It arrived today

lafountain

Thailand holds the record for most goals given up in a game, something like 92 or 93 to the ROK's junior team :blink: :blink:

Yep, 92-0. Heard that during Canada's Arse kicking of Latvia 16-0

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Thailand jerseys are killer! Man, there's some countries out there that I would NEVER imagine having a hockey team and they are on that list. Where the numbers screened on or was it twill that was removed? I also love how the C is put OVER the original A. That's awesome.

And Mike that is an AWESOME Doobs jersey. I love it. You can see your first photomatch there on that loose thread on the front 'N'. Is there any wear on that thing? It doesn't look like much...especially since he missed so much time early in the season. One thing though; if I catch you wearing that at the Garden, there's gonna be problems! :D As for your display cases, I went this route and am very happy with the product.

The numbers are screened on. They are 2 colored numbers and it looks like over the years the white numbers kinda just faded out. The player said he had them in his closet for years and they used them quite a bit back then.. Yeah, both jerseys had an A at one point and then had it removed and a C sewn over.. not sure what happened. Ill askem!

heres the roster from the tournament back in 2000

http://www.iihf.com/hockey/x/9900/Ao18ii/gs/pg000031.htm

Note: This guy was the ONLY player to score against kazakhstan when they beat thailand 52-1 in the 2007 asian winter games...

Happy new years eve to everybody

I got the kit for my Jets jersey in today and decided to do it up real quick to get it out of the way so here it is.

2305980240105461084S600x600Q85.jpg

2435669100105461084S600x600Q85.jpg

The 100th anniversary patch was just a regular patch that I cut the white border off to make it look like the ones the Jets used but because I cut the border it is slightly smaller then what the authentic patch is. If I ever do come across the patch without the border I will replace it but I am quite satisfied as it stands now.

Nice Selanne jersey. One of my all-time favorites.

Thats a great looking Selanne jersey

I got this last night when I got home from the latest Rangers debacle:

Leafs3rdcirca2003KOHOauthentic-vi.jpg

eafs3rdcirca2003bKOHOauthentic-vi.jpg

And it's photomatched.

Check the scuff mark on the lower front just above the hem right at the seam. That's a match baby.

Sweet Match! Thats one of the few Maple Leaf jersey i would own.

Brilliant!, who wouldnt want to sit through another 6-0 blowout?

Well got this beauty the other day. A little tight for what i like but a 46 will do for half of the original price. I think this one will become a Sutter at some point.

2388486090104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

Well got this beauty the other day. A little tight for what i like but a 46 will do for half of the original price. I think this one will become a Sutter at some point.

2388486090104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

What is the material that makes up that pattern on the bottom end of the jersey? I've always wondered that.

The shoulder patches on that jersey are black? Hmmm...that kind of changes my opinion on the jersey, unless the patches look better in person than they do on my computer.

Glad you got a good price on it though. Where did you get it?

What is the material that makes up that pattern on the bottom end of the jersey? I've always wondered that.

If your talking about the squares, its kind of a rougher fabric with a close knit different then anything on the jersey. The Red and black seperater strips at the bottom are the typical smooth edge strip fabric then the bottom of the tail is the same xtrafil fabric on the front of the jersey. Im not a fabric expert by any means.

The shoulder patches on that jersey are black? Hmmm...that kind of changes my opinion on the jersey, unless the patches look better in person than they do on my computer.

Glad you got a good price on it though. Where did you get it?

Ill be honest, the replica shoulder patches look like crap. I have seen them in stores and i refused to buy one and just waited for a good price authentic to come along. The patches on the authentic are 10 times better IMO since the ridges in the logo are raised and dark gray to accent the black background. HOWEVER, im still not completey satisfied with them because the outerpart of the hurricane is made of the smooth patch material that the replica shoulder patches are made. The inner black part and the dark ground ridges are made of the typical authentic shoulder patch fabric I bought it from Wolfram on ebay. He stated that all his edge jerseys were from his personal collection. I also purchased an Eric Staal Red home jersey from him, should be here in a few days.

In general, I like the Hurricanes jersey, but will never understand why they made the waist stripe and shoulder logos greyed out.

The waist stripe is supposed to be hurricane warning flags, which are red with a black square in the middle, as shown in the main crest.

You can't change that!

To do so sucks the meaning out of the stripe. They are no longer hurricane warning flags now. Just a bunch of black boxes with grey squares in them.

Also, the shoulders could use a shot of color, which would have been provided with the colorized logo with a nice white outline. I would have left those alone.

Still, I think it's a really sharp jersey with that secondary logo as the main crest and love it with the red numbers and bold white outline when it's all lettered up. That's in my top two for number fonts in the NHL.

In general, I like the Hurricanes jersey, but will never understand why they made the waist stripe and shoulder logos greyed out.

The waist stripe is supposed to be hurricane warning flags, which are red with a black square in the middle, as shown in the main crest.

You can't change that!

To do so sucks the meaning out of the stripe. They are no longer hurricane warning flags now. Just a bunch of black boxes with grey squares in them.

Eh to me it doesn't matter since they screwed up and just went with the storm warning flag rather than the hurricane warning flag. The hurricane warning flag is two of the storm flags, one on top of the other. I guess accuracy isn't what they were going for.

Got this one recently, thanks to JeffB!

2071933180104519994tlDNYZ_fs.jpg

University of Minnesota 2002

Love the Nike Gophers!

Eh to me it doesn't matter since they screwed up and just went with the storm warning flag rather than the hurricane warning flag. The hurricane warning flag is two of the storm flags, one on top of the other. I guess accuracy isn't what they were going for.

When the jerseys were introduced in 97, the team stated they went With the single flag because it was more pleasing to the eye then two cluttered flags, being a canes fan, I agree. I think it is sharp, I don't mind the gray strapes since they were going for the darker look with the grayed out shoulder patches. If the patches were in color I would preferred the waist boxes to be red. I couldn't have been happier with the way the jersey was designed, I'm just glad they didn't add shoulder piping to it.

When the jerseys were introduced in 97, the team stated they went With the single flag because it was more pleasing to the eye then two cluttered flags, being a canes fan, I agree.

Yea that's understandable, it does look better, but when I was a kid I had some kind of weird fascination with weather and stuff like that so the inaccuracy annoyed me. :P

Yea that's understandable, it does look better, but when I was a kid I had some kind of weird fascination with weather and stuff like that so the inaccuracy annoyed me. :P

A Hurricane 'Watch' is represented with a single flag, so I guess that works.

I got a Canes 3rd jersey gamer from last season about 2 weeks ago, will post pics soon. It is a Babchuk, the one he wore when he hit the game winner in OT against the Pens to clinch a playoff spot. Pretty pleased with it.

Well, whenever this question comes up about the hurricane v. tropical storm flag...I believe the designers of the Canes jerseys felt that the "storm" was so intense it literally blew the second flag away. Yeah, that's how bad it was.

Here are pics of the jersey, taken with a cell so the quality is kind of lacking

IMG00078.jpg

Inside of the jersey with the official team stuff:

IMG00079.jpg

Close up of the flag border for the poster above. It is sort of stretchy:

IMG00081.jpg

IMG00082.jpg

IMG00084.jpg

IMG00085.jpg

I am in love with the jersey. It only has one repair on it, about a cm long. The pic didnt turn out good though.

Nice, one of te few gamers I would think of owning if they weren't so scarce and expensive. I absolutely love the jersey. I wonder what a white version of the jersey would look like if they decided to use that jersey template?