It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2330193030105040840S500x500Q85.jpg2784800220105040840S500x500Q85.jpg

Got this from Brilliant! this week. The pictures don't do it justice.

How in the hell did I miss that one? How much to you want for it?

TMLFAN...You should make that All-Star jersey into a Sakic! :thumbsup:

DerbyCoyote...You should make that 2005-2006 Avs jersey into a Sakic! :thumbsup:

CanesCop86...Nice jersey of former Avs defenseman Ken Klee. :thumbsup:

And Guam64...That Bondra is gorgeous!

I have a few more Avs jerseys...imagine that. :D

Here are my latest:

Anders Lovdahl 1999-2000 Pro Player preseason gamer. He was a 6th round draft pick of the Avs in 1999 and never made it anywhere near the NHL. On the other hand, you'll never meet an Avs fan, or a big time jersey fan for that matter, who doesn't love the mesh Pro Player jerseys.

LovdahlProPlayerwhitegamer.jpg

LovdahlProPlayerwhitegamerback.jpg

th_LovdahlProPlayerwhitegamertail.jpgth_LovdahlProPlayerwhitegamernecktaggi.jpgth_LovdahlProPlayerwhitegamernameplate.jpg

Curtis Leschyshyn 2005-2006 Set 1 GI. The Meigray papers list this as a GI and the neck tagging is marked set 3. I'm guessing it's a recycled or reattributed jersey. It even has a stick mark on the front of it and a little rust spot on the back. It has been washed a bit as well. Not what I'm used to seeing on GIs. It also has a new NHL shield stitched directly over the old one. You see that from time to time on the jerseys that were worn in the early RBK days.

Leschyshyn2005-2006whiteGI.jpg

Leschyshyn2005-2006whiteGIback.jpg

th_Leschyshyn2005-2006whiteGIoldshield.jpgth_Leschyshyn2005-2006whiteGInewshield.jpgth_Leschyshyn2005-2006whiteGInameplate.jpg

Good Lord dude, don't you go for any other teams?? Change it up a bit! :D

Looking good on both accounts! And I will second that statement about the Pro Player mesh...even though we ALL know it was really Starter mesh that Pro Player just slapped their logo on. :D Are the numbers on that one kiss-cut or just layered?

Looking good on both accounts! And I will second that statement about the Pro Player mesh...even though we ALL know it was really Starter mesh that Pro Player just slapped their logo on. :D Are the numbers on that one kiss-cut or just layered?

I did change it up man...These are from different years and are different fabric. What else do you want? :P

I know the Pro Players are Starters, but Pro Player kind of began the larger cut for big and tall guys like me. I have found ONE Starter through the years that actually fits pretty well, all the rest are either too short or cut too slim for my liking. I also have my Drury Pro Player that fits me great. Nordiques-fan knows which one I'm talking about. The sizing was all over the place back in these days and it seems like Pro Player began a more consistent full retail cut that ran right into the 6100s.

Speaking of all over the place, the numbers on the Pro Player are three layers. I need to talk to my Avs customizer guy and try to get the low down on when the Avs started kiss-cut numbers full time, although my Brunette gamer from 2005-2006 has kiss-cut numbers on the back and three layer numbers on the sleeves and my 2002-2003 alternate GI has three layer everything. Honestly, I really don't think there's a wrong way to customize an Avs jersey from after the 2000 season any more. I've seen too much of a little bit of everything on my gamers to think otherwise.

The Bondra is awesome I love that jersey. I have no idea how that Lovdahl snuck buy me Jay where was it? And the CL you stole great price I am kicking myself now..

I did change it up man...These are from different years and are different fabric. What else do you want? :P

I know the Pro Players are Starters, but Pro Player kind of began the larger cut for big and tall guys like me. I have found ONE Starter through the years that actually fits pretty well, all the rest are either too short or cut too slim for my liking. I also have my Drury Pro Player that fits me great. Nordiques-fan knows which one I'm talking about. The sizing was all over the place back in these days and it seems like Pro Player began a more consistent full retail cut that ran right into the 6100s.

Speaking of all over the place, the numbers on the Pro Player are three layers. I need to talk to my Avs customizer guy and try to get the low down on when the Avs started kiss-cut numbers full time, although my Brunette gamer from 2005-2006 has kiss-cut numbers on the back and three layer numbers on the sleeves and my 2002-2003 alternate GI has three layer everything. Honestly, I really don't think there's a wrong way to customize an Avs jersey from after the 2000 season any more. I've seen too much of a little bit of everything on my gamers to think otherwise.

Yes I love that Drury you have so much that I am currently paying on his gamer from that season :thumbsup: I love any pro player or Starter but the 1st year forget it unless I find a 56-60. The 54 has always fit snug .I can wear a 52-56 in hockey ..I have 2 blank Starters waiting on the 1 then shipping them out to be made into my Ricci and Kamensky :thumbsup:

How in the hell did I miss that one? How much to you want for it?

Sorry Jeff, I got it with every intention of keeping it. If I ever let it go though, I will make sure I give you the first crack at it.

I am amazed Leschyshyn was still around in 05-06 for there to be a GI jersey!

Some great pickups, those old Tackla's are ace.

Here's my latest, picked up from our own xcdude (cheers Aaron), 05/06 Avs with 10th Anniversary patch:

2936379790105083711S425x425Q85.jpg

Glad it finally made it :)! Still looking for that Katrina patch for you...

Got 4 game worns in the mail today! 2 were free!..

I have 2 game worn Monroe Community College Jerseys(from my hometown Rochester,NY they play in the NJCAA)

2962863530101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

2006775260101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

2 Team Japan game worns...NNOB.. Really like these! Notice the IIHF 90th anniversary patches.. These were worn in 1998!they may not look it, but they have tremendous wear. Lots of stick and puck marks, burns, and small holes! well worth what I spent..

2382221940101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

2125352060101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

Still looking for that Katrina patch for you...
Good man :)
DerbyCoyote...You should make that 2005-2006 Avs jersey into a Sakic! :thumbsup:
Yeah that's definitely going that way, with the aforementioned Katrina patch too. Gonna be ace.
2125352060101356919S600x600Q85.jpg
Those Japans are cool, like the separate patch for the C. Why do international federations remove the names from their jerseys, is it just for reuse purposes?

How did you get the white Japan jersey? I thought that ended with no bids and was going to be relisted - according to the seller.

Good man :)

Yeah that's definitely going that way, with the aforementioned Katrina patch too. Gonna be ace.

Those Japans are cool, like the separate patch for the C. Why do international federations remove the names from their jerseys, is it just for reuse purposes?

yes. to reuse them.. Federations only get new jerseys every 2 years..unless they change their design of course.

TMLFAN...You should make that All-Star jersey into a Sakic! :thumbsup:

Nah, have to go with the great one. Maybe if I didn't have my Sakic Nordiques I would consider it.

I will have some to add once I get home on Wednesday after my exams. I will also post some of my neighbors jerseys, which I feel all of you should see they are close to the level of jerseys that Brilliant posts on here.

I was speaking with him about it before he even listed it.. then he put it up anyways. then I told him to take it down or the deal for the jerseys was off..

Well, it's good for you that you got him to do that because that one was heading for my collection. I thought it ended early. I rarely miss out on at least getting my bid in even if I don't win.

Between that white Japan jersey and the Bondra Slovakia disaster, I'm not having a good week. <_<

Unlike your quest to get every country, I've decided I need to limit myself to only countries that make the top level of the World Championships or the Olympics on occasion. That pretty much leaves Japan as the only one I don't have. (I reserve the right to get a Belgium or Hungary jersey just because I like they way they look however, since I've already bent my rule when I added Estonia)

I was really surprised by the all white version. I hadn't seen that one before and thought it was very unique. That same seller has had the red road ones a lot, but I never pulled the trigger before, but the white one was so stark, it got my interest. Perhaps he has more, but getting a captain's jersey with the additional IIHF anniversary patch is what was going to get me to go after that one.

Well, it's good for you that you got him to do that because that one was heading for my collection. I thought it ended early. I rarely miss out on at least getting my bid in even if I don't win.

Between that white Japan jersey and the Bondra Slovakia disaster, I'm not having a good week. <_<

Unlike your quest to get every country, I've decided I need to limit myself to only countries that make the top level of the World Championships or the Olympics on occasion. That pretty much leaves Japan as the only one I don't have. (I reserve the right to get a Belgium or Hungary jersey just because I like they way they look however, since I've already bent my rule when I added Estonia)

I was really surprised by the all white version. I hadn't seen that one before and thought it was very unique. That same seller has had the red road ones a lot, but I never pulled the trigger before, but the white one was so stark, it got my interest. Perhaps he has more, but getting a captain's jersey with the additional IIHF anniversary patch is what was going to get me to go after that one.

Belgium managed to qualify for the Olympics in my season in EHM, so there you go, maybe someday.

Yeah. I woulda sold ya my authentic white jersey .. but I got ahold of a lady who was looking for some Japan jerseys and she bought them for more than I was asking ..

He could probably get you another white..I know he has one with an "A" If you want his personal email PM me... When I saw the "C" with the 90th I HAD to get it.. Ive actually been trying to get the jersey for a few months. He wanted 200 for it before.. So I passed on it.. Then he started listing the jerseys again recently and we got in contact. And I told him illl buy them for a bit higher than he had them lsted .. Sorry Jeff.. I LOVE the 90th anniversary jerseys.. I used to have a South Africa with the 90th patch.. also a Great Britain but cant find a picture..

2607239320101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

2818453000101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

check out this Great Britain jersey I won on ebay uk for 80 bucks shipped.. but it NEVER arrived.. I got a refund after a month but I think the guy never even sent it..I was even able to photomatch it.. :(

2304771270101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

2867689040101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

Got 4 game worns in the mail today! 2 were free!..

I have 2 game worn Monroe Community College Jerseys(from my hometown Rochester,NY they play in the NJCAA)

2962863530101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

2006775260101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

No kiddin'! Haha, I go there for school currently.

Latest Ebay bargain find: WBS Penguins home jersey used from 1999-2004. Glad I picked this up because not only was this cheap, the seller only had a one day auction.

WBSPenshome9904.jpg

Not here yet, but Meigray sent my pre-order today. Brandon Dubinsky home blue 2009-2010 set 1 gamer. Should be here tomorrow. Can't wait!