It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

I thought the same thing. They look essentially identical to the Olympic 1960 throwbacks and therefore FAR superior to any kind of Swift replica. Are the front letters too small also? They don't look the same size as the on-ice ones. I guess we're doomed to a lifetime of crappy styles and inaccurate designs from Nike now. Maybe they're making up for the abundance of near jersey perfection they had for such a long time.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is royal

They got part fixed.

Seriously, from a production and cost standpoint I am floored that

they are making a completely different jersey to sell at retail when they could have just continued

to produce the game jersey sans fight strap, double shoulders and elbows and you have the retail version.

Slightly cheaper ($93.72 USD) at NikeStore, appear to have all sizes as well:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?&wfp=true#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-335815

Good find. They also have Canada ($125) and Russia ($75 with coupon code RUNPRERUN). Free shipping over $175.

I still don't understand why Nike can't make the retail jersey accurate to the on-ice jersey.

The shoulder panels are cut wrong, the swoosh is in the wrong spot and it's in the Swift template.

It looks to me as if the on-ice retro jersey is a regular cut jersey, same as in Vancouver, not a Swift cut.

Is the retail jersey royal or navy blue? Hard to tell from pics.

its is the 2010 Vancouver jersey with just a diffrenet arm patch and the skater logo.

Oops. Plager already posted what I was going to post.

Sorry, saw it on Nike's site a few days ago and finally got around to posting. Makes you wonder if, after the tournament is over and with several retailers carrying the jersey, maybe the prices will plummet (?) Then again, the only Buffalo/WJC specific jersey I've seen is the USA, so maybe they'll go quick...

I guess we should also be plugging the host site, IceJerseys.com.

Team USA IIHF Buffalo World Junior Championship Replica Alternate Hockey Jersey $124.

$5 off and free shipping with coupon code FIVEOFF100.

http://www.icejerseys.com/item_details.php?id=9799

Ebates 4.5% cash back with other available coupons.

http://www.ebates.com/stores/IceJerseys.com.htm?navigation_id=10007

I hate being poor :( This is all I got in the past while.

-1998 NA AS 52. This has been a grail since childhood and will become a LeClair:

HPIM1835.jpg

HPIM1836.jpg

-1998 World AS XL. This will be an Ozolinsh, I'm waiting for an authentic to turn into a Selanne:

HPIM1837.jpg

HPIM1838.jpg

Now I'm just holding out for an authentic 1994-97 Eastern AS jersey. Sigh...

Pick on the Eagles fans huh? Im American and Im sure if the games were being played in Canada there would have been more than 1300 fans at the Sweden-Norway game...Thats embarassing.

Heh I'm a Giants fan. That explains it.

Oh and I offered an apology to Canadians, they were much better today: http://5-hole.com/2010/12/29/world-juniors-recap-day-3-karma-is-a-b****/

Got this replica for a Christmas gift.

IMG_0246.jpg

Two notes about the jersey

1. It seems Reebok has fixed problem about the difference between the replicas and authentics in terms of design. On the orange jersey (replica version) the white stripe along the arm was much wider than the authentic, and as a result, the numbers would not overlap. On this replica, the orange stripe is thin so when customized, the numbers will overlap onto the white

2. The quality of this is just brutal. It really feels like it may rip at the first pull on it. Although I wanted a new replica so I could wear it to games. I just cant justify wearing an authentic jersey when I go to Flyers games because of the price on them.

I picked this up for $15

IMG_0243-2-1.jpg

Nice pick ups :thumbsup:

Hello, my first post here because i'm a newbie... Just got this awesome and new Nordiques replica jersey from "icejersey" to continue my collection. I really enjoy my purchase !!! Oups... How can i upload my picture ?? Insert image is asking for an URL ?!?

Hello, my first post here because i'm a newbie... Just got this awesome and new Nordiques replica jersey from "icejersey" to continue my collection. I really enjoy my purchase !!! Oups... How can i upload my picture ?? Insert image is asking for an URL ?!?

Hi and welcome. For posting images, you should upload your pictures into a site like photobucket and use their provided IMG url links to post. Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Hi and welcome. For posting images, you should upload your pictures into a site like photobucket and use their provided IMG url links to post. Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

OK, Thanks for your help, i appreciate it. Let's try to upload my first picture on this forum. Sorry, size is bif but i will lower picture quality next time

Stastny001.jpg

Love the Stastny. Those baby blue Nords jerseys really are missed.

Was walking through a Sportchek in Halifax, Nova Scotia today and picked this up (surprising since I can't make a Cody Hodgson jersey out of it. ^_^ )

TCJ.jpg

You guys weren't kidding when you said the swifts felt like rain coats before. :blink:

OK, Thanks for your help, i appreciate it. Let's try to upload my first picture on this forum. Sorry, size is bif but i will lower picture quality next time

That's my next jersey that's being sent off soon, but it's a WHITE nordiques P.Stastny.

Nice jersey, where ya get it done?

(but hate to tell you that Peter Stastny never wore a Nordiques jersey with the

two tone color numbers (red border). I know, most places will default the Nords jerseys with

the red outlined numbers when you pay for the customization, I'm just really picky that way

and request single color when it comes to my old Nordiques jerseys.... then again Im probably the only

Nords fan with 70's, 80's retired players only (well except for my Tony Twist jersey, the only jersey

I have from 1990 and beyond, LOL)

:lol:Merci pour la photo , it goes with my nickname

Exactly why I posted it. :D That's about the extent of my french though!

That's a nice Canada find. What size? 56? Is it tight? I have a 56 Swift and it feels like a 48.

:lol:Merci pour la photo , it goes with my nickname

Exactly why I posted it. :D That's about the extent of my french though!

That's a nice Canada find. What size? 56? Is it tight? I have a 56 Swift and it feels like a 48.

58 actually, There were two 52's, two 56's and one 58. It fits quite well actually. Probably the equivalent of a large in the new premiers.

What is sportchek selling them for now? I think another member was told that if they were still around after Christmas they would reduce the price on them.