The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

Good work guys. I am not sure if anyone mentioned it but I think that Reebok could up their numbers in the sale of authentics by retailing the 2.0's. Once I bought my first CCM authentic I was no longer interested in replicas and was willing to put out the cash to get the next one because I knew it was a quality product.

Keep up the good work gentlemen. WE WILL WIN!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plain and simple, the Edge 2.0 jerseys are hand made items, with bigger labor and material costs. To move production overseas, use more automation in production, and use less expensive materials most likely lowers the costs by as much as 80% or more. Very few textile products are made in North America anymore. So for Reebok to save 80% or more in costs they will more than gladly take some small criticism by a small vocal minority if it means that they can come to the market place with a less expensive "authentic" jersey and make a much greater profit. As a collector, I hate Reebok and what they have done to jerseys in all the leagues that they have the contract for. And I have basically stopped buying jerseys over the past 4 years. But when you look at it from a business standpoint, what they are doing makes sense. And at the end of the day, that's exactly what this is for them. A business.

Can you cite an authority for the assertion that NHL game jerseys (i.e., Edge 2.0) are "hand made"--I doubt the sleeves are sewn to the body of jersey by one individual seamstress. I don't even think Majestic would do this for MLB game jerseys. It is too labor intensive and not cost-effective. Thanks.

Go to NHL.shop.com and write bad reviews for all the indo-edge jerseys on the site. I just wrote one for the new Predators white jersey. If we flood the site with bad reviews less people will buy the jerseys. Do the same on any other site that allows reviews of the jerseys.

Well heres great big time news....I send all my jerseys to Stitches here in New Jersey and i just spoke to Andrew, the President of the company and he has a message up on their home page and on their Facebook saying they are not carrying the indo-edge. I think this is awesome and a huge step in the right direction.

Heres the message....Welcome.

Due to Reebok's production of the 2011-12 Authentic NHL jersey in Indonesia, as well as the reduced quality of the product, Stitches NJ will ONLY be carrying the Canadian made jersey. All orders will be filled with Canadian made EDGE 1.0's.

This is the URL to Stitches website >>>>>http://www.stitchesnj.com/default.asp

I really don't think it is a good idea to be posting about MeiGray's $75 jerseys on Reebok's website...

Gotta respect Stitches NJ for taking a stand. Sure they are a small company, but at least they care!

Not on this garbage...

I also sent an email to the Puck Daddy to see if he could put together a blog post educating people on the Indo-Edge atrocity.

They have some nice stuff in that store lol. I would be "F*** Ree...ZOMG look at that Isles hoodie! That tshirt! Hat! 1.0s!!!". I would love to sit in the NHL store, but I am too weak.

Due to Reebok's production of the 2011-12 Authentic NHL jersey in Indonesia, as well as the reduced quality of the product, Stitches NJ will ONLY be carrying the Canadian made jersey. All orders will be filled with Canadian made EDGE 1.0's.

That is awesome. Hopefully other retailers *cough* IJ *cough* will take a stand as well. Otherwise I'll just have to send all my business to Stitches.

Sorry if this was mentioned previously, but doesn't Reebok do the same thing with the NFL jerseys? The team issued and gamers are made in Berlin WI and the pro authentics that are available at retail are made in Vietnam if I remember correctly. The only difference is that the NFL authentic at retail more closely resembles the gamers. I have both and the only difference is that the gamers are individually tailored to the player and sometimes have reinforcment stitching in the shoulder pad area. For the most part the materials are identical.

So why cant they do the same with the NHL hockey jerseys even if they are produced in a different country?

Sorry if this was mentioned previously, but doesn't Reebok do the same thing with the NFL jerseys. The team issued and gamers are made in Berlin WI and the pro authentics that are available at retail are made in Vietnam if I remember correctly. The only difference is that the NFL authentic at retail more closely resembles the gamers. I have both and the only difference is that the gamers are individually tailored to the player and sometimes have reinforcment stitching in the shoulder pad area. For the most part the materials are identical.

So why cant they do the same with the NHL hockey jerseys even if they are produced in a different country?

I agree. IMHO this "replica" aspect of the retail authentic serves only to ENHANCE the value and uniqueness of true gamers purchased from outlets like MeiGray and reputable sports auction houses. One note though, Rob77ta, the Korean NFL retail authentics differ from the Rippon Berlin WI gamers in at least one other way. The Rbk vector logo on the sleeves are actually patches that are stitched onto the Berlin, WI gamers. On the Korean retail authentic, the Rbk vector logo is simply direct-embroidered into the fabric. Also, the Berlin, WI gamers will have a white year and size neck label sewn inside the jersey (kinda like how the NHL gamers do NOT have an inside the neck label). HOPE THIS HELPS!

(In response to Puckboy)

I agree and you are right on both points. Sorry I forgot to mention those aspects. But for the most part, I believe they use the same dazzle and mesh materials.

Why can't Reebok send all of the 2.0 materials to Indonesia? They would still save coin in the production aspect.

If Indonesia could produce a quality version of the 2.0 they would sell IMO.

Just an idea that I'm throwing out there...Since so many of us our facebook users, why don't we create a page about the Indo-Edge's explaining the differences between them and 2.0's and why not to buy them? Try to create more awareness in the hockey community and not just the jersey collecting community.

I was thinking of something similar (although I'm not a facebooker or whatever you kids call yourselves). I want something that could pull some of the various jersey communities online together (hfboards, sportslogos.net, jerseycentral, icethetics, puckdrawn, and of course IJ) to a common place to spread the word and educate about the problems with the Indo-Edge.

I thought the solution would be to build an actual site - but perhaps a facebook page would be better. I would want it to not just be ranting - multiple posts about how Reebok sucks or that this is all Gary Bettman's fault - but include a lot of background information on the history of the Edge 1.0 vs 2.0 vs Indo. Post the stats from the MeiGray reports and the detailed comparison pics we have. Feature/promote retailers like Stitches (and hopefully others) who refuse to sell the Indo-Edge.

That way when/if PuckDaddy or THN etc. pick up on it, the idea would seem more credible, more of an actual issue than just some whiny jersey nerds/snobs complaining about everything.

PM me your name if you want to be an Admin. I'll take 5 to help out.

Wait. Should it be a group or a page? I made a group. We could do a page if that makes more sense.

You lousy kids with your Facebook and your make-out parties....

You can even be an admin too, senor cranky pants ;)

Page is better: https://www.facebook.com/AntiIndoEdge

I stole a very unflattering Canucks picture posted earlier here, if I can't use it, someone yell at me. I don't have any other pics to use.

Dammit, you guys pick. I don't know what's better. You can "like" a page, but a group will always appear on your left side. You guys tell me.

(In response to Puckboy)

I agree and you are right on both points. Sorry I forgot to mention those aspects. But for the most part, I believe they use the same dazzle and mesh materials.

Why can't Reebok send all of the 2.0 materials to Indonesia? They would still save coin in the production aspect.

If Indonesia could produce a quality version of the 2.0 they would sell IMO.

Ya i have a game worn Raiders jersey and Eagles and they are the same exact materials and fonts as the retail authentics. As Puckboy mentioned the one difference, even though small, is the vector logo on the sleeves and neck tagging.

If anyone wants to be an admin, let me know. Also I ask again, is a page or a group more effective? With a group, you can send mass emails and what not. Plus you can see all the members, and see your membership on the left of your page.