The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

Jay, we don't wanna hear about you going into your closet to play with stretch mesh. That's just......well, odd.

:D

I think I'll leave that one alone before we get into trouble with the site admins. I hear the site admins have class. :D :D :D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to mention that I was in the store at MSG on Saturday and they had the new "Authentic" jerseys in stock. My god they are awful... I won't be buying one. I'd rather wait and see if MGG gets blanks after the season, or if they change the jerseys again next season with some backlash from fans.

Given that the vector edge 2.0 are no longer being made or used anymore, how many other size 54 islander alternate 2.0's are out there? Anybody else on here have one? I'm thinking this will be a very rare jersey

Meigray had a bunch a while ago of the 3rd jersey..give them a call

So what's everyones take on rookie jerseys this year...? I've been thinking of a Landeskog since they announced he'd be on the roster this year... now I don't know what to do as I doubt I could afford a gamer and waiting to see if meigray has blanks at the end of te year seems dubious at best.

f-ing reebok... :(

So what's everyones take on rookie jerseys this year...? I've been thinking of a Landeskog since they announced he'd be on the roster this year... now I don't know what to do as I doubt I could afford a gamer and waiting to see if meigray has blanks at the end of te year seems dubious at best.

f-ing reebok... :(

landeskogs jerseys are already sold :(

I'd rather wait and see if MGG gets blanks after the season

MeiGray would only have blanks of the teams currently in their program and sadly the numbers are dwindling. For us Rangers fans we are at the mercy of Steiner so we're basically screwed.

Speaking of, I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who had inquired about Callahan's first home-worn captains' jersey. He told me that they quoted him $2,000 for it. TWO-THOUSAND DOLLARS. His previous jerseys had retailed somewhere in the $995 to $1195 range. So, because there's a C on the chest now, the value doubles? That's ridiculous. I wonder what they're selling Lundqvist's jerseys for. $5,000 maybe? I wouldn't be that surprised.

I was told by Steiner yesterday that they don't take preorders, so if you're looking for Rangers you might be out of luck. I can give you the email adds of the guy I talked to though, if you want, and he said he would call me when the next ones come in. Related to that, the Rangers must be wearing about 10 sets of jerseys this year, since they just got the first sets in the other day (or so I was told) and are anticipating the next set at the end of this month or early December. Don't most teams only wear 3 sets, and is this just Steiner trying to profit as much as possible, or do all teams wear that many?

Yeah, I'll take an email for somebody, thanks. In the past, or recent memory, I thought the Rangers wore 3 sets, but why do I feel like I saw a team, maybe Columbus, that wore like 7 or 8 sets of jerseys, if that's even possible?

Yeah, I'll take an email for somebody, thanks. In the past, or recent memory, I thought the Rangers wore 3 sets, but why do I feel like I saw a team, maybe Columbus, that wore like 7 or 8 sets of jerseys, if that's even possible?

Not Columbus, they only do two to three sets a year.

After I win the $245,000,000 in the Powerball Loto tonight I'll buy Reebok's hockey division and make real jerseys. I'll also :check: whoever is responsible for the indo-edge jerseys.

Krendel, go for it! Remember us little people :D

I will gladly accept the following postion(s):

-Chief Financial Officer of the Hockey Division

-Chief Executive Officer " "

-Chief Marketing Officer " "

-Chief Operating Officer " "

-Executive President " "

-Quality Control/Product testing (obvioulsy for an 8 figure salary)

Speaking of, I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who had inquired about Callahan's first home-worn captains' jersey. He told me that they quoted him $2,000 for it. TWO-THOUSAND DOLLARS. His previous jerseys had retailed somewhere in the $995 to $1195 range. So, because there's a C on the chest now, the value doubles? That's ridiculous. I wonder what they're selling Lundqvist's jerseys for. $5,000 maybe? I wouldn't be that surprised.

Funny you should mention that, cause I just got an email that quoted me about THREE THOUSAND, with Lundqvist going around 4, and Richards going around 6. Maybe when it comes time for me to get something your friend can get it for me instead seeing as he has a thousand dollar discount compared to me, somehow.

Having more than one person interested in a jersey (i.e. receiving emails about the same player from multiple people in a short time) is in Steiner's favor. They are in it to make money...they can ask for more if there is a greater demand.

According to Steiner they won't be getting any team issued jerseys this year either, so it's gamers or nothing, meaning there is no cheap way to get a 2.0 with a wordmark. The cheapest jerseys they had when they emailed me were $775, and the only one that was cheaper than that at all was Biron's, which sold for $525, because he didn't play and the set was from Sweden.

No, they use the standard NHL shield. The only time they use the French version is when they do something team-specific like a patch or an event logo.

Solid stuff on the whole history of the EDGE debacle from Teebz at Hockey Blog in Canada today.