The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

this is so insane,, its like a conspiracy,, every one is saying something diff,, teams seem to have been wearing both 2.0s and indos.. its like no official jersey now for the league.

All I know, my boys in denver are wearing the good jerseys. and you can see the neck writing in the jersey says reebok amd not RBK, last years gamers still said rbk in the neck lining.. plus theres the made in canada tag..and reebok wording on back neck

guys, my head hurts from all this

img10506017.jpg

img10506016.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Habs equipment sale today and I had a chance to discuss with the guy who sells the team gamers. I asked the guy if the players were wearing the Indo-Edge right now and his answer was yes. I asked him if every players since game 1 are wearing these, the answer again was yest. I pointed out that I was convinced that the Habs wore 2.0 at least on the white jerseys in their first game and the answer was well that's a possibility but I don't think so.

However discussing more and more with him. We came on the Edge 2.0 topic and he told me the Habs only wore the 2.0 for a year (last year), and wore 1.0 for a while. I immediately called shenanigans (in a nice way ;-)) on that and then the discussion got completely out of hands. He flipped out saying he did not have to argue with me on this and that he knew from the inside what was going on. I pointed out that some jerseys on display in the arena were 2.0 and from 2 different years. And again I got some kind of corporate BS answer.

So basically the official answer is the Habs are wearing the Indo-Edge. But they lie so often that it is hard to believe it without a proof. I am so tired of this attitude from Canadiens management staff you have no idea...

P.S. Funny enough the Habs relaunched their campaign against fake jerseys and one of their arguments on why to buy authentics is that they are made in Ste-Hyacinthe, QC, Canada. So sad...

Malaval...im watching montreal game now..its 2.0s...they had a close up of gills back showed fightstrap..was the good 2.0 strap..couldnt get a good look at elbows

Malaval...im watching montreal game now..its 2.0s...they had a close up of gills back showed fightstrap..was the good 2.0 strap..couldnt get a good look at elbows

I'm watching it too, and I could help but notice how Gill's CH crest was beaten up... It looked as crappy as a fake, like the Indo-Edge. Same for Price. It might just be me but the crests look worst than ever...

The Penguins and Captials both wore the 2.0s for the game with the Lokomotiv patch. You can look at the jerseys on the NHL auction site and see the neck tags and that it's airknit.

Is the inner neck band green on the Indo's only? The Pens just had a feature on the broadcast about the traceability of their gamers (chip in fight strap scanned at hanging, end of game, or any other handling). Couldn't see anything other than the inner strip from any of the angles.

I haven't been keeping up with this whole saga. What's the difference between the 2.0's and the Indo-Edge? (Aside from the horrible quality I keep hearing about, which doesn't surprise me)

A big thanks to everyone who responded. I guess I just need to look more closely, because I just haven't been able to see the double elbows on the broadcasts I've been watching.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here yet but I just reveiwed most of the photos on the Flyers website and I am 100% sure they are wearing 2.0's this season. Lots of close ups and the you can definately see airknit on the front and sleeves and double elbows.

These three look like 2.0's with airknit fronts and/or sleves that are visible.

2055236710107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

2897318730107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

2366819100107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

This is going to sound weird, but you guys should expect weird things in all of my posts.

When the Isles played the Wild on Columbus Day, it was mascot day. I looked at almost every signle jersey the mascots were wearing and all but one were wearing the wordmark jersey (Toronto). Every jersey was a 2.0 though. Predators, Hurricanes, Islanders, Wild, and TBL.

This is going to sound weird, but you guys should expect weird things in all of my posts.

When the Isles played the Wild on Columbus Day, it was mascot day. I looked at almost every signle jersey the mascots were wearing and all but one were wearing the wordmark jersey (Toronto). Every jersey was a 2.0 though. Predators, Hurricanes, Islanders, Wild, and TBL.

lol I'm surprised you didn't mention this earlier

It appears that Mike Smith of the Coyotes has a vector on his jersey today during the Ducks vs. Coyotes game.

More jerseys that you can see the airknit material.

2461814340107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

2086537090107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

2192113470107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

2114189950107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

2936706120107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

The back of Salo's jersey looks like twill in this picture. I know it's not, it just looks funny in this picture.

2902599530107003020S600x600Q85.jpg

Anyone have pictures of what the Rangers are wearing? I haven't noticed any double elbows. Either way, Reebok sucks for not retailing whatever it is the players are wearing. This Indo-EDGE crap is absurd.

guys guys everyone listen, regarding the double elbow, not every team has the same rounded double elbow style.. some have just a strait cut, like the avalanche. These are my sakic 2.0s! these are photos of the elbows,, its not rounded,, you can see the Ultrafil material i nthe arms then it changes to double air Knit from elbow to wrist. its more of a squarish design, if that makes sense,, the elbow part is between those 2 long stitching, and the middle small stitch is the elbow bend

so the reason you guys cant see them is because diff teams may be like the avs, I know the canucks, leafs habs flames sabres have rounded, im sure more do too.

2011-10-23225417.jpg

2011-10-23225640-1.jpg

It's really easy to tell if it's a 2.0 or Indo Edge. Just look at the shoulder and back seams. If the seam is below the nameplate, it's an Indo Edge. If it's covered or above, it's a 2.0. See the Backstrom photo to see what I mean.

I have a lupul 2.0 ducks gamer and it has the same elbow cut as that avs jersey.

On another 2.0 note, I noticed this group of coyotes fans while I was working today and I noticed they had 2.0 jerseys, the first two were no names, but the third guy had a Shane Doan gamer on. Pretty cool