dont know what to blieve

youre just used to the vector,, remember,, CCM KOHO did the exact same thing,, its no different what so ever dude, youll come around

Its not so much the wordmark but it looks like an afterthought and from what I have seen the patch looks really thin and heatpressed which is just cheap. Jerseys are appealing because of the workmanship of them IMO.

Not a big deal because I am more of a minor league collector which oddly enough has higher quality jerseys for the most part.

It's not just the wordmark either, this jets photo is large enough to see:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/files/a4eacb973ead5a15f90e6a7067004a81_1.jpg

The name looks sublimated, the wordmark looks sublimated, the numbers might even be as they have no depth, look at the arm numbers, those look good, embroidered, the back numbers do not...they are just getting cheap all around and you know the prices aren't going to drop.

also about all of you thinking retailers will sell 2.0s,, I dont know about this anymore,, the retailer i get mine from said that he is only getting 1.0s?? or the jersey is going to be no diff than last years 1.0 retail, only slight changes.. but will still be the edge material.. i dont know what to blieve

I will be really stunned and disappointed if the new retails are not 2.0's. Reebok needs to produce new retail authentics, if not just for the new wordmark logo, there are obviously teams that have completely new designs. They've been trying to get rid of the 1.0's for the past 4 years, so why produce more 1.0's? For the first time since 2007, we could go back to the times when buying an authentic meant you're getting the same jersey the pros wear. Why continue the 1.0/2.0 dichotomy?

No. The twill nameplates were only used on the orange jerseys in 2008-09.

I'm almost positive they still use twill. They only used them on the new unis...but did they switch?

This looks twillish, can't tell, from 10-11:

img10206116.jpg

That's what I thought, but Brilliant knows everything so he threw me off lol.

I will be really stunned and disappointed if the new retails are not 2.0's. Reebok needs to produce new retail authentics, if not just for the new wordmark logo, there are obviously teams that have completely new designs. They've been trying to get rid of the 1.0's for the past 4 years, so why produce more 1.0's? For the first time since 2007, we could go back to the times when buying an authentic meant you're getting the same jersey the pros wear. Why continue the 1.0/2.0 dichotomy?

So I was at Staples Center for the Kings first preseason game last night and stopped by the pro shop.

They had the new Kings away jersey in the retail authentic model.

I apologize for not giving a completely detailed report, it was crowded and have no interest in buying the jersey.

But from what I saw, the jersey is NOT a 2.0, or at least not made the same way the gamers are made.

The front panel and shoulders were not air knit, but a thin material and I don't think the shoulders were double layered.

The jersey reminded me of a replica, in fact I double checked to make sure I was looking at a jersey with a fight strap.

I am going back on Sunday, will be able to check for double elbows and get the Reebok number from the size tag.

Here is the shoulder area.

away1j.jpg

away2.jpg

So I was at Staples Center for the Kings first preseason game last night and stopped by the pro shop.

They had the new Kings away jersey in the retail authentic model.

I apologize for not giving a completely detailed report, it was crowded and have no interest in buying the jersey.

But from what I saw, the jersey is NOT a 2.0, or at least not made the same way the gamers are made.

The front panel and shoulders were not air knit, but a thin material and I don't think the shoulders were double layered.

The jersey reminded me of a replica, in fact I double checked to make sure I was looking at a jersey with a fight strap.

That's kinda scary news that there's some sort of hybrid for sale, at least for now. I hope that's not the version they're going to be selling for the rest of the year, because judging from the pictures, I didn't like the appearance of it. Was it selling for $299? I'm not planning to go to Staples for a while, so if you find out more (or get more pics) at the Ducks game, I'd really appreciate it.

That's kinda scary news that there's some sort of hybrid for sale, at least for now. I hope that's not the version they're going to be selling for the rest of the year, because judging from the pictures, I didn't like the appearance of it. Was it selling for $299? I'm not planning to go to Staples for a while, so if you find out more (or get more pics) at the Ducks game, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, dont look at the size tag as they all say 7187. You have to look at the sleeve tag to see the 7287.

Reebok changed the numbers since they added the wordmark on the back. At least that's what people have said here.

Yeh in this thread it was said the new number would be M7231 (instead of M7187 or M7287 for the old 1.0s and 2.0s respectively).