The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty... now the search begins so I don't have to put up with the indo-edge crap. :lol:

To wrap this up nicely in a bow, Just talked to a friend who is ordering retail jerseys for his store from RBK and he said that RBK has made the Indo-Edge to simply replaced the retail 1.0 in order to offer a lower price to customers as RBK had lots of feedback the prices were too high for their "Authentic on ice model". He said that he asked if RBK would sell the 2.0 airknit style to retailers for special order since the product they sell now is no longer being worn by the players and they said that RBK has a specific Team Distribution department that will only deliver and take orders from the Retail Operations Managers of the NHL teams who are registered as authorized team purchasers. Apparently in order to sell the Indo-edge they were required to remove the neck tagging and of course canadian fly tag as those were "Authentic on ice" jerseys. These are now being called, Pro Style jerseys which emulate the jerseys worn on the ice, featuring fight strap and edge cut form...

Might as well call it case closed. Teams will wear 2.0 made in Canada, Retailers will sell Indo.

Wow. This is ridiculous. I guess I'll just purchase replicas from IceJerseys then, because don't the replicas come with stitched names, numbers, etc. anyway?

I just confirmed that the Hershey Bears of the AHL are selling Edge 2.0 7287 jerseys for retail again this year. So at least this seasons new jerseys arent totally ruined for me.

Well I guess this all makes sense now. But the Kings' team store is still selling these Indo-Edges for $300! (That's some price drop...) I did notice that NHL.com is selling some of these at $250, but Reebok is probably more than making up for it with lower production cost. As far as I'm concerned, this is the death of the retail authentic as we know it...

To wrap this up nicely in a bow, Just talked to a friend who is ordering retail jerseys for his store from RBK and he said that RBK has made the Indo-Edge to simply replaced the retail 1.0 in order to offer a lower price to customers as RBK had lots of feedback the prices were too high for their "Authentic on ice model". He said that he asked if RBK would sell the 2.0 airknit style to retailers for special order since the product they sell now is no longer being worn by the players and they said that RBK has a specific Team Distribution department that will only deliver and take orders from the Retail Operations Managers of the NHL teams who are registered as authorized team purchasers. Apparently in order to sell the Indo-edge they were required to remove the neck tagging and of course canadian fly tag as those were "Authentic on ice" jerseys. These are now being called, Pro Style jerseys which emulate the jerseys worn on the ice, featuring fight strap and edge cut form...

Might as well call it case closed. Teams will wear 2.0 made in Canada, Retailers will sell Indo.

Thanks for the info, I know they have been somewhat doing it for a while, but I can't fricking stand that some guy from the Habs would still lie in my fricking face!

Nice work on getting the proper info. This is pretty much what I expected as soon as news of the indo-edge started coming out.

So if NHL.com is selling them for $250 that is $50 cheaper then the old retail price of $300 of the 1.0's. Reebok probably cut about %50 off the production cost by making them with cheaper materials in indonesia but is only passing on a 15% savings onto the consumer. Bravo Reebok, Bravo.

This stinks. So, where can we get team issued jerseys? I want some new Flyers, and apparently I will have 0 luck at getting something decent at retail.

The only source of 2.0's will be ones that came from the teams. Some teams will sell overstock through the attached "team store" if they have a bunch of sizes that players aren't wearing (usually the 58+ or 60). I would suggest trying to speak to a contact from the team stores to see if they will sell you a 2.0 at the cost of a retail indo-edge.

I know that the Canucks last year during the playoff run when they made the final and wouldn't need any new jerseys sold off all of the 2.0's at the same pricing.

Thanks to all who have researched this and gotten the info. In summary.....it stinks. One more factor pushing me to gamers.

I still can't believe that they can't make extra 2.0's and sell to the interested public. I also can't believe that a 2.0 can't be produced (even using Canadian labor) that can be sold for less than $300. Really? In a factory setting, some fabric, sewing machines that are already sewn, some labor adds up to over $200 PER JERSEY just to produce? Really?

Yikes.

I just confirmed that the Hershey Bears of the AHL are selling Edge 2.0 7287 jerseys for retail again this year. So at least this seasons new jerseys arent totally ruined for me.

But that's the way it always has been for the AHL. They only made what the teams wore on ice. So when the teams switched to 2.0, the entire production went that way. I posted pictures a few years back of a Monsters' 2.0 when they switched. Lake Erie is currently selling the 2011 version of the black third jersey in the 2.0 made in Canada. I would imagine that this would hold true for other leagues such as the OHL, QMJHL, and the WHL which wear the Edge jerseys.

I highly doubt it costs more than $30-50/jersey (unlettered, including labor/utilities) to be made in Canada.

Actually I do believe it. The pro jerseys are literally made by hand, so they are very labor intensive. To switch to overseas using "cheaper" material and a more automated line would be a substantial savings to Reebok.

Actually I do believe it. The pro jerseys are literally made by hand, so they are very labor intensive. To switch to overseas using "cheaper" material and a more automated line would be a substantial savings to Reebok.

I'd still be shocked if it costs more than $50. There is no way. They buy in extreme bulk and pay minimum wage. There is no way MGG would be able to sell jerseys for $75 if it costs more than $50 to make a jersey. Reebok is not losing money, nor is the NHL team that purchased the jersey, and neither would MGG.

So is Reebok officially the laughing stock of sports? I really hope Nike gets an exclusive contract in the near future, I certainly wouldn't mind owning more of their jerseys.

So is Reebok officially the laughing stock of sports? I really hope Nike gets an exclusive contract in the near future, I certainly wouldn't mind owning more of their jerseys.

who says they wouldnt do the same. but with them it will be china.