It arrived today

lafountain

Here are pics of the jersey, taken with a cell so the quality is kind of lacking

IMG00078.jpg

Inside of the jersey with the official team stuff:

IMG00079.jpg

Close up of the flag border for the poster above. It is sort of stretchy:

IMG00081.jpg

IMG00082.jpg

IMG00084.jpg

IMG00085.jpg

I am in love with the jersey. It only has one repair on it, about a cm long. The pic didnt turn out good though.

Does the gray waist band have a metallic thread? The pics remind me of the same knit material they used on the old Senators 3rd.

Reason I ask, is why they would use such a heavy knit material for these lighterweight, wicking fabric jerseys when they

could have sublimated it instead. Seems inconsistent with the Reebok design mantra they've been shoving down our throat since they

introduced Edge jerseys.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't look bad in my opinion.

These are hard to come by. I asked the Hurricanes Reps about when they would have more 3rd gamers. They told me that each player gets to keep 2 of their jerseys from each year's set(3 red, 3 white, 1 black last year). All but one or 2 regular players chose their black jersey to keep. Supposedly they will auction a Jussi Jokinen 3rd sometime soon. They have already auctioned a Justin Williams and the Babchuk. She also told me that some of the non-regular players 3rds will be available(Pat Dwyer, Michael Ryan, etc).

I overpaid, but I think it will be hard to find inaugural 3rds given the information above. I now own a first set black and a 97-98 inaugural 1st set red. Just need a white to complete the collection.

Looking good there. Is that a 1.0 or 2.0? It looks spongy like a 1.0 but it's hard to tell. I also didn't know that EPS did the custom work for the Canes. That's interesting. Is the kit kiss-cut or stacked twill?

As for the flags on the waist, don't they almost feel like the same material that the fight straps are made from? That's what I've always thought when feeling the ones on my Starter jerseys.

It is from last year, I honestly don't know if it is a 1.0 or 2.0. If there is a way to tell, I can check it out.

As for the metallic thread, I don't think that it is in place on the black jersey. If it is anywhere, it is on the elbow striping but I think even that is just gray, and almost looks out of place, as it appears to be air-knit fabric rather than the Edge fabric that is used in the rest of the jersey. Kind of weird.

The lettering is stacked twill, I am pretty certain on that. And the gray border material does feel just like that spongy fight strap material.

I'll get my camera out tonight and take some good pics of the jersey.

I have a neat jersey that I would like some opinions on as well. Will post that one tonight/tomorrow as well.

i dont know if it matters, but the authentic 3rd i purchased appeared to be a 1.0. According to the 1.0 vs 2.0 thread, the number on my tag was consistent with 1.0's. Whether that is the same for the gameworns is unknown by me atleast.

The Edge Parade continues, got this one today. Another jersey with some wrinkles in the chest patch, but otherwise great condition other then a tiny pick or two. I like it and im torn about trading for a Carolina White Edge or a Phoenix White Edge. The Phoenix would complete the team history of their uniforms and the Carolina would finish out their edge offerings. If someones interested in a trade only, let me know, i need sizes 46-54. If you have other edge's as well feel free to let me know.

2400418750104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

Ill most likely keep a hold on this one though if no good offer comes. I love the way these jerseys are constructed and like the fabric and weight. Now all i need is my Eric Staal Red Canes to come in and then i should be done for a while........maybe.

Great pickup on the Canes gamer.

The Sharks jersey is good too, I have a replica version of that one.

Wow, up to page 201 now. Never knew this thread would get this big.

i dont know if it matters, but the authentic 3rd i purchased appeared to be a 1.0. According to the 1.0 vs 2.0 thread, the number on my tag was consistent with 1.0's. Whether that is the same for the gameworns is unknown by me atleast.

Not gonna say all, but most of the Retails are all 1.0. The majority of the 2.0's that are out there are either gamers or team issued, though some AHL teams have released 2.0's for retail.

Yeah thats what i thought about the 1.0's. Ha I wish someone would comment either one way or another about how to get wrinkles out of the center crest. I might need to do some ironing tonight, but i dont want to try it untill i have someone else opinions.

I was just about to suggest that actually. Just turn it inside-out and use a hot iron with a lot of steam over the whole crest. That should get all the wrinkles out.

I was just about to suggest that actually. Just turn it inside-out and use a hot iron with a lot of steam over the whole crest. That should get all the wrinkles out.

I dont think the steam is working real well in my iron, would a lightly damped thing cloth work as good?

Actually these didn't arrive today, but things have been a bit chaotic, so I didn't have a chance to take pics until earlier today and didn't have a chance to post until now...

1) Lutch Dynamo 2004-05 home Ovechkin, courtesy of abrom (who has been mentioned on the international thread several times as a reputable EBay seller, and I definitely concur after getting this one):

2455632030105862222S425x425Q85.jpg2508145580105862222S425x425Q85.jpg

Wore this one to the Caps-Canadiens game tonight, got asked by a couple of people where I got it, so that might get abrom some business.

Other Ebay pickups:

2) CCM 550 Vintage Washington Capitals away red blank to customize - I had wanted a replica, authentic, or gameworn from the era but they had been going way beyond my price range- I'll keep looking but I'd still feel more comfortable at a game in a 550 than one actually from 1985 or sometime like that...

2543229220105862222S425x425Q85.jpg2511185200105862222S425x425Q85.jpg

Usually I wouldn't post the back since it is not done yet, but note that I am posting the back for newer members (and older members who just want to know), in order to better show the difference between the 550 and the 90's replica "ultrafil" from that thread- look at them both zoomed in if possible- also note the CCM as a single sewn patch on this vs. the screened CCM on the next one to see the difference better...also I want to note that the sleeves do not have stars on both sides (I just flipped them over to make the back view more "interesting")

3) CCM mid-1990s home Portland Pirates white replica "ultrafil" to customize - I already have this in the black from 1995 or 1996:

2649449990105862222S425x425Q85.jpg2412973400105862222S200x200Q85.jpg2540746330105862222S425x425Q85.jpg

Again with this one, since it is a blank, I flipped the sleeves over- there is only one set of shoulder crests, and they are in their proper places...like above, I wanted the back view to be a little more "interesting" than just being totally blank.

My first jersey in over 10 years arrived today! YAY! Sure its a replica, but i love it. The colors are so vibrant and great! My fiance got it for my for christmas but only managed to get it shipped to me today on the other side of the world.

DSC02460-small.jpg

DSC02461-small.jpg

I know my New Year's resolution was to stop buying blanks and focus on my backlog of jerseys needing customization, but with the WJC and the Olympics I couldn't resist these picking these two up fairly cheap on eBay.

1998 Nagano Olympics USA authentic - white

My personal favorite Team USA jersey ever. I love all of the many unique design elements on this from the dazzle fabric accents on the hem and shoulders, to the under-arm gussets, to the simple but effective shoulder patches. Too bad the team sucked wearing this style. Not sure who'll I'll customize this as - I've already got a Richter and Leetch in the works from this era. Maybe Amonte?

nagano_usa_white_sm.jpg

1998 Nagano Olympics Czech authentic - red

I remember thinking these were hideous when I first saw them. But I guess they grow on you. Toss in the fact that they took the gold that year (beating Canada no less) and this will make a great Jagr jersey.

nagano_czech_red_f_sm.jpgnagano_czech_red_b_sm.jpg

I know my New Year's resolution was to stop buying blanks and focus on my backlog of jerseys needing customization, but with the WJC and the Olympics I couldn't resist these picking these two up fairly cheap on eBay.

My personal favorite Team USA jersey ever. I love all of the many unique design elements on this from the dazzle fabric accents on the hem and shoulders, to the under-arm gussets, to the simple but effective shoulder patches. Too bad the team sucked wearing this style. Not sure who'll I'll customize this as - I've already got a Richter and Leetch in the works from this era. Maybe Amonte?

nagano_usa_white_sm.jpg

I remember thinking these were hideous when I first saw them. But I guess they grow on you. Toss in the fact that they took the gold that year (beating Canada no less) and this will make a great Jagr jersey.

How about Karen Bye LOL! at least the ladies won.

Not Hasek?

I know the customization on the Czech number font can be tricky, I've never seen anyone

get it exactly right on a post-retail jersey.

How about Karen Bye LOL! at least the ladies won.

Not Hasek?

I know the customization on the Czech number font can be tricky, I've never seen anyone

get it exactly right on a post-retail jersey.

Actually if I wanted to go with a womens player I'd go with Cammi Granato, since her brother played for the Rangers it'd somewhat fit in my collection.

As for Hasek, he never played for the Rangers, so I have to go with Jagr.

Thanks for the tip on the Czech customization, I'll probably send it to EPS and I'll make sure to be clear (with pics) to show them exactly how I want it done.

nagano_usa_white_sm.jpg

Would you consider flipping the Czech jersey to me? I'd love to make that into a Hasek and help clear your backlog a little. I've been looking for an authentic Nagano Czech jersey :(

Actually if I wanted to go with a womens player I'd go with Cammi Granato, since her brother played for the Rangers it'd somewhat fit in my collection.

As for Hasek, he never played for the Rangers, so I have to go with Jagr.

Thanks for the tip on the Czech customization, I'll probably send it to EPS and I'll make sure to be clear (with pics) to show them exactly how I want it done.

That's the route I went with mine, here's what it looks like.

2464257420104519994gHVOfq_fs.jpg

Hasek jersey

Got these in around Christmas time, haven't gotten around to taking pictures until now:

2990203900105040840S425x425Q85.jpg2285282400105040840S425x425Q85.jpg

For those of you wondering about EPS this kiss-cut customization was done by them when they were offering free customization for jerseys bought from them. I actually prefer to wear this to games than an authentic EDGE because I don't have to worry about it pulling like the xtrafil fabric likes to do.

2942320580105040840S500x500Q85.jpg2042298910105040840S500x500Q85.jpg

img0624t.th.jpg img0623us.th.jpg

Got this off ebay, pretty certain it was a gamer with the tagging on the fight strap, the NHLPA logo, and the autograph on the number. Interestingly, they used a twill nameplate instead of air-knit. Not really one of the must have jerseys from that game, but it's kind of a neat jersey for me since I got to go to that game and Mironov was one of the players I met that weekend (the other being Khabibulin).

Got these in around Christmas time, haven't gotten around to taking pictures until now:

2990203900105040840S425x425Q85.jpg2285282400105040840S425x425Q85.jpg

For those of you wondering about EPS this kiss-cut customization was done by them when they were offering free customization for jerseys bought from them. I actually prefer to wear this to games than an authentic EDGE because I don't have to worry about it pulling like the xtrafil fabric likes to do.

2942320580105040840S500x500Q85.jpg2042298910105040840S500x500Q85.jpg

img0624t.th.jpg img0623us.th.jpg

Got this off ebay, pretty certain it was a gamer with the tagging on the fight strap, the NHLPA logo, and the autograph on the number. Interestingly, they used a twill nameplate instead of air-knit. Not really one of the must have jerseys from that game, but it's kind of a neat jersey for me since I got to go to that game and Mironov was one of the players I met that weekend (the other being Khabibulin).

What is this xtravil "pulling" of the EDGE authentics that you are referring to? I got an edge recently, and I'm just wondering.

What is this xtravil "pulling" of the EDGE authentics that you are referring to? I got an edge recently, and I'm just wondering.

The material used in the EDGE 1.0s are prone to pulling and snags. The two EDGE 1.0 gamers I own are by way more beat up than the other gamers that I have.