The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they use twill on all the Flyers' jerseys now.

They definitely have always used it on the oranges so the white material wouldn't get shown through by the bright Arse orange. The old white/black sleeve style jerseys always used Edge material.

Definately twill on both jerseys.

I'm watching the pre-game of the Leafs/Sabres game and they interview Wendel Clark wearing Toronto's new third jersey. I got a real got look at the jersey with my HD tv and I can say that the jersey Clark was wearing was defiantly an authentic because it didn't have the jock tag and it is defiantly not 2.0. It was really easy to see the front and shoulders were not air-knit but looked like the same 1.0 material as used before.

Other then that the jersey looked really good and I liked the fact that the front crest is made of felt with a twill border instead of the regular twill logo. Sad to say but it's beginning to look like the 1.0's are here to stay and the 2.0's will not be retailed. Shame on Reebok.

So has anyone seen one of the new jerseys up close? Watching on tv the numbers look sublimated or even worse...heat pressed.

The way they bend they seem sublimated.

Also every name plate I have seen is sublimated now. I will be at the Nashville/Jets game tomorrow and will try to get a good look during warmups.

I hope I'm lucky enough to get my first Edge 2.0 gamer or game issue at the MeiGray grab bag at the Capitals Convention tomorrow...

I'm watching the pre-game of the Leafs/Sabres game and they interview Wendel Clark wearing Toronto's new third jersey. I got a real got look at the jersey with my HD tv and I can say that the jersey Clark was wearing was defiantly an authentic because it didn't have the jock tag and it is defiantly not 2.0. It was really easy to see the front and shoulders were not air-knit but looked like the same 1.0 material as used before.

Your observations match what I saw in person with the new Kings jersey.

I started to look at the jersey because there was no jock tag.

Then when I saw the material, I actually looked inside to make sure there was a fight strap, I thought maybe I was looking at a replica.

Nope, the jersey was authentic and definitely NOT like the gamers.

1.5?

I though 1.5s were the new praccy jerseys?

Going to the Isles game tomorrow night. My goal is to get thrown out of the brand new team store there. I feel sorry for the employees :thumbsup:

I've got a bad feeling about all of this. If these things are already available for sale, as mharolde reported, I don't imagine they're going to suddenly disappear once the season starts. Reebok had a great chance to go back to a single type of authentic for everyone, and they seem to have blown it by introducing yet a third type. I just can't figure out WTH Reebok is thinking.

So I was at Staples Center for the Kings first preseason game last night and stopped by the pro shop.

They had the new Kings away jersey in the retail authentic model.

I apologize for not giving a completely detailed report, it was crowded and have no interest in buying the jersey.

But from what I saw, the jersey is NOT a 2.0, or at least not made the same way the gamers are made.

The front panel and shoulders were not air knit, but a thin material and I don't think the shoulders were double layered.

The jersey reminded me of a replica, in fact I double checked to make sure I was looking at a jersey with a fight strap.

I am going back on Sunday, will be able to check for double elbows and get the Reebok number from the size tag.

Here is the shoulder area.

away1j.jpg

away2.jpg

the front of the jersey looks airnit..can u take more photos please

I've got a bad feeling about all of this. If these things are already available for sale, as mharolde reported, I don't imagine they're going to suddenly disappear once the season starts. Reebok had a great chance to go back to a single type of authentic for everyone, and they seem to have blown it by introducing yet a third type. I just can't figure out WTH Reebok is thinking.

I'd have to imagine that it's a half-hearted attempt to combat bootlegging. One of the big ways to combat bootlegging is by sublimating collars on the Edge jerseys; the Chinese don't have the desire to replicate it, so they usually chain-stitch it...the end results are very obvious(ly bad).

The third "Edge", with a standard name pending, is a bit different. There's the issue of materials, which has already been touched on. There are also no neck tags; all the pertinent information is sublimated on the inside of the neck. It includes the size and "made in" information....which, by the way, isn't Canada but Indonesia. My suggestion for name is "Indo Edge".

The fight strap material is strange and extremely flimsy. If it were actually worn on the ice and a fight occurred, the strap itself would probably tear straight through. It's also on a white twill block that's pretty thin, with a sporadic stitching pattern. Basically, it's not applied and then stitched, so the fabric on the back wads up. The whole thing is basically a cross between an Edge and a bootleg. The price point is supposed to be lower than a full-fledged Edge, but it would still be much higher than it really should be.

And don't worry; not everyone will be carrying them. Some teams don't believe that their fan base is a bunch of rubes.

And don't worry; not everyone will be carrying them. Some teams don't believe that their fan base is a bunch of rubes.

Thanks, Nathan. You seem to know a lot about this that the rest of us don't! Are you saying then, that there are going to be 2 different levels of retail authentics available?

Thanks, Nathan. You seem to know a lot about this that the rest of us don't! Are you saying then, that there are going to be 2 different levels of retail authentics available?

That's something I don't for sure. It's possible that there will be only one (Indo-Edge), it's possible that there will be two (Indo-Edge and 2.0, or Indo-Edge and 1.0), and it's possible that there will be three. The NFL and NBA have had three separate jersey levels in the last few years, with a basic garbage replica, a slightly heavier replica with sewn trim, and a full-blown authentic. Several NHL teams have been clamoring for some type of either middle ground (between Premier and Edge) or a lower ground (below Premier), so far without success.

There is also one additional component of the Indo-Edge that I haven't mentioned, possibly because the outcry would cause these boards to collapse into a fiery hole. It's another reason why I would expect them to be universally panned if they ever see the light of day.

The Isles did not have ANY authentics in their new team store and were selling the old stock Rbk premiers. Crazy high prices, long lines (not worth waiting for to harass female employees) and they didn't even have the 40th anny patches (but they did have the pucks).