It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

2009-10 Brandon Wheat Kings Matt Calvert Gamer - This thing is well worn, lots of repairs, some unrepaired, burns, marks, etc. He shared the C with Brayden Schenn, who I'm sure many more people have heard of than Matt. I can't really find good high res files for photomatching, but intend to try with what I can find. One thing that I noticed when looking at it is that it looks like the seamstress put the nameplate on off of where it was previously. it's about 130mm too far to the right and you can kind of see where it was attached before...which would be more centered. Not really sure what to do...send it all the way back to Brandon or try to get it fixed locally. Seems like a simple fix anyway.

Very nice, I would love to have one of his gamers. Did you get it from the Wheat Kings site or somewhere else?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wouldn't it be easier to photomatch that Calvert jersey assuming all of his gamers have a more accurately centered nameplate? Assuming you can find pictures of the back of course... That said, even if you cant, I think it should be left the way it is considering its a gamer and all.

I've been looking through flickr and managed a good photo that matches the jersey. No good photos of the back though. The thing about fixing it is, the nameplates were removed after the season so they could reuse them for hockey school. They put them back on after so that they can sell them or whatever. When they put this back on for me is when I think it became off center.

I can't really find good high res files for photomatching

Can someone tell me what the purpose of photomatching is?

This arrived today, very happy with it :stickhndl:

p1040273u.jpg

p1040271qr.jpg

p1040272a.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooooooh. As a Rangers fan, I'd never ever buy a jersey from a different team if the guy ever played for the Rangers (ok, MAYBE Naslund), but I have to say I love that Messier.

Can someone tell me what the purpose of photomatching is?

If you have a photo with very noticible stick marks or tears of your game worn and you can match the wear, its more proof of it being worn. Collectors were doing this long before Meigrey tagging....Even those tags are being coppied now.

Thanks for the replies on the Karlsson, my first though was gatorade as well but perhaps it is marks from the boards. I only took closeups of the bluish-green mark in the spot next to the 6 on the back, the same colour marks also appear on both shoulders around the collar area, and on the right side above his name on the mesh material.

Thanks for the replies on the Karlsson, my first though was gatorade as well but perhaps it is marks from the boards. I only took closeups of the bluish-green mark in the spot next to the 6 on the back, the same colour marks also appear on both shoulders around the collar area, and on the right side above his name on the mesh material.

It was a Gatorade bukake :lol:

If you have a photo with very noticible stick marks or tears of your game worn and you can match the wear, its more proof of it being worn. Collectors were doing this long before Meigrey tagging....Even those tags are being coppied now.

Interesting. That's good to know, not that I ever expect to be able to realistically justify buying a gamer, but it's still nice to know things like that.

Was the Karlsson used for the World Championships?? That looks like a Euro Hockey Tour Jersey to me. Still its a beauty :)

I love my Tre Kroner jersey, I just have never photographed it haha

This arrived today, very happy with it :stickhndl:

Nice toes!

:thumbsup:

Ooooooooooooooooooooh. As a Rangers fan, I'd never ever buy a jersey from a different team if the guy ever played for the Rangers (ok, MAYBE Naslund), but I have to say I love that Messier.

Yes well I would prefer it if it wasnt a Messier jersey but its still beautiful:)

Nice toes!

:thumbsup:

Thanks man, I worked hard to get them in the shot. :rolleyes:

Need to work on my photography technique :stickhndl:

Ok, my turn. EPS sent me something today.

Kings 6100 - Robitaille

198532_10150156426941294_733211293_8639167_1364650_n.jpg

197547_10150156427476294_733211293_8639176_159226_n.jpg

Senators Edge - Alfredsson

199959_10150156428076294_733211293_8639186_5421830_n.jpg

189535_10150156428711294_733211293_8639201_1985565_n.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with the work they did. Both jerseys are pretty spot-on to the actual game-worn versions (good thing I sent those pictures of each).

Kings 6100 - Robitaille

I'm pretty pleased with the work they did. Both jerseys are pretty spot-on to the actual game-worn versions (good thing I sent those pictures of each).

Nice Kings jersey.

EPS currently has a 6100 (white) of mine that I am customizing with ROBITAILLE.

I didn't send pics though, that might be a rookie move on my part.

I didn't think there was anything special about the customization that required pics.

Hope it doesn't bite me in the arse.

I think you'll be fine. I saw a sticker they put on top of the tags with 'Kings pre-2007' on it, which leads me to think that they have something lined up for these particular sets.

Good to know.

I also sent in a 2002 all star jersey, without pics.

But in my conversations with Josh I got the impression

he knew exactly how to customize the jersey.

My I ask how long they had them? They have two of my jerseys right now and I hope they come soon.

Very nice Alfredsson, I have a white edge as well but mine has the Stockholm game patch from 2008 on it. The Luc isn't too shabby either.

Thanks for the comments on the Matt Calvert wheaties jersey.

So another fan pointed out to me that the captain's C is incorrect as well. Oy. Apparently the C should be black, with silver, then yellow outline, not black, with yellow then silver outline. It would seem the style used on my jersey is intended for the dark or third jerseys. I guess the team seamstress was in a hurry when fixing this up to ship out! They typically remove the C and nameplate after the season, so in order to sell it, they reattach the nameplates when they're sold. I guess this is typical of many junior teams. I've asked the team to help me out and at least send me the correct C. They've been great so far, so I hope it works out ok. Anyone else have these kinds of things happen when buying from juniors or minors? The inattention to detail is really annoying and I would've expected more from a team seamstress, honestly.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

The C should be more like the other letters and numbers on white:

medium.jpg

I don't want to stray off topic too much, so PM me if you think I'm off base for wanting this corrected.

Just got this earlier today. I've had three black Chill gamers, and this is my first white.

After that is one of three Edge Lightning jerseys. All of the trim is embroidered in rather than being pressed and sewn, so stripping is a hassle like you would not believe.

2150839860055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

2315251950055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

2022048170055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

2800943810055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

Just got this earlier today. I've had three black Chill gamers, and this is my first white.

After that is one of three Edge Lightning jerseys. All of the trim is embroidered in rather than being pressed and sewn, so stripping is a hassle like you would not believe.

Well, at least Kev's TBL jerseys were dirt cheap.