It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

The CBJ stunk up the arena tonight, but the nice surprise was that the team put out some older gamers and team issued jerseys that they dug up. I actually kind of hate the early jerseys, so I've never really gotten any, but I couldn't pass these up. I think the passage of time has made me more sentimental about these.

These are stamped 2001-02, but Richardson didn't play that year, so I'm not sure what's up with that. The Grand-Pierre is easily the most hammered jersey I own. The photos really don't show the paint, scuffs and one huge repair on the fight strap, but I tried to at least show the repair. My first real enforcer-type jersey.

2001-02 CBJ Set 1 Luke Richardson

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

2001-02 CBJ Set 1 Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Nothing like havine "Grand-Pierre" plastered across your back. Sweet.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stitches is open from 9 to noon, just call before you go :thumbsup: . Tell Eric I will be in soon lol.

A Grabner white is on my list to buy too (with the NHL Rookie Patch, however, I can't find a logo)

That's good to know, cause I wasn't planning on waking up that early. I'll ask for Eric, but I don't know what your name is so I can't name drop you. Grabner is on my list of Isles to get, along with Moulson, Okposo, Bailey, and Comeau, but those won't happen so quickly.

Cool! Don't forget Crawford was #29 with the Icehogs...

oh yeah I know, I need to find one of those Pepsi patches for it too.

26381169E.jpg

The latest acquisition to 'complete' my collection came in today. Only a teaser shot right now as it's already back in the mail to be customized by TTS

IMG_1763_1-vi.jpg

can't wait to get it back!

As a fellow Blackhawks jersey collector I'd be very curious to see if Triple Threat Sports has the accurate numbering and lettering font to do the early 90's Blackhawks jerseys. This was the period after Gunzo's and prior to City Sports Lettering in which I believe CCM directly did the numbering and lettering for the Hawks. I have yet to find anyone with the right pattern. The few that I had done right I had to create patterns directly off of game worn jerseys to EPS to make a custom pattern.

For example my 91/92 All Star patched Roenick Ultrafil Hawks numbering is totally wrong ... a project to fix sometime down the road

2365868800106169334ZlQfIA_th.jpg

My 94/95 white Roenick Airknit is spot on ...

Please post some pics when you get your Ultrafil back from TTS

2824792240106169334kRskyD_th.jpg

This was done by tts...BTW let me know if u find a pepsi patch, ive had no luck

Now that I've compared both of ours to a gamer neither are 100% right, on mine they use the newer E but on yours the font is too thin and on mine it appears to be a a little thicker. I'm not entirely sure the difference is enough to make me want to fix it even being as anal as I am, but I may be a bit more on the lookout of it..odd that I never noticed that before. Now that I'm looking I'm also noticing that in the same years towards the mid 94-96 seasons there's a mixture.

100_0928.jpg

This was done by tts...BTW let me know if u find a pepsi patch, ive had no luck

Now that I've compared both of ours to a gamer neither are 100% right, on mine they use the newer E but on yours the font is too thin and on mine it appears to be a a little thicker. I'm not entirely sure the difference is enough to make me want to fix it even being as anal as I am, but I may be a bit more on the lookout of it..odd that I never noticed that before. Now that I'm looking I'm also noticing that in the same years towards the mid 94-96 seasons there's a mixture.

100_0928.jpg

Thanks for posting your Roenick from TTS.

Yes, the Blackhawks period from 87/88 - 95/96 is very hard to find accurate lettering and numbering. I kinda refer to this as the CCM customized era. Lettering on nameplates is narrow and tightly spaced. The letter "E" is often a tell tale sign of accuracy. The middle horizontal line of the E is almost the same width as the top and bottom. The numbering was also taller and not as boxy square and symmetrical as todays number font. Numbers such as 2, 3, 5, 8, 9 you will notice that the top half of the number is shorter than the bottom half.

As you stated even during those years there were some very slight variations intermixed as the Hawks did tend to recycle some of their jerseys from year to year. In years such as 87/88 - 89/90 when there were players traded or called up mid/late season to the Hawks (e.g. Graham, Secord, Roenick, Chevrier) you'll see that their nameplates were done up by their equipment staff or Gunzo's and have the much bigger bolder Gunzo's font.

I'm looking for a Pepsi patch as well. Let me know if you find one!

That might be tough. Thinking that might be a team issue thing only but I don't know much about AHL jerseys. Try calling Exclusive Pro Sports (EPS) in Rockford, I believe they have the contract to do the IceHogs jerseys.

I called the Hogs a few weeks back and they do not sell the patch.

Blackhawks27 - this was a nice find, I'm looking through a ton of gamer photos through that era and I'm noticing even inconsistencies in the font thickness goes from player to player in the same years...even some game footage I'm looking at here that i have I can see it now that you've pointed it out. I honestly can't believe I never noticed this. I know we used to see a lot of this years ago but I guess I never thought it existed in more of a modern era.

I hope they get it right. Guess we'll see in about 3 weeks. I went to them after hearing positive praise of their work. At the same time, I don't know if I'm that picky about such a slight variance as long as it's 'pretty close'.

As a fellow Blackhawks jersey collector I'd be very curious to see if Triple Threat Sports has the accurate numbering and lettering font to do the early 90's Blackhawks jerseys. This was the period after Gunzo's and prior to City Sports Lettering in which I believe CCM directly did the numbering and lettering for the Hawks. I have yet to find anyone with the right pattern. The few that I had done right I had to create patterns directly off of game worn jerseys to EPS to make a custom pattern.

For example my 91/92 All Star patched Roenick Ultrafil Hawks numbering is totally wrong ... a project to fix sometime down the road

2365868800106169334ZlQfIA_th.jpg

My 94/95 white Roenick Airknit is spot on ...

Please post some pics when you get your Ultrafil back from TTS

2824792240106169334kRskyD_th.jpg

I hope they get it right. Guess we'll see in about 3 weeks. I went to them after hearing positive praise of their work. At the same time, I don't know if I'm that picky about such a slight variance as long as it's 'pretty close'.

Honestly from what I've been looking through this morning it's hard to say if there even is a "right".

This came in the mail today completely unexpected. I just sold 11 of my Soviet/Russian game worn jerseys to someone and today this shows up at my door from him. I was speechless.

DSC_0579.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

A CCCP Kamensky game used jersey. Kamensky is one of my favorite players and is the reason I wear the number 13 when I play hockey. This jersey will never be sold.

This came in the mail today completely unexpected. I just sold 11 of my Soviet/Russian game worn jerseys to someone and today this shows up at my door from him. I was speechless.

DSC_0579.jpg

DSC_0580.jpg

A CCCP Kamensky game used jersey. Kamensky is one of my favorite players and is the reason I wear the number 13 when I play hockey. This jersey will never be sold.

Wow, that's really unbelievable. Amazing how nice some people can be.

Yet Canada jersey makes finds a home. :lol: It's all i got in this week!

with glowing hearts, I close the book on my 2010 Olympic master set. Both Authentic and replica in both colors. :P

Authentic 2010 Olympic Team Canada Size 58 Nike Rain-Coat.

DSCF4279.jpg

Thanks goes out too Hawks Win for this one and to Nike their messed up sizes. Not to mention mlaval for putting it up on Ebay. :thumbsup:

Big thanks to tb426 for the opportunity to add these to my growing Sabres collection. These

really take it up a notch for me. Worn on the nights retiring the numbers for Pat Lafontaine and Danny Gare.

And credit to him for the great photos, no need to take new ones, thanks!

2298836590103761653S425x425Q85.jpg

2246239560103761653S425x425Q85.jpg

2828465140103761653S200x200Q85.jpg

2559276460103761653S425x425Q85.jpg

2912520440103761653S425x425Q85.jpg

2715545180103761653S200x200Q85.jpg

Thelonious Sphere Monk,

were those Canada jerseys from Sportchek?

Those Sabres jerseys are pretty wild with the patches. I like that they're blue and gold too. It was a good thing that they stuck with the original colors and didn't make them black and red or something similar to that style. Buffalo was part of MeiGray that year, weren't they?

Those jerseys also represent the most successful season Buffalo has had in the last decade. The Conference Finals series against Carolina was one of the best series I've seen in recent playoff history.

Thelonious Sphere Monk,

were those Canada jerseys from Sportchek?

Yes but I got if from another user. They got it from the Sportchek though I believe.

Actually got this last Saturday in Hershey, didn't have a chance to take a picture until today:

2387827130105040840S600x600Q85.jpg2507655900105040840S600x600Q85.jpg

Add a Manitoba Moose patch on that.

0107-her-patches.jpg

Just kidding though. Nice jersey.

Really Nice!

How is the Giant Center? It looks like a first class building... They sell Authentics?

Great minor league barn. They also sell vuvuzelas there too. All kinds of awesome.

Haha did you buy one of those.

given your sense of humour on these forums, I could picture you with one of those at the games.

That way every game can be a world cup final!! How awesome would that be! I wouldn't mind having one of those at the Air Canada centre. Would annoy the crap out of the suits in the platinums