The EDGE 2.0 thread

akteon

The Isles are being auctioned off on NHL.com. Opening bid is $300 I think. Those that aren't sold will try to be sold at the NVMC (thats how I got my DiPietro!).

Heading out to the Mausoleaum on Friday for the game against the Devils. Where do they sell the game used jerseys? Do they have the Indo Edges, I have not seen one in person yet.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Coli sells replicas only. The game used stand is right outside the team store, however, I don't know how many "current" home/road jerseys are available. A royal Moulson for $350 and Sim navy for $75 might be the only ones of value left.

So here is something quite interesting, Jersey Express is listing up 2012 jerseys (authentics) with some made in Indonesia (Caps 3rd http://www.jerseyexpress.com/featured/new-2012-reebok-premier-washington-capitals-alternate-third-jersey.html) and some made in Canada (Pens & Red Wings http://www.jerseyexpress.com/featured/reebok-edge-authentic-pittsburgh-penguins-home-jersey.html http://www.jerseyexpress.com/featured/reebok-edge-authentic-detroit-red-wings-home-jersey.html)

I'm going to give them a ring when they open and see if they can shed some light on it. Also if you notice they have the Jets jerseys in now for $189 (most other 2012 jerseys are $189 as well)

I really hope at least the Jets is 2.0 cause I have one on the way but curious about the rest

Yup! I'm calling today to verify they are 2.0 if not I'm cancelling my order

Actually even less, they have a 10% off holiday promo on orders above $150

http://www.jerseyexpress.com/holiday-sale

The Caps you linked is a Premier not an Authentic. I quickly went through nearly all of the teams on their site and all of the 2012 Authentics say "Made in Canada" while the 2012 Premiers all say "Made in Indonesia".

Honestly aside from the Jets, I've yet to see anyone find 2012 Authentics that aren't Indo-Edge. Believe me I'd love it if it were true. I'm just worried that for most teams Indo-Edge is all RBK is giving them to sell.

Well just got off the phone with them and it's a cluster f**k...they told me in January when they went to place an order the vendor said they don't fill orders anymore (Canada based) as Reebok/CCM no longer has a Canada license deal. All 2012 jerseys they have seen so far have been Indo-edges the website hasn't been updated yet. They do NOT have any Jets jersey (authentic) in stock but yet it's on their website. They are emailing their current supplier to find out specifics about the Jets to see if it's at least Canada made and when to expect them. They where under the impression even the on-ice jerseys where being made the same (indo-edge) which isn't true. So I guess it's a wait game now, they are closed tomorrow and Friday so if they don't get back to me today it will be Monday.

Would you rather have an authentic 1.0 or an indo 2.0? EP emailed me back basically saying that people who have bought game worns and stripped them and re customized them are in jail now (LOL)

I have an email from them months ago where they told me I'd be getting an edge 1.0 and of course I ended up with an indo edge. Trying to decide whether or not I should press the issue.

I would take a 1.0 because it's the last real on ice jersey offered to the public. Even thought it bombed on the ice for game use, I would still take one. But if offered a game worn air-knit edge over a 1.0 I would take the gamer any day. Save the 1.0 for the future.

How do they differ in appearance?

The 1.0 vs the Indo? I haven't seen an Indo in person but the cut of the jersey looks to be about the same. However, the stitching seemed to be poor quality all around, and the fight strap stitching was particularly ugly.

So another interesting thing to note, I noticed on my Jets that it doesn't have the extra stitch line going across the fight strap that my game issue and Selanne 2.0 have...that being said my QMJHL jersey don't have that either, maybe it's a retail thing since the Jets is a retail with the next tag?

Jets:

P1020696.jpg

Game issue for reference

P1020651.jpg

^ I've encountered the same thing. The double-stitched (double-reinforced?) twill block only seems to be on jerseys made for the players. Many players probably need that double-stitched fight strap on the ice.

Edit: And this only seems to appear on team-issue Edge 2.0 jerseys.

I'm new to this forum..... I am a Nashville Predators fan. The Predators Just started using their new Gold Home jersey this season. I Saw the Authentic jerseys being sold at the Predators Arena and they were the Indo's. I could immediately tell they looked inferior in the stitching on the front logo, since I own a 2010 Predators Authentic Third Jersey. But like others on here have said... the Staff tried to assure me that it was (Authentic). Is their any hope that Reebok will start making the retail Authentic Jerseys in Canada? These Indo's do not look like they are worth the price Reebok is asking let alone being classified as Authentic. Since this is the first season with the new Predators Gold Jersey I assume the Indo Authentic is the only available style? No Canadian 1.0?