The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

Let me get this correct. All retail authentics for this season are made in Indonesia?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that is very disappointing. There goes any chance of me buying a new Bolts road jersey. Good job Reebok

Such a joke. The Canes shop at the RBC center still had last years, no indos, so I couldn't really compare to my authentics. Best thing that could happen Is reebok loses the license.

Even if nothing changes on reeboks side in response to our complaining, the NHl has got to notice the complaints.

Such a joke. The Canes shop at the RBC center still had last years, no indos, so I couldn't really compare to my authentics. Best thing that could happen Is reebok loses the license.

Even if nothing changes on reeboks side in response to our complaining, the NHl has got to notice the complaints.

I wish they just added the Indo Edge as new jersey option. Like in between the Premier and the Authentic's, and Just kept making the 1.0's I really wanted to buy one of the new gold Nashville Predators authentic jersey's. Unfortunately, since they are new to the season the Indo Edge is the only (Authentic) version they made. There are no 1.0's at all. Im am hoping there is a way I can Possible talk the people who work for the Predators into letting me buy a blank 2.0 though their reebok supplier in Canada. Has anyone heard of team's doing that or have any of you tried that? I talked to a Reebok Canada rep, and he said that It could potentially be done if I went through the team or a authorized Reebok supplier? It would probably be really easy for it to actually happen as long as the team is ok with it. Or am I totally wrong? I would think that me trying to get them to order a single blank team 2.0 VS a Authentic player 2.0, that I would have a better chance? Any of you guys have any input / advise for me getting one of these jersey's? I'm new to all this.

Edited by steezyb

To go directly through the supplier, you'll prolly pay out the a$$ and thats if they let you do it. You could ask at the team store, but they likely wont have much info for you. Staff in stores think what they have is exactly what is on the ice.

I guees not, but the title alone "equipment manager" sends chills down my spine, and you talk about doing Favors for jerseys....... :o ........Damm you Reebok, look how low we have to go.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :unsure:

Well, I have read this thread and I am still not sure about how many different Edge jerseys there is. I would really appreciate if someone could answer the questions below:

Edge 1.0 - produced between which years?

Edge 2.0 - produced between which years?

Edge jersey made in Indonesia? Edge 1.0 or 2.0?

Edge jerseys with NHL EA08 Tag - are they always Reebok 1.0? Why were there a NHL EA08 tags and why was it removed?

With the new Indonesia jerseys, are there 3 different Reebok Edges or are there more?

---

At last, quality wise, should one always prefer to have a 1.0 instead of the 2.0?

Or is the opposite?

Well, I have read this thread and I am still not sure about how many different Edge jerseys there is. I would really appreciate if someone could answer the questions below:

Edge 1.0 - produced between which years?

Edge 2.0 - produced between which years?

Edge jersey made in Indonesia? Edge 1.0 or 2.0?

Edge jerseys with NHL EA08 Tag - are they always Reebok 1.0? Why were there a NHL EA08 tags and why was it removed?

With the new Indonesia jerseys, are there 3 different Reebok Edges or are there more?

---

At last, quality wise, should one always prefer to have a 1.0 instead of the 2.0?

Or is the opposite?

Ok, *cracks knuckles*

Edge 1.0's are the original retail versions, and basically the main retail version. The NHL 08 tags are nothing to worry about, they were just there to say "Hey, look, they're in this game."

The only Edge 2.0's available at retail (I believe) are last year's all star jerseys and the new Jets jerseys.

Indo Edge's started this year and are poop. Basically indo-Edge's are retail Edge's with a Reebok word mark, so you'll only see this year's jerseys with the wordmark in Indo Edge. They're not 1's or 2's, hence the indo-edge title.

Most people prefer the 2.0's because they're better quality (1's snag very easily) and they're baggier. I prefer the 1's only due to the 2.0's wizard sleeves, but there's no arguing the 2's are better quality.

Ok, *cracks knuckles*

Edge 1.0's are the original retail versions, and basically the main retail version. The NHL 08 tags are nothing to worry about, they were just there to say "Hey, look, they're in this game."

The only Edge 2.0's available at retail (I believe) are last year's all star jerseys and the new Jets jerseys.

Indo Edge's started this year and are poop. Basically indo-Edge's are retail Edge's with a Reebok word mark, so you'll only see this year's jerseys with the wordmark in Indo Edge. They're not 1's or 2's, hence the indo-edge title.

Most people prefer the 2.0's because they're better quality (1's snag very easily) and they're baggier. I prefer the 1's only due to the 2.0's wizard sleeves, but there's no arguing the 2's are better quality.

To add a little to this.

The 1.0's were originally worn on the ice by all the teams at the start of the '07-'08 season also. MANY players complained about them so during the second half of the '07-'08 season the 2.0's were introduced. Almost all players now wear the 2.0 jerseys. The 1.0's all have the Reebok Vector on the back of the jersey at the neck. I believe that Reebok no longer makes 1.0's for retail.

The indo-edge have never and will never be worn on the ice, they would fall apart if pro's tried to play hockey in them. The indo-crap all have the Reebok word mark on the back of the neck.

Ok, *cracks knuckles*

Thanks for the reply.

So basicly, the only Edge version EVER available in retail shops is the 1.0, correct? There is no difference between the first ones with the EA2008 tag and the ones of last season?

I thought there had been a 1.0 and then the rest were 2.0 but I understand I was totally wrong now.

I recently bought 8 x Pittsburgh Penguins Reebok Edge from last season when they sold them out for 149 USD apiece. In hindsight, that was a good buy

considering they now have switched to the Indigo Edge?

But why all the talk about 2.0 if they are not available to the public?