DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That would be our very own CJ Matthews. I was gonna go for it but I doubt I'd fit in a 48 and obviously I'm not gonna bid against him cause that doesn't help either of us.

I believe Gretzky didnt wear CCM for the Rangers though. Just starter?

You are correct sir. It's a strip job, but for 60 bucks shipped it's still totally worth it.

God ###### 48's! They are all over the place!

What's with all the great deals on the size 48's the past few weeks?!?

That a great deal IMO.

Here's a Rendez-Vous that appears to be brand new for $19.99 that didn't sell. If anyone's interested, drop the seller a line and pick that up!! -

http://cgi.ebay.ca/w...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Buy one of those replica patches, have it done up as Gretz or Lemieux, or whoever your favorite player was, and you'll have a very nice display piece.

I ran into a guy in person who was wearing a Jonathan Toews gamer from his freshman year with North Dakota. I asked him how much he'd sell it for and he said $5000...doesn't sound like a half bad price to be honest. There are only 7 college gamers of his in existence, and one of those is a one-game wonder. Another was worn maybe 3-4 times at most. Also, Toews himself has one (I believe his home white from his sophomore year with the A). So, in reality, there are 6 college gamers of his available, and two of those are barely worn...the one I saw was neither of the barely worn ones. Considering everything, there are really only 4 quality gamers of his out there. If you compare to the value of his Blackhawks gamers, which he wears at least 10 of each season alone, that makes his Sioux gamers quite rare...then throw in the fact that it's a Sioux gamer, and the value increases even more (when comparing to the value of gamers from other colleges).

What do you gamer experts think on the $5000 price tag? Like I said, I didn't that it was half bad.

I ran into a guy in person who was wearing a Jonathan Toews gamer from his freshman year with North Dakota. I asked him how much he'd sell it for and he said $5000...doesn't sound like a half bad price to be honest. There are only 7 college gamers of his in existence, and one of those is a one-game wonder. Another was worn maybe 3-4 times at most. Also, Toews himself has one (I believe his home white from his sophomore year with the A). So, in reality, there are 6 college gamers of his available, and two of those are barely worn...the one I saw was neither of the barely worn ones. Considering everything, there are really only 4 quality gamers of his out there. If you compare to the value of his Blackhawks gamers, which he wears at least 10 of each season alone, that makes his Sioux gamers quite rare...then throw in the fact that it's a Sioux gamer, and the value increases even more (when comparing to the value of gamers from other colleges).

What do you gamer experts think on the $5000 price tag? Like I said, I didn't that it was half bad.

Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews gamers cost 10k a piece at the Blackhawks store...

The guy needs to be smacked for wearing a Toews game-worn jersey out of the house.

See, this is what I don't get. What's the point then? To look at it? Gah...I want to wear my jerseys. Kids today...

Well, let's look at it another way then. You just paid six grand for a game-worn hockey jersey of your favorite player and current NHL superstar/Stanley Cup captain(hehehehehehe). Then, you wear it to the game....only to have some drunken toolbox knuckle-scraper bump into you with his tray full of hot dogs and nachos. Now, you've got a nice yellow stain on the chest that won't come out with a pressure washer. So, your jersey just went from being worth close to eight-thousand dollars to about twenty bucks in one fell swoop! YAY!

I can see wearing scrub jerseys to games and around in. But not the big boys. They stay at home where it's safe and clean.

I understand that, I just haven't caught the game-worn bug yet thankfully. To me, it's an expensive poster. I'm sure if I'm loaded I'll buy some haha. And if you want to make nacho stains accurate, just buy a Kyle Wellwood jersey, I'm sure his are already covered.

Hahaha yea but it'd be worth more since they'd be from Giroux. They both wear a 52, as well! Oh boy.

And I love that evolution of Wellwood. Good game, too.

Well, let's look at it another way then. You just paid six grand for a game-worn hockey jersey of your favorite player and current NHL superstar/Stanley Cup captain(hehehehehehe). Then, you wear it to the game....only to have some drunken toolbox knuckle-scraper bump into you with his tray full of hot dogs and nachos. Now, you've got a nice yellow stain on the chest that won't come out with a pressure washer. So, your jersey just went from being worth close to eight-thousand dollars to about twenty bucks in one fell swoop! YAY!

I can see wearing scrub jerseys to games and around in. But not the big boys. They stay at home where it's safe and clean.

But that jersey will make the stains better because it has intangibles.