The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

Good heads up

I did screw up a baseball jersey a couple of years ago with an iron. I had sucessfully done it 2x before. Not the 3rd time...

Never again...

My only mishap was with a blow dryer :unsure:

Is the "REEBOK" a patch or is it directly sewn into the fabric of the jersey? If it's a patch, is the patch just heat pressed onto the jersey or is it sewn on?

On the replicas, it is a patch that is heat pressed. On gamers, it is a sewn on patch. On IndoEdge I think it is just a heat-pressed patch.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the "REEBOK" a patch or is it directly sewn into the fabric of the jersey? If it's a patch, is the patch just heat pressed onto the jersey or is it sewn on?

The black ice jerseys are basically premiers so I would assume heat pressed patch or embroidery

Question. I ordered a Size 60 2.0 from MGG and they sent me a 58+ and told me it was the same thing and they don't make 60s anymore. I don't believe them... but can it be true?

Im pretty sure the 2.0s biggest size is a 58+ while 60 is the biggest size for 1.0s

Maybe those are 60 cause they are retail, but team issued jerseys don't go past 58+?

As others stated, my understand was for game issued, that 58+ replaced 60 when they came out with the Edge 2.0s. I know they still retail 60s, but until the Jets and recent All-Star jerseys there were no retail 2.0s in the NHL (obviously AHL was different).

Jay (burnabyjoesakic) may have some insight into this. I know he's done some comparisons of 58+ vs 60 before with his Avs jerseys. If I recall they almost the same size, so unless the number bugs you, you probably have the same size jersey.

Well it's not for me, it's for a friend. I know for a fact that they just got a jersey from Cosbys in a size 60, so I told them I'd get them one and the 2.0 I got came in at 58+. I just assumed that 58+ meant it was a 58 but with longer arms or longer body, but not necessarily wider. If it fits the same as a 60 retail then I'm sure the number won't matter.

The 60 1.0s and the 58+ 2.0s fit very differently. The 58+ 2.0s are a little wider and have way shorter arms than the retail 60 (1.0s.) That I do know. And MeiGray knows their stuff. I'm not sure why anyone would doubt what they have to say.

This is typical Reebok confusion though because what they do doesn't make a whole lot of sense. This is what I know.

When only 1.0s were available there was a size 60 retail. I have 2007 and 2009 all-star retails size 60. Once the 2.0s came out Reebok replaced the 1.0 60 with the size of 58+ for some reason. I distinctly remember seeing 58+ on a retail site and thought 2.0 right away, but that wouldn't have made sense back then, or now (except for a few team's exceptions.) I also know that I've never seen a size 60 in a 2.0 when it comes to an NHL jersey. Even Zdeno Chara wears a jersey that's tagged as a 58+, and it's obviously modified so it fits him. If there was anyone that would wear a 60 it would be him.

As far as size 60 2.0s being available for retail for AHL teams, I know that's true too based on brandon's link as well as all the great information we all get from rabinsurance regarding Lake Erie's retail options.

I hope that helps CJ. Sorry for the Reebok mess. They're very confusing, but we knew that already.

Just a look at a disgusting NHL Shop custom job on a new indo-edge jersey. Read the description, and look at all the pictures. Terrible stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Rangers-17-Brandon-Dubinsky-Authentic-Heritage-Jersey-/270850418989?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f0ff1692d

Just a look at a disgusting NHL Shop custom job on a new indo-edge jersey. Read the description, and look at all the pictures. Terrible stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Rangers-17-Brandon-Dubinsky-Authentic-Heritage-Jersey-/270850418989?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f0ff1692d

The nameplate and numbers don't fit properly because the jersey is a size 46. What are they talking about when they say the front letters are only pressed, they looked stitched to me and the reason there is excess felt on the inisde of the jersey is because the customization was embroiderd on.

I've seen much worse from NHL.com but I think the seller needs to educate themselves a little more.

The nameplate and numbers don't fit properly because the jersey is a size 46. What are they talking about when they say the front letters are only pressed, they looked stitched to me and the reason there is excess felt on the inisde of the jersey is because the customization was embroiderd on.

I've seen much worse from NHL.com but I think the seller needs to educate themselves a little more.

I fully agree with you. I think the seller's description along with 0 feedback they are going to lose a lot of money on that jersey.

I think what probably happened is that the person who bought/ordered the jersey from NHLshop made a list of things wrong with it and gave it to the Ebay seller to put in the auction listing. Some miscommunication followed and it should have read the REEBOK letters on the back are just heat-pressed, not sewn on.

BTW did anyone see the opening of the Flyers vs. Bolts game on VS last night? Anywho, during the pre-game ceremonies they honored a war vet. He was wearing a Premier Bolts jersey. When he turned to go back up the tunnel after the ceremony the REEBOK word mark was visible in comparison to the players' jerseys. On the players' jerseys the wordmark appeared smaller (the patch is 1" x 3.5" on gamers). On the Premier the letters were direct-embroidered and looked substantially larger. Does anyone have a screen cap or link to video?

The 60 1.0s and the 58+ 2.0s fit very differently. The 58+ 2.0s are a little wider and have way shorter arms than the retail 60 (1.0s.) That I do know. And MeiGray knows their stuff. I'm not sure why anyone would doubt what they have to say.

This is typical Reebok confusion though because what they do doesn't make a whole lot of sense. This is what I know.

When only 1.0s were available there was a size 60 retail. I have 2007 and 2009 all-star retails size 60. Once the 2.0s came out Reebok replaced the 1.0 60 with the size of 58+ for some reason. I distinctly remember seeing 58+ on a retail site and thought 2.0 right away, but that wouldn't have made sense back then, or now (except for a few team's exceptions.) I also know that I've never seen a size 60 in a 2.0 when it comes to an NHL jersey. Even Zdeno Chara wears a jersey that's tagged as a 58+, and it's obviously modified so it fits him. If there was anyone that would wear a 60 it would be him.

As far as size 60 2.0s being available for retail for AHL teams, I know that's true too based on brandon's link as well as all the great information we all get from rabinsurance regarding Lake Erie's retail options.

I hope that helps CJ. Sorry for the Reebok mess. They're very confusing, but we knew that already.

Jay, you could write a doctorate on the Edge 1.0/2.0. Great post.

I just checked tonight and they do sell size 60 in the current AHL 2.0. Lake Erie is selling their third jersey, with the "Reebok" label and without the "M" logo on the left shoulder (gamers have a 5th anniversary patch on them). In the AHL jerseys, I've never seen a 58+.