• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These just arrived from EPS today...

those look awesome! great player choices too, gotta love the #10's :thumbsup:

Seems like no one sells KOHO Hawks on eBay! I'd love a the red and black in a 52. Where did you get yours from, Schulzmc?

I bought a Nike Chelli from someone on Ebay and told him if he ever had any other Hawks stuff to let me know. A few days later he emails me and says he has that Koho blank. I was thrilled as I have been wanting an Amonte with the 75th patch for a while and was too stubborn to use a CCM.

BTW - I normally wear a 52 in these older jerseys, but this 56 fits fine... (wearing it right now!)

I bought a Nike Chelli from someone on Ebay and told him if he ever had any other Hawks stuff to let me know. A few days later he emails me and says he has that Koho blank. I was thrilled as I have been wanting an Amonte with the 75th patch for a while and was too stubborn to use a CCM.

BTW - I normally wear a 52 in these older jerseys, but this 56 fits fine... (wearing it right now!)

Nice!

Love those Hawks jerseys...especially the Tony one. Good stuff.

I actually got this today as well:

Love the Norway!!

Amonte looks great. Reminds me of a weird thing that happened the other day at the grocery. I'm in central ohio and some heavier girl walks by pushing a cart wearing an authentic white Starter Amonte! I almost tried to get a picture!

Fantastic Amonte..I have a Koho and that patch sitting in the closet that will get an identical treatment.

I cant' recommend EPS enough. They've been great to work with and I am thrilled with the final product. In light of some other comments in another thread I think that is worth noting...

I cant' recommend EPS enough. They've been great to work with and I am thrilled with the final product. In light of some other comments in another thread I think that is worth noting...

Thanks, I usually use TTS or City Sports for all my Hawks stuff. Both have done great work (city sports does it for the team) and their turn around is usually under 2 weeks, plus I don't need to pay for shipping since they're local.

Got a couple in recently.

2300843520104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

2313833370104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

2797109700104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

2421022820104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

Just got this in today...

Phoenix Coyotes Starter jersey. I find that even though it's a 48-R, it doesn't fit like my 2 Liberty jerseys and my Avs jersey I just got. And it's also not mesh... is that right? I thought all jerseys back then were mesh.

IMG_5894.jpg

IMG_5895.jpg

Got this one yesterday from 4Freezy

2676112130105237255S600x600Q85.jpg

2026986760105237255S600x600Q85.jpg

I feel like this was on eBay very recently. The heavily creased numbers look familiar.

I feel like this was on eBay very recently. The heavily creased numbers look familiar.

Yeah it was, to my surprise, the numbers do not look creased in person. Very happy with the pickup.

Just got this in today...

Phoenix Coyotes Starter jersey. I find that even though it's a 48-R, it doesn't fit like my 2 Liberty jerseys and my Avs jersey I just got. And it's also not mesh... is that right? I thought all jerseys back then were mesh.

No, very few teams used mesh. Colorado and the Rangers are the only two Starter teams that I remember, there may be others, but most were the air-knit. I have 10 Coyotes Starter's, 9 are 52-R. They do not run "large", for the most part, especially the El Salvador made ones, which yours is. The narrower shoulders and the point on the yoke at the back of the collar gives that away. If it has a straight rear yoke, it is (most likely) a Berlin, WI jersey. The Berlin and El Salvador jerseys might have fit differently, but I don't recall. I would have to dig out some of the Berlin-made jerseys to find out for sure. I think at least 4 or 5 of the ones I have are Berlin-made.

No, very few teams used mesh. Colorado and the Rangers are the only two Starter teams that I remember, there may be others, but most were the air-knit. I have 10 Coyotes Starter's, 9 are 52-R. They do not run "large", for the most part, especially the El Salvador made ones, which yours is. The narrower shoulders and the point on the yoke at the back of the collar gives that away. If it has a straight rear yoke, it is (most likely) a Berlin, WI jersey. The Berlin and El Salvador jerseys might have fit differently, but I don't recall. I would have to dig out some of the Berlin-made jerseys to find out for sure. I think at least 4 or 5 of the ones I have are Berlin-made.

That jersey doesn't look like it's air-knit though. It looks like it's ultrail (from the limited ultrafil I've seen). He told me earlier that it weighs a ton, and the only air-knit jerseys I've seen that were heavy were the Pro Player jerseys. Could it be ultrafil?

That jersey doesn't look like it's air-knit though. It looks like it's ultrail (from the limited ultrafil I've seen). He told me earlier that it weighs a ton, and the only air-knit jerseys I've seen that were heavy were the Pro Player jerseys. Could it be ultrafil?

Absolutely not. And those jerseys are very heavy, very intricate. In those days, not all authentics were priced the same. The Coyotes' jerseys retailed for more than most teams, around $189, which was very high in those days.

Absolutely not. And those jerseys are very heavy, very intricate. In those days, not all authentics were priced the same. The Coyotes' jerseys retailed for more than most teams, around $189, which was very high in those days.

Interesting. Regardless, it's a beautiful jersey. I haven't seen it up close yet, but it's one of my favorite jerseys from that era. The Coyotes (along with most of the league) are entirely too plain now.

The weight of those Coyotes jerseys combined with that thick collar made them really great.

Also, the Blues used Starter mesh as their third jersey in 1997-98 and their home and aways in 1998-99.

Okay, this is a bit of a mystery to me guys, any help here is greatly appreciated. I got this for a pretty good price.

th_IMG_3571.jpg

th_IMG_3574.jpg

However check out the neck tagging and hem shield. What up with this?

th_IMG_3572.jpg

th_IMG_3575.jpg

Here is how they compare to the other Pro Player Flames authentics I have.

th_IMG_3573.jpg

th_IMG_3576.jpg

What exactly is this? It's totally legit as far as i can tell. The weight is the same, the color is the same. Is this an early season jersey?