It arrived today

lafountain

These two arrived today. Now that these two are in I can focus on customizing the backlog I have.

2717905780105461084S600x600Q85.jpg2470748700105461084S600x600Q85.jpg

Found this on Gameworn.net for a really good price so I had to pick it up. I see why so many of you love these Starter mesh jerseys, they are really nice in person. Gonna make it into a Gretzky to go along with the LA Kings and All Star I already have of him.

2270474920105461084S600x600Q85.jpg2825016580105461084S600x600Q85.jpg

Found this one on another forum I frequent for a good price as well, not as good as the rags but still good. It's got a couple issues with it being the 1's are wrong and the twill nameplate but those will be corrected and the 94 finals patch and 2 pt patch will be added. Now that I have this one I have both rags and canucks finals jersey.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a German National Team jersey from the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics. They eagle shield patch is what dates it to 2002. That patch was not present in 2004 when it was replaced by the World Cup logo patch.

2794026440100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2512775690100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

1977 Team Canada Phil Esposito jersey. This was Canada's first time in the World Championships in seven years after a dispute over amateur players being allowed in events like the Olympics.

Esposito only played for Canada three times. The 1972 Summit Series, the 1976 Canada Cup and the 1977 World Championships. This by far was the weirdest jersey of the bunch.

2458211540100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2866996830100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Jeff that Canada logo is trippy. When did they use that? I really dig that one.

I got this today:

ouisBluescirca1995CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

uisBluescirca1995bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

It came from a woman who got it directly from Mike Peluso himself. There's no wear on it at all but according to her, he wore this jersey and actually had it hanging in his house. The only thing that gets me is that he played for the Blues in 1996-97 and they wore Starter that year. Maybe it's a pre-season jersey. There's no hole in the CCM tag that would indicate it a retail jersey AND I'm pretty sure 58 wasn't available back then so I'm pretty confident it's at the very least a team-issue.

Jeff that Canada logo is trippy. When did they use that? I really dig that one.

I got this today:

ouisBluescirca1995CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

uisBluescirca1995bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

It came from a woman who got it directly from Mike Peluso himself. There's no wear on it at all but according to her, he wore this jersey and actually had it hanging in his house. The only thing that gets me is that he played for the Blues in 1996-97 and they wore Starter that year. Maybe it's a pre-season jersey. There's no hole in the CCM tag that would indicate it a retail jersey AND I'm pretty sure 58 wasn't available back then so I'm pretty confident it's at the very least a team-issue.

Hm, I wondering why you haven't mention anything about a set stamp or at least the Custom Crafted stamp that they used to put in the jersey back then. Is there any? The lettering definitely looks like it's been made by CC.

Yup, see I thought the EXACT same thing when looking at the auction. I was really hoping for a Custom Crafted stamp, set stamp or a Blues hologram but there's nothing. That makes me think even more that it's a pre-season jersey. The vinyl yellow layer is even starting to pull up off the red layer just like the old gamers. It's pretty sweet.

Yup, see I thought the EXACT same thing when looking at the auction. I was really hoping for a Custom Crafted stamp, set stamp or a Blues hologram but there's nothing. That makes me think even more that it's a pre-season jersey. The vinyl yellow layer is even starting to pull up off the red layer just like the old gamers. It's pretty sweet.

What's the woman's name you got it from.

Oh I don't know. It was an eBay purchase. She lives in Washington State though and said her sister got the jersey from Mike himself and that he had it hanging in his house before giving it away.

Finished this today. I had this customized by coolhockey back in September so it's not a new pickup but I got it back with an incorrect number 2 (thanks to justanothavictim for pointing it out).

I left it at first but decided about a month ago to go ahead and have them change out the 2 to the proper number 2. Long story short they wouldn't do it and wouldn't send me a new number to do the work myself so I had to buy the number myself from gamedaysprotsarchives and change it out myself. Lesson learned to never get anything done by them again. I had 3 jerseys done by them and 2 came back with errors. So much for NHL/NHLPA certification I guess.

Anyways, here is the jersey with the new number 2. The name and numbers are not different shades of silver, I had washed the jersey before putting the new numbers and the name was still a little wet when I took the picture making them look darker.

2350545650105461084S500x500Q85.jpg

Finished this today. I had this customized by coolhockey back in September so it's not a new pickup but I got it back with an incorrect number 2 (thanks to justanothavictim for pointing it out).

I left it at first but decided about a month ago to go ahead and have them change out the 2 to the proper number 2. Long story short they wouldn't do it and wouldn't send me a new number to do the work myself so I had to buy the number myself from gamedaysprotsarchives and change it out myself. Lesson learned to never get anything done by them again. I had 3 jerseys done by them and 2 came back with errors. So much for NHL/NHLPA certification I guess.

Anyways, here is the jersey with the new number 2. The name and numbers are not different shades of silver, I had washed the jersey before putting the new numbers and the name was still a little wet when I took the picture making them look darker.

2350545650105461084S500x500Q85.jpg

What was there reason for not redoing the number? I suppose historical accuracy doesn't matter the them.

What was there reason for not redoing the number? I suppose historical accuracy doesn't matter the them.

They said they didn't want to do it because of risk of damaging the jersey. I told them to just send me a new number 2 and I would replace it myself and they wouldn't even do that. Basically, they wouldn't return my calls and would only answer my e-mails with one line answers. I gave up and just took care of it myself.

I figured its about time to post my newest pick ups here, as its been over a year...crazy I know. I've gone from aprox 60 new jerseys in in 2007, to about 15 in 08, to just 2 in 09! I feel its part fiscal responsibility, part owning pretty much every jersey I could want(!), other hobbies (why are guitars so expensive?!), and the ginormous stockpile of blank jerseys that need to be lettered...oh and plus still not a fan of EDGE replicas. Anyway, in 09 I picked up a Wings Marian Hossa Winter Classic that was autographed off ebay in about march, then got a Portland Winter Hawks 3rd jersey from last season for xmas. I really like the look of the Hawks jersey (this is a stock photo), and might end up getting that lettered, but in the style from two seasons ago which was black numbers with a white then red out line...looked sharper in my opinion.

Biq4FgCGkKGrHqUH-DMEsbdFDCSBLQpuMn8.jpg

Very sharp jersey! I could use a new pickup or two myself...it's been almost a month since my last jersey arrival! Although I should have one coming in a couple weeks...

I thought I would of learned over my Kris Letang fiasco on ebay. Where i bought what i thought was a real jersey (A real jersey price anyway) and i open up the package in the mail....And in my hands is a glorified piece of trash that i can use to wipe my skate blades with.

I was cruising on ebay, and came across a Buffalo Sabres Tyler Myers Third Jersey. I always search via "Newly Listed" because i seem to find the best bargains that way. And This Tyler Myers Sabres jersey jumped out at me. It was listed for maybe 7 Minutes and had a Buy it Now for $109.99. I will never buy a "Authentic" Jersey on eBay, and since this was advertised as a Premier and an XL i thought i was safe....But just to make sure i immediately searched "Tyler Myers Jersey" on ebay....and no other jerseys came up and since most fake jerseys come in flocks....i thought JACKPOT!. i then checked his other listings, cause if i ever am uncertain about a fake. I usually go check to see if they are selling any other jerseys that are more obviously fakes. This was the only jersey he was selling, so i continued on to buy it.

Today, i discovered i got hosed yet again by a picture of a real jersey. In the mail came a size 52 Jersey with a fight strap and that fake jersey smell (Its what injustice would smell like if it had a scent) As far as fakes go....i must admit it is decent. but not at $109.99, I will likely never wear it and try to sell it on kijiji for $50 advertising it as a fake.

myersjersey002.jpg

myersjersey001.jpg

I thought I would of learned over my Kris Letang fiasco on ebay. Where i bought what i thought was a real jersey (A real jersey price anyway) and i open up the package in the mail....And in my hands is a glorified piece of trash that i can use to wipe my skate blades with.

I was cruising on ebay, and came across a Buffalo Sabres Tyler Myers Third Jersey. I always search via "Newly Listed" because i seem to find the best bargains that way. And This Tyler Myers Sabres jersey jumped out at me. It was listed for maybe 7 Minutes and had a Buy it Now for $109.99. I will never buy a "Authentic" Jersey on eBay, and since this was advertised as a Premier and an XL i thought i was safe....But just to make sure i immediately searched "Tyler Myers Jersey" on ebay....and no other jerseys came up and since most fake jerseys come in flocks....i thought JACKPOT!. i then checked his other listings, cause if i ever am uncertain about a fake. I usually go check to see if they are selling any other jerseys that are more obviously fakes. This was the only jersey he was selling, so i continued on to buy it.

Today, i discovered i got hosed yet again by a picture of a real jersey. In the mail came a size 52 Jersey with a fight strap and that fake jersey smell (Its what injustice would smell like if it had a scent) As far as fakes go....i must admit it is decent. but not at $109.99, I will likely never wear it and try to sell it on kijiji for $50 advertising it as a fake.

myersjersey002.jpg

myersjersey001.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that you got hosed. I wear my fake (I bought knowing it was a rip off) out side to shovel or do what ever else. I'll also wear it to the rink because it's cheap and I don't have to worry about getting it beat up.

Do you have the link to the auction?

If they had a picture of a Premier in the listing but then sent you a fake EDGE then you should just ask for a refund since you didn't get what you paid for. That jersey looks terrible even for a fake.

That's what I was thinking. Get your money back.

bro tell the seller you want your money back and you want the cost of shipping the jersey back as well. If they refuse then file a claim with Paypal (if you paid with paypal) and let them deal with it.

You do not have to keep that piece of trash.

Sorry about that fiasco. I can't wait till the day this fake jersey craze comes to an end. If it ever does. I feel like giving up on the hobby sometimes b/c I comb through so many fakes that it is really exasperating to find legitimate jerseys.

Sorry about that fiasco. I can't wait till the day this fake jersey craze comes to an end. If it ever does. I feel like giving up on the hobby sometimes b/c I comb through so many fakes that it is really exasperating to find legitimate jerseys.

Man, I long for the days when authentic meant authentic, replica meant replica, and that's all there was. These fakes have ruined Ebay for legitimate buyers and sellers.

I am also pretty certain you can get your money back too. The seller is responsible for ALL details about the item up for auction. Since it was not what was advertised (or what you thought), then you have the right to ask for a refund. Definitely file a claim with PayPal and talk to ebay and tell them it was false advertisement.

I'm assuming this is the seller offering another of the same jersey here.

Although the seller clearly states that there are no refunds, you are still protected by eBay and Paypal if what you are sent is "Significantly Not as Described" which is true in this case.

In the description he lists it clearly as an "officially licensed Reebok® Premier jersey". State your case that authentic Premier jerseys do not have a fight strap, do not use numeric sizing, and have a jock tag on the front showing the size. At the very worst you may be out the cost to ship it back to the seller.

myersjersey002.jpg

myersjersey001.jpg

Hey Avalanche freak,

I supposed you have other real replica edge right? If you do, why don't you create a post where you compare the fake with a real replica and share it with other collectors, just like what I did? Help out other collectors so they won't make that mistake again.