DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

Thanks man. Let me know how you like yours when you get it. I know it wasn't exactly a "steal" or a great deal @ $175, but with free shipping and a blank I couldn't resist. Hell it sure beats paying $300 for a blank. :lol:

Ya i cant wait until mine gets here.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well since you're a Caps fan and your bias may come in to play, there's still no question that was a hit to the head AND a blind side hit. I HIGHLY DOUBT you would be happy if this happened to Ovie or Semin. You'd be "breaking hell" on this forum too, crying about how the league doesn't protect its star players. If Steckel really had any balls at all, he'd contact Crosby himself and NOT through Deryk Engelland to say he's "sorry". What a pu**y. :blush:

Just to let you know I'm not a Caps fan. "Breaking hell" what is that supposed to mean? Anyways we should get back to jerseys.

Edit: This Ovechkin 2.0 Winter Classic jersey is ending in a couple hours and I'm surprised that nobody took a bid on it.

My link

Just to let you know I'm not a Caps fan. "Breaking hell" what is that supposed to mean? Anyways we should get back to jerseys.

Edit: This Ovechkin 2.0 Winter Classic jersey is ending in a couple hours and I'm surprised that nobody took a bid on it.

My link

He wont post to New Zealand otherwise i'd be all over it :(

My link

Yeah I've got my eyes on that one...

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/yrk/clt/2253215872.html

I would make a play for the Avs jerseys but 56 is too big for me. I should have mentioned there is more than just Avs jerseys.

I got in touch with this guy and asked him for pics and prices for a bunch of his jerseys. He told me he tried to send pics but the server bounced them back. Sounds fishy. Anyone else get a similar message from him? I don't know if I want to take a chance. Could be a way to make some quick cash for him too.

I got in touch with this guy and asked him for pics and prices for a bunch of his jerseys. He told me he tried to send pics but the server bounced them back. Sounds fishy. Anyone else get a similar message from him? I don't know if I want to take a chance. Could be a way to make some quick cash for him too.

I got a message from him too, told me that the jersey I enquired about had a bid So if I wanted it I had to offer over $100.

He did however attach pics, which were of a 96/97 Avs White Starter, not a cup jersey, so I'll pass.

I sent him an email and haven't heard anything back yet. Sounds fishy to me also.

I could be wrong, but didn't the Sabres bring back those whites for the last home game of the 03-04 season?

You are correct sir, they busted out the old blue and gold for the final regular season game.

But they did not have the number at the front chest, here's a gamer: My link

So you could get a lot of players on the jersey and be accurate, albeit with an asterisk.

I think it's odd they basically used retail versions: notice the interior neck tag.

You are correct sir, they busted out the old blue and gold for the final regular season game.

But they did not have the number at the front chest, here's a gamer: My link

So you could get a lot of players on the jersey and be accurate, albeit with an asterisk.

I think it's odd they basically used retail versions: notice the interior neck tag.

What is the material used on yor gamer? The regular CCM vintage 550? or the heavy pro weight? I find it odd that they put a fight strap on a "vintage" marked jersey.

Don't forget though that, in addition to the actual Vintage program of BOS, MTL, EDM, NYR, LAK, VAN and STL, CCM DID produce pro Vintage jerseys for a lot of the older styles like Toronto, Winnipeg, Quebec, Pittsburgh and a lot of other teams' older stuff. It would definitely fit the bill if the Sabres just wore pro versions of their Vintage throwback for that game. If you look at some teams that have used throwbacks for retirement ceremonies and such, many times the old CCM Vintage jerseys are used. For example:

rscirca2008CCMVintageauthentic-vi.jpg

Worn during warm-ups on the night the Rangers retired Adam Graves' number 9. It even has the Vintage tag in the collar too like that Sabres one.

I got a message from him too, told me that the jersey I enquired about had a bid So if I wanted it I had to offer over $100.

He did however attach pics, which were of a 96/97 Avs White Starter, not a cup jersey, so I'll pass.

That's one of the problems with craigslist, the seller can say someone has a bid on it to jack up the price when in fact there is no bidder.

I would have passed on this as well if the seller told me about the bid and the pictures bouncing back?. I never had pictures "bounce back" when I sent them through e-mail and nor do I know anyone who had pictures *bounce back* on them. However, e-mails will bounce back if the e-mail address doesn't exist.

That's one of the problems with craigslist, the seller can say someone has a bid on it to jack up the price when in fact there is no bidder.

I would have passed on this as well if the seller told me about the bid and the pictures bouncing back?. I never had pictures "bounce back" when I sent them through e-mail and nor do I know anyone who had pictures *bounce back* on them. However, e-mails will bounce back if the e-mail address doesn't exist.

Yeh if an e-mail with attachments is too large to send it won't just send the text, bit odd that.

I got pics bit as I said they were of a different jersey he had listed. Sod that.

Hurry.......

*sarcasm*

if you go on the actual site the only good thing about it is the pic of the 3rd bulletin on the front page.

Daniel Brière never wore that style jersey. He played 2002-2007. During those years the only white jersey was the "Buffalo Slug". That looks like a Pre 1996 jersey.

He did wear that style sweater, it was a throw back. Good try though :)

Looks like everyone beat me to this one.

He did wear that style sweater, it was a throw back. Good try though :)

Looks like everyone beat me to this one.

Thanks everyone. This is why I love this site... a large knowledge base.

What is the material used on yor gamer? The regular CCM vintage 550? or the heavy pro weight? I find it odd that they put a fight strap on a "vintage" marked jersey.

disclaimer: that's not my gamer but I do hope to get one someday.

The material is standard CCM airknit, 6100 style jersey with fight strap, same as this: Sabres 6100 You can see from the gamer pics and Getty images that the front crests are the same one-piece twill with embroidery. As Brilliant alluded to, they just pulled them off the retail rack, customized them and wore them one game.

disclaimer: that's not my gamer but I do hope to get one someday.

The material is standard CCM airknit, 6100 style jersey with fight strap, same as this: Sabres 6100 You can see from the gamer pics and Getty images that the front crests are the same one-piece twill with embroidery. As Brilliant alluded to, they just pulled them off the retail rack, customized them and wore them one game.

Thanks, I was always under the impression that the CCM vintage jerseys were a lighter wieght fabric without the fight strap (i.e. 550 series)... Still so much to learn, thanks again!

Edited by domestique