It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

I'm jazzed about this one, because it's an Edge 2.0 and because it's a team issue jersey so the WWW patch is as authentic as it comes. It's a 2007/2008 team issued Magnus Johansson jersey. It was labeled as a locker room jersey which means it more than likely never saw game action, and given that this thing looks and feels brand new I'd say it has never been worn. I'm really digging the Edge 2.0's as this is now my second one. Since it contains no markings or indications that it was ever worn in a game scenario I may eventually strip this and turn it into another player from that season that had more of an impact.

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm jazzed about this one, because it's an Edge 2.0 and because it's a team issue jersey so the WWW patch is as authentic as it comes. It's a 2007/2008 team issued Magnus Johansson jersey. It was labeled as a locker room jersey which means it more than likely never saw game action, and given that this thing looks and feels brand new I'd say it has never been worn. I'm really digging the Edge 2.0's as this is now my second one. Since it contains no markings or indications that it was ever worn in a game scenario I may eventually strip this and turn it into another player from that season that had more of an impact.

Nice pick-up! Who are you planning on using... Toews?

That's my next jersey that's being sent off soon, but it's a WHITE nordiques P.Stastny.

Nice jersey, where ya get it done?

(but hate to tell you that Peter Stastny never wore a Nordiques jersey with the

two tone color numbers (red border). I know, most places will default the Nords jerseys with

the red outlined numbers when you pay for the customization, I'm just really picky that way

and request single color when it comes to my old Nordiques jerseys.... then again Im probably the only

Nords fan with 70's, 80's retired players only (well except for my Tony Twist jersey, the only jersey

I have from 1990 and beyond, LOL)

Thanks for the info. I know Stastny never wore that 2 colors numbers. I was thinking a lot about numbers' color before making my final decision, but i have decided to go with white and red. Like you said, most places will default Nords jersey but it was my call for this one and asked for red outlined.

I already own a Sakic Nordiques blue jersey red outlined too and i prefer to stick with it to continue my collection. I also have Marian Stastny jersey coming soon and will order Anton Stastny later to complete this old Nordiques line . Only problem is blue Nordiques jerseys size Large are a hard to find at reasonnable price. I found a place in Quebec city but i have to send it out of town for customization and pay extra fees for shipping...

I've tried several places for customization in the past, had good and bad experiences but overall OK. We may be able to help us each other in buying Nordiques jersey in future. Merci ! Es-tu de Québec toi aussi ?

TMLFAN: In Ontario, They are for sale at Hockey Experts on Dixie Rd, Sauga.. they are a part of sportchek.

They feel like walking around in paper towel or something. like it could rip at any second.

The replicas feel more like real jerseys.

TMLFAN: In Ontario, They are for sale at Hockey Experts on Dixie Rd, Sauga.. they are a part of sportchek.

They feel like walking around in paper towel or something. like it could rip at any second.

The replicas feel more like real jerseys.

Hey, thanks for the tip. I wasn't really interested in picking one up but was curious to see if they dropped the price even more then before.

Nice pick-up! Who are you planning on using... Toews?

I already have a Toews....I was thinking Kane since he was point leader that year but I wanted to do Kane on the Stanley Cup patch jersey since he scored the winning goal. My next in line from that year would be Sharp or Seabrook.

and will order Anton Stastny later to complete this old Nordiques line . Only problem is blue Nordiques jerseys size Large are a hard to find at reasonnable price. I found a place in Quebec city but i have to send it out of town for customization and pay extra fees for shipping...

nice, Anton Stastny was one of my first customized jerseys, wish I had it still, although was size small and back when he still played, think I was in public school still, LOL.

Nice that with the CCM 550 Vintage jersey's we can re-build the old Nordiques collection!!

May I ask where and how much you pay for your jerseys in Quebec? You order online or at a local store?

I can maybe help you out ordering a Large Blue.

VERY NICE Hawks 2.0. They really are far superior, aren't they? You're hooked now. You won't go back to the 1.0's.

I am hooked but the 2.0's are so hard to come by since the Hawks sell their own game stuff...and it's not cheap.

What is sportchek selling them for now? I think another member was told that if they were still around after Christmas they would reduce the price on them.

169.99 Still. And yeah, as others have said, the material is just awful. Unique, but awful.

Very nice Hawks jersey MK. In spite of the fact I hate that team with a passion, I respect the beauty of a crisp 2.0

very nice! what size is it? did you get it from hawkquarters?

IMG_0461.jpg

I got this today from eBay:

very nice! I still need one.

Omg i hate ice sheen!!!!

nice jersey anyway Mike

Personally I think it's okay as an accent, but the jerseys made entirely of the dazzle material are crazy. The college team I worked for had them for one season and the players hated them - they'd just hold onto the moisture too much.

i think the dazzle is a mess on every jersey i never liked it wether its a a football r hockey jersey. I think its the think i hate most in todays jerseys. I cant believe some jerseys are made mostly of this ridiculous looking material.

In my humble opinion we will look back on these jerseys and laugh within the next 10 years.

I honestly think that Canada jersey is one of the few i dont look at and cringe. They somehow manage to incorporate it without it making t look like a 70's disco shirt.

KILL THE SHEEN

Is that the same material as that ice sheen crap though? Because it doesn't look like it. The stuff that the NHL has used is more like a satin-y material that doesn't really reflect as much as the ice sheen does.

Picked this up off kijiji locally for dirt cheap along with two others that I'm selling in the for sale section. I've been pretty lucky with Nike jersey's lately, first I picked up my Nike alternate with two Canadiens jerseys off kijiji and then sold the two Canadiens jerseys for what I spent on all 3 and now this will be the same thing. Picked up all 3 off kijiji and will sell the other two for a little more then I paid for all three.

For some reason this one has a little trademark logo right beside the shield but my other 3 don't.

2469677060105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2138587410105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

Don't see too many Jackets sweaters here, so here's my first contribution, picked this up from the team store on New Year's Eve. I had been looking at authentics, but for not a lot more than the price of customized authentics (and sometimes less, depending on the player) at retail, I could get a game worn sweater... Very happy to get my first gamer and it's especially neat to me that I know exactly which game it was used in! it's also an Edge 2.0, which as I read here, is so very different and much nicer...love it. Probably addicted to nothing but gamers from now on...I love the way this one feels vs my replicas.

2010 CBJ Sammy Pahlsson from NHL Premiere in Stockholm (Home - Game 1)

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Edited by GoalMouthPass

very nice! what size is it? did you get it from hawkquarters?

56 and yes. I normally wear 50 or 52 so it's a bit large but honestly not as large as I would have thought. I like the way this fits and may have to bump up my sizing a bit in the Edges. They had one red locker room jersey left in a 2.0 and I grabbed it Friday, should have it Monday...they still have a boat load of black's left. i think this one will become my Kane Stanley Cup jersey, the red I'll leave with the WWW patch and change it to somebody and I have a 1.0 coming who will be a Sharp with the Helsinki patch.