JeffB

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow great pickups recently.

• Love the Henrik press jersey - I'm surprised it was still goalie cut considering he didn't wear gear for the photo shoots.
  • The SF Spiders jersey is great. Always love seeing those, especially an authentic!
  • The Richter Starter is awesome, but I agree with Brilliant, no patch. Yes, it's the same style (striping) as in '94 but not the same material or maker. I think eventually you'd regret it.
  • Great deal on that Jackets playoff gamer. Considering it was done by Sublistitch, what's the deal on the numbers/name? Is is all single-layer sublimated twill? Can we get a close up?

Wow great pickups recently.

• Love the Henrik press jersey - I'm surprised it was still goalie cut considering he didn't wear gear for the photo shoots.
  • The SF Spiders jersey is great. Always love seeing those, especially an authentic!
  • The Richter Starter is awesome, but I agree with Brilliant, no patch. Yes, it's the same style (striping) as in '94 but not the same material or maker. I think eventually you'd regret it.
  • Great deal on that Jackets playoff gamer. Considering it was done by Sublistitch, what's the deal on the numbers/name? Is is all single-layer sublimated twill? Can we get a close up?

Here is a close up, i'm new so educate me on what you are looking for.

P1000167.jpg

The Richter Starter is awesome, but I agree with Brilliant, no patch. Yes, it's the same style (striping) as in '94 but not the same material or maker. I think eventually you'd regret it.

yeh, I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that, I knew it was CCM mesh for '94 - disregard my brain fart

and thanks for waking me up.

I LOVE that goalie cut Richter jersey. As for your question though, DO NOT put the Cup patch on there. Maybe the 1997 one though as a homage to what SHOULD have happened that year if not for the dirtbag team that was the Philadelphia Flyers and that pile of garbage John MacLean tomahawking Sundstrom's arm in three places.* :(

*No to all patches.

What should have happened? You mean get smoked in a sweep by the Wings, just like the Flyers?

Speaking of Wings - my first Wings Edge 2.0 (thanks to tb426):

Jersey031.jpg

Jersey032.jpg

What should have happened? You mean get smoked in a sweep by the Wings, just like the Flyers?

Speaking of Wings - my first Wings Edge 2.0 (thanks to tb426):

Jersey031.jpg

Jersey032.jpg

is that a game worn???

i wanted also one of the wings...but have some problems with the customer service there.

I LOVE that goalie cut Richter jersey. As for your question though, DO NOT put the Cup patch on there. Maybe the 1997 one though as a homage to what SHOULD have happened that year if not for the dirtbag team that was the Philadelphia Flyers and that pile of garbage John MacLean tomahawking Sundstrom's arm in three places.* :(

Haters_Gonna_Hate_03.jpg

Heh...well, I never said anything about them actually WINNING the Cup that year. I would have been happy just seeing the Rangers in the Finals.

Here is a close up, i'm new so educate me on what you are looking for.

That looks like traditional multi-layer twill. Sublistitch is one of the companies that offers sublimated twill, what Reebok calls "smoothfit", where it is just one later of twill with the colors permanently dyed/sublimated on it instead of being multiple layers sewn together.

Here's an example of two-color numbers on single sublimated twill from a Preds gamer:

img7001619.jpg

(nod to Victim - he posted this image in another thread about this subject on another board)

On an unrelated note, that Lidstrom Edge 2.0 is beautiful!

That looks like traditional multi-layer twill. Sublistitch is one of the companies that offers sublimated twill, what Reebok calls "smoothfit", where it is just one later of twill with the colors permanently dyed/sublimated on it instead of being multiple layers sewn together.

Here's an example of two-color numbers on single sublimated twill from a Preds gamer:

img7001619.jpg

(nod to Victim - he posted this image in another thread about this subject on another board)

On an unrelated note, that Lidstrom Edge 2.0 is beautiful!

Ok I had a feeling that was case. Thanks

img7001619.jpg

Ew, I didn't know anyone did that. Who else does such nonsense?

Holy s***, that is the best picture ever. Desktop background changed..

Hahaha I'm glad someone on here has taste. I love that picture so much. Glad I could share the wealth.

Boston, Anaheim...just off the top of my head.

Seriously? So when you guys get it customized, do you ask for that garbage?

I'm not sure it's something that is given to the general public actually. I think it's a game jersey thing.

Yea, but considering how we're all sticklers, I imagine people get it done to match the on ice product, right? Unless it's only a limited thing or something weird.

It is not game worn - brand new, never worn.

Did you get the HOF game patch separately? Were those made available to the public?

Boston, Anaheim...just off the top of my head.

Anaheim only used it on one gamer I know of (Whitney right after trade) - my recently acquired 2009-10 Eminger was done by Sublistitch but was multilayer twill (kiss-cut). I don't know if they've switched to it full time for this season.

Also the last two All-Star game (2009 & 2011) jerseys used Reebok's version of this (Smoothfit).

Are the Bruins doing all 3 layers sublimated or some mix? I think I saw an example of two layers sublimated onto one layer, then sewn on top of another (for 2 total layers instead of 3). Edit: Looks like I was wrong.

Anyone know any other teams that use sublimated twill these days?

Anaheim only used it on one gamer I know of (Whitney right after trade) - my recently acquired 2009-10 Eminger was done by Sublistitch but was multilayer twill (kiss-cut). I don't know if they've switched to it full time for this season.

Also the last two All-Star game (2009 & 2011) jerseys used Reebok's version of this (Smoothfit).

Are the Bruins doing all 3 layers sublimated or some mix? I think I saw an example of two layers sublimated onto one layer, then sewn on top of another (for 2 total layers instead of 3). Edit: Answered my own question looking at MeiGray - Boston does use a mix of sublimated and traditional layers as I describe above.

Anyone know any other teams that use sublimated twill these days?

Doing a little more research on Anaheim, it looks like HockeyMonkey took over their customization this year...

2010-11tag.jpg

Here's a 08-09 Bruins gamer. Definitely one layer sublimated. The white stitching is only there to give the appearance of multi-layer twill. Same with the black stitching on the letters.

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

Ahh, the whole thing is one layer sublimated, so I was wrong.

The middle layer of real stitching threw me off. It does look better than when they leave the stitching off, or worse - do the sublimated stitchmarks.

Thanks for the detail shot.