It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

Aketon I have a question, those are from MeiGray right? I ask because Gilroy started playing last season which was 2009-10, and MeiGray lost the AHL after the 2008-09 season I thought. Is Steiner having a 2 for 1 sale?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aketon I have a question, those are from MeiGray right? I ask because Gilroy started playing last season which was 2009-10, and MeiGray lost the AHL after the 2008-09 season I thought. Is Steiner having a 2 for 1 sale?

I got an e-mail from a Steiner sales rep about a 2-for-1 deal on anything on their site. However when I called them they told me that game-worn/used items are always excluded. I said that their e-mail didn't make that distinction - so they let me have them at the sale price.

After I got off the phone with them I re-read the original e-mail, and sure thing down at the bottom it had an asterisk and said doesn't include game-worn/used items. I think they just wanted to move some of those Wolf Pack jerseys - I don't think I'd have gotten the same deal on Rangers gamers. I just lucked out I guess.

Haha, that's not how it works with jersey freaks.

ya true I guess... lol

My Nords Dale Hunter jersey is on it's way getting re-done....

Was my mistake... I gave them photo of his 1982 jersey and style number font,

then I added a 87'Rendez-Vous patch on it. So technically it's got

the wrong number "2" font, the 1987 "2" doesn't have the upward hook at end.

But it's being corrected at no charge, Don at MLL is excellent when it comes

to cutsomer service.

And my #16 Goulet was done with 10" numbers on back and looked crappy on a size L jersey (was done at a local sports store here, their mistake and they fixed it no charge)...

so ya, I guess add me to the list of jersey freaks now, LOL.

Yeah, filled one of those out and was never contacted. I might try it again though.

Let me know if you find one. I picked up a black edge 2.0 from meigray as well & want to do the same thing with it.

Good choice on Mess too. Gretzky is so overplayed on those jerseys that everyone forgets anyone else played in the tournament! I have the exact same one actually. I have to get the nameplate fixed but when it is, it'll be the same. One thing I always wondered about those jerseys though is that the retail ones were ultrafil but the on-ice jerseys were air-knit. And then the CCM logo was black on the ice too instead of red. Not that it matters since they're so great looking but I've always found it strange.

1991 Canada Cup Messier

WOW! what a nice jersey!

wanna trade/sell it? :)

lol

@ Brilliant

My Messier is actually Air-Knit, not the Ultrafil, so it's just the same as the on ice version he wore with the red CCM blocks. I've seen some of the Ultrafil CCM's with the Black blocks and could never figure it out why they made them SO different from the Gamers...

Yeah, I just checked out your collection. Is yours an Ultrafil ??? I noticed that it looks like it has the Smaller CCM tag which was added in the 95-96 season for some teams. Are my eyes fooling me? I never knew of CCM doing an authentic throwback of the Canada Cup jersey... but I don't think that tag existed in 1991...

No, it definitely didn't. I was always under the impression that it was a commemorative re-issue or something like that. When I bought it, it had Gretzky with the C on it but I got rid of that a while ago. And actually I was wrong earlier. The on-ice ones had the red CCM logo. Mine has the black one.

This showed up in the mail today:

rkRangerscirca1990CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

kRangerscirca1990bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I already tried stripping it but to no avail. I guess I have to find a small NHL shield to sew on the hem. Oh well!

The first half of 1989-90. For some reason, they arched the name though, which is incorrect. The Rangers used straight-line names that year for the last time. I tried getting the name off but it was sealed on pretty heavily and I was left with some nasty residue so I'll just leave it the way it is and add the shield on the hem to make it a 1990-91 jersey. That WAS his best year(goal-wise with 49) with the Rangers anyway so it all works out.

My first game worn jersey! Also one of my favourite jerseys of all time. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

DSC_0741-1.jpg

DSC_0740-1.jpg

A Gulls replica...I'm not 100% sure how I feel on this one, SP makes some really nice authentics..this is my first replica from them and the material is nice but thin, the lettering is sewed together in reverse kiss but then they heat pressed it onto the jersey. Just seems like if you go that far why not do the rest? It was cheap and will hold me over until I can find some Gull authentics.

100_1248.jpg

That's certainly a welcome surprise, huh? It's nice to hear that they've gotten SOMETHING right. How about the WC patch? Is it the nice embroidered one?