DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

For those looking for an alternative to RCS's $150 Edge sale, there is potential here at this store called HockeyTron. They have a bricks and mortar store in Orange County. The owners claim to be the original owners of HockeyGiant.com (aka HockeyAttire.com aka HockeyOverstock.com, homes of the 6100 clearance sale a couple years ago) and started this new store. It happens to be on the same road as HG, but about 15 miles away.

They list Edge jerseys for $150, but it's the 2007-08 design lineup. I asked the contact Chris about newer jerseys. He said he only had what was listed there, but he could look into ordering anything I wanted. Maybe some other Edge buyers here can call or email these guys, or SoCal residents here can check out their store, get some more definite answers and report back.

(Yes, they show the Premier stock photos. They also sell Premiers for $90, so I'm certain they know what the differences are.)

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the difference between the 2007-2008 edge jerseys and the current ones?

Without traffic, I live about 45 minutes from there.

I will try to stop by sometime next week.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the difference between the 2007-2008 edge jerseys and the current ones?

NHL Uniforms is your friend. 2007-08 is the first season of the Edge era. Teams had their designs adapted to the new cut, some had a brand new identity. No alternates.

For example, the Rangers jersey didn't have the red triangle with the NHL shield on it near the laces, which, aside from those pictures being premier jerseys, would make them inaccurate.

For example, the Rangers jersey didn't have the red triangle with the NHL shield on it near the laces, which, aside from those pictures being premier jerseys, would make them inaccurate.

Yes they did - just check out the gamers on MeiGray. The Rangers home and away designs haven't changed at all since the switch to the Edge style.

As for HockeyTron, I wondered why I was suddenly getting e-mails from them. Seems they stole HockeyGiant's customer list, which is rather lame.

House of Hockey has some nice stuff, but they're kinda dicks. Still, I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on this one myself...all's I'm concerned about is whether the 54 will be way too huge on me, as I usually go for a 52 in EDGE 1.0 (Curiously, the 2.0 size 54 is perfect).

Just took advantage of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...RK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

:D

Nice, i was able to grab a size 56 customized for 210..Cant wait for it to arrive.

Yes they did - just check out the gamers on MeiGray. The Rangers home and away designs haven't changed at all since the switch to the Edge style.

As for HockeyTron, I wondered why I was suddenly getting e-mails from them. Seems they stole HockeyGiant's customer list, which is rather lame.

Matt and all...I believe the only change the Rangers have made in the Edge days, besides adding the alternates this season, was early in the Edge era. They decided to get rid of the "shaping" (higher hem on either side of the bottom of the jersey while being a bit longer on the front and the back) and switched back to the straight hem. The jerseys were still Edges of course, but they were the only team that decided to switch back to the bottom hem that was all one length. I liked that switch too.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct, sir. They altered that stupid hem even though the NHL threatened them with fines and the like for at least the first set. The 2.0's didn't have such a pronounced buttflap though obviously so once they transitioned to those, it wasn't necessary anymore. Other than though, no changes at all at MSG.

But that wasn't really a change to the design of the jersey, that was a team modification. They just hemmed the diaper tail. You can see it on the earlier blue gamers. It varied from player to player and jersey to jersey, the amount that was hemmed.

As Mike said they were threatened with fines from the league for it.

All of that aside, the original issue was if a retail Rangers Edge from 2007-08 was different from a retail Rangers Edge from 2010-11, and the answer is no, they are the same.

I am actually glad they did! They had some really nice deals this week. 50% of Nike Bauer sticks (they actually had a sr. righty in the XXV, but I don't need any more sticks lol), a lot of Rbk skates on sale, etc. They are clearancing stuff out and it is nice to know they are legit!

You are correct, sir. They altered that stupid hem even though the NHL threatened them with fines and the like for at least the first set. The 2.0's didn't have such a pronounced buttflap though obviously so once they transitioned to those, it wasn't necessary anymore. Other than though, no changes at all at MSG.

But that wasn't really a change to the design of the jersey, that was a team modification. They just hemmed the diaper tail. You can see it on the earlier blue gamers. It varied from player to player and jersey to jersey, the amount that was hemmed.

As Mike said they were threatened with fines from the league for it.

All of that aside, the original issue was if a retail Rangers Edge from 2007-08 was different from a retail Rangers Edge from 2010-11, and the answer is no, they are the same.

Same page Matt and Mike. Right on. I remember seeing the straight hem a few seasons ago at Pepsi Center and got really curious as to how they were able to make that modification.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCM-Pro-Buffalo-Sabres-Daniel-Briere-Jersey-52-NWT-/290544156436?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43a5c7ff14

The seller has a lot of fakes, ie. all the edge jerseys, but this one looks good to me and has a decent bin price to boot

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/yrk/clt/2253215872.html

I would make a play for the Avs jerseys but 56 is too big for me. I should have mentioned there is more than just Avs jerseys.

Edited by Forsberg4MVP

How can you tell the difference between a factory custom and one that's been purchased blank and lettered elsewhere? And why is one different/better than the other? Totally serious question.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/yrk/clt/2253215872.html

I would make a play for the Avs jerseys but 56 is too big for me. I should have mentioned there is more than just Avs jerseys.

how legit is this likley to be? I've never dealt with craiglists before (the London one is shite)

how legit is this likley to be? I've never dealt with craiglists before (the London one is shite)

I'm wondering the same thing. I just shot an email to the poster of the listing. I'll see if I get a legitimate-sounding reply back.

It's much like ebay where there will be authentics and fakes. I think the guy is legit tho cause he went into a bit more detail for certain jerseys for example "MINNESOTA WILD Home white, by pro player, size 56 (never worn in NHL)". You can probably ask him to take pictures of the jerseys your interested in and hope he does it and if not, don't risk it.

How can you tell the difference between a factory custom and one that's been purchased blank and lettered elsewhere? And why is one different/better than the other? Totally serious question.

Look at the 3rd pic. On the right side you can see the very left side of a NHLP tag that is on factory custom jerseys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CCM-Pro-Buffalo-Sabres-Daniel-Briere-Jersey-52-NWT-/290544156436?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43a5c7ff14

The seller has a lot of fakes, ie. all the edge jerseys, but this one looks good to me and has a decent bin price to boot

Daniel Brière never wore that style jersey. He played 2002-2007. During those years the only white jersey was the "Buffalo Slug". That looks like a Pre 1996 jersey.

Daniel Brière never wore that style jersey. He played 2002-2007. During those years the only white jersey was the "Buffalo Slug". That looks like a Pre 1996 jersey.

I could be wrong, but didn't the Sabres bring back those whites for the last home game of the 03-04 season?

Steckel is worse than one of my most hated players Kyle Wellwood.

Well since you're a Caps fan and your bias may come in to play, there's still no question that was a hit to the head AND a blind side hit. I HIGHLY DOUBT you would be happy if this happened to Ovie or Semin. You'd be "breaking hell" on this forum too, crying about how the league doesn't protect its star players. If Steckel really had any balls at all, he'd contact Crosby himself and NOT through Deryk Engelland to say he's "sorry". What a pu**y. :blush:

Nice, i was able to grab a size 56 customized for 210..Cant wait for it to arrive.

Thanks man. Let me know how you like yours when you get it. I know it wasn't exactly a "steal" or a great deal @ $175, but with free shipping and a blank I couldn't resist. Hell it sure beats paying $300 for a blank. :lol: