The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

It's interesting since we don't have all the details yet. In watching the Sens and Jets game right now, the Jets jerseys don't have the stitching indicating double elbows. The game unfortunately is not HD quality as it's part of Kraft Hockeyville so the quality looks poor.

Anyways, I was thinking about this more and more and thought of a possibility.

When RBK took over the Contracts of Koho/CCM they simply used old stock and rebranded it by adding the Vector.

What are the chances that RBK is currently using up all of it's old stock 2.0's with the double elbows and airknit material and adding the wordmark and sending these out to teams.

That would explain why Winnipeg would be without the double elbows as they wouldn't have any old stock being a 1st year.

Just trying to make some sense of why the hell RBK wouldn't just simplify the whole process and have the retail and game worn be the same.

OR maybe like teams had the option of 1.0/2.0, maybe teams have been offered 2.0/Indo Edge and some teams are sticking with 2.0 as the new Indo Edge seems flimsy???

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be the selling point to teams to even TRY the "indo-edge" jerseys? I can't think of a single thing a marketing person could say to a team to make them sound more attractive. BTW, I checked in at the NHL Store again today and they still haven't gotten the new ones in, but when they do I'll let you all know as I'll be bringing something in to trade for a Rangers jersey.

With all this talk of Indo Edge and 2.0s I am sure glad I got my 1.0s that I am very happy with. Its sad that reebok would confuse hockey jersey collecting for all of us. I am sure glad reebok won't be making NFL jerseys next year with the way they mismanage providing and making jerseys. I too will boycott buying new reebok jerseys. I will also boycott because I will complete my hockey collection once I customize the 3 Ducks jerseys I have left to customize.

If you look at the Malkin...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pittsburgh-Black-and-Gold-Game-Jersey-71-Evgeni-Malkin-/200655887746?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2eb805dd82

The fight strap doesn't look like it was sewn down like a piece of garbage.

If you look at the Malkin...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pittsburgh-Black-and-Gold-Game-Jersey-71-Evgeni-Malkin-/200655887746?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2eb805dd82

The fight strap doesn't look like it was sewn down like a piece of garbage.

The Malkin is an old one with the vector not with the new wordmark for Reebok.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention, but even the Lovejoy...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pittsburgh-Black-and-Gold-Game-Jersey-6-Ben-Lovejoy-/200655888699?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2eb805e13b

Still looks like the fight strap looks solid to me.

I posted a lengthy complaint on the Reebok Hockey Facebook page. I figured if we complain using a medium that will make them look bad, they may at least listen to some degree. I am going to send an email inquiring about this grabage later. I have been waiting to get some Blues 2.0s and this really irritates me. Its not like I can buy CCM authentics either as the design is different. I like my Perron 1.0 but get tired of babying it. My Ian Cole Peoria gamer 2.0 is 1000 times more durable and I want to buy the same thing in stores. I figure that anyone on here that can should complain until they get tired of hearing about it.

I posted a lengthy complaint on the Reebok Hockey Facebook page. I figured if we complain using a medium that will make them look bad, they may at least listen to some degree. I am going to send an email inquiring about this grabage later. I have been waiting to get some Blues 2.0s and this really irritates me. Its not like I can buy CCM authentics either as the design is different. I like my Perron 1.0 but get tired of babying it. My Ian Cole Peoria gamer 2.0 is 1000 times more durable and I want to buy the same thing in stores. I figure that anyone on here that can should complain until they get tired of hearing about it.

I may just buy older 2.0 game issued or used jerseys I did purshase a game issued reveresed all star jersey fro Miegray and had it sent to Mikes in the USA he told me it was the most cheeeesy looking pro authentic he has seen and thats a game issued one . Mike maybe if you have time you can post a few pictures of the NASH jersey .

I may just buy older 2.0 game issued or used jerseys I did purshase a game issued reveresed all star jersey fro Miegray and had it sent to Mikes in the USA he told me it was the most cheeeesy looking pro authentic he has seen and thats a game issued one . Mike maybe if you have time you can post a few pictures of the NASH jersey .

I would love to see this.

I found your post and added a reply to it.

As requested, here are some points of interest on the 2011 All-Star jerseys. First, the NHL sheild on the collar is not an embroidered patch sewn on but rather a heat-pressed logo:

asg1-vi.jpg

Then, the crest is fully embroidered but, AGAIN, only heat-pressed and not stitched on:

asg2-vi.jpg

Finally, the stars on the sleeves and along the hem are also just heat-pressed.

asg3-vi.jpg

asg4-vi.jpg

The only items sewn onto the jersey are the shoulder patches, the nameplate, sublimated numbers and the NHLPA logo on the butt. Very lame indeed.

Thanks for adding to my post Eric. As a firearms enthusiast, I have gotten pretty good at complaining to those in positions of authority haha. I think the key to posting on the Facebook wall is that Reebok doesn't want people tto know that the quality of the retail sweaters is different than that of the on ice versions.

I am disgusted by the ironed on crests and patches. It is beyond annoying to have a stiff crest that feels like you are wearing a level III armor plate on the front of the jersey.

not to mention durability... I think of my Avs proplayer replica I wore probably once a week all through high school and washed numerous times, still looks great. I doubt these new "authentics" would stand up to half that abuse

Thank you to everyone on this thread for shedding light on the topic and providing pics.. its people like you that makes jersey collecting an awesome hobby

it trully is sad that the new authentics will be s***.. i am glad i got my 2,0 avs.. also picked up my OHL team too..they had left overs in the trainers room cause they cant use them this year cause of the new word mark...

The glory days of the NHL jerseys have passed us by. Certainly since 2007, but probably since Fruit Of The Loom pulled the plug on Pro Player in 2000. That left CCM as the sole survivor, then when Reebok swept in to buy them, the game was over.

I just picked these up today at my minor league pro shop!!!! Apparently they had these laying around in the trainers room,, they had a bunch of extra LEFT OVER jerseys from last year that they cant use because of the new REEBOK word mark,, the pro shop is filled with edge crappy replicas,, and I asked if they had any pros and the rest is history guys!!! I cant believe I own these, I am probably the only person in my city who owns the authentic 2.0s since they cant sell these to the public,, at least not where I live,, The guy who sold it to me was the team store owner,, and he did it under the table lol.. He knew how bad i wanted them.

th.jpg

white.jpg

sizetag-1.jpg

red.jpg