It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There, there, Victim it's OK...good things come to those who wait. Trust me.

Anyway, I got this back from SportsK.com today. This is a Pittsburgh Pens blue alternate jersey customized with defenseman Alex Goligoski. This actually marks two milestones for me: the first single digit numbered jersey in my collection and the first defenseman-customized jersey. Good stuff.

Goligoskifront.jpg

Gogoback.jpg

This excites me, I am waiting on a baby blue 3rd Edge with Crosby. Love this jersey! I actually was considering Goligoski or Gonchar but went with the easy pick.

Speaking to that Wings jersey, that is just gorgeous. Ultrafil Wings jerseys are HARD to find and are a great quality too. The only issue is that during that 1983-84 season, the Wings wore mesh jerseys rather than ultrafil and their jerseys had the patch CCM logo as opposed to that solid white embroidered one. I'm pretty sure that Detroit started using that all-white version in 87-88, but that would still be a fantastic jersey that could have the captains C on it. If you can find someone to screen-print the EASTSIDE logo on the opposite hemline, THAT would be epic!

Thanks for the tip Mike. I wasn't aware of that. I assumed that this would be the style of Yzerman's 83/84 campaign with the "small" CCM logo. I actually looked at NHLUniforms.com right now, and it seems that from 83/84 until 88/89, they used the red-red-blue CCM logo (I guess that was the patch logo you're referring to) but nowhere there does it show an all-white CCM logo like mine has, unless the site is incorrect in this respect, but that i'm not sure.

Going to head over to getty images. Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks for the tip Mike. I wasn't aware of that. I assumed that this would be the style of Yzerman's 83/84 campaign with the "small" CCM logo. I actually looked at NHLUniforms.com right now, and it seems that from 83/84 until 88/89, they used the red-red-blue CCM logo (I guess that was the patch logo you're referring to) but nowhere there does it show an all-white CCM logo like mine has, unless the site is incorrect in this respect, but that i'm not sure.

Going to head over to getty images. Anyone have any input on this?

Doesn't matter what the logo is, that is the wrong jersey for an Yzerman rookie. As shocking as it sounds, the red jerseys were different back then. In '83-'84 the white stripe was not at the very bottom of the jersey. The earliest that jersey could be from is '86-'87. I'm betting that is an '89 before they added the shield.

EDIT - just looked at the link Victem posted, definitely looks like an '89 jersey.

Brian Bellows-nice choice. The NHL's answer to Lotney Fratelli. :D

Thanks Brilliant. I wish I had beter computer skills. I'm trying to shrink the photos so I can post pics.

My latest, with thanks to LetsGoCaps:

Nice Pickup Derby!

Got these yesterday.

The first is nothing to exciting.

2807933610104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

The second is more interesting. Didnt know the owner had cut the fight strap out of it. Can any body say if it was a good deal at $50.00 shipped? Thinking maybe a Samsonov with the 75 anni patch. It has the Hurricanes connection to it.

2962978350104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

Got my Bradley Caps replica jersey today from EPS that I am going to be wearing to the Caps-Sharks game next week, haven't gotten a chance to take a pic of it yet.

Nice Pickup Derby!

Got these yesterday.

The first is nothing to exciting.

2807933610104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

The second is more interesting. Didnt know the owner had cut the fight strap out of it. Can any body say if it was a good deal at $50.00 shipped? Thinking maybe a Samsonov with the 75 anni patch. It has the Hurricanes connection to it.

2962978350104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

Id say thats a fair deal, I paid about the same for a Starter Burins 3rd about 3 years ago. Now is there actually a twill rectangle for the fight strap or nothing at all? The one I have has no fight strap/twill attachment despite being an authentic jersey. When Starter hit the league they had a few quality control issues back in the day, that being one of them.

Merry Christmas all! Can't wait to check this thread and hopefully see some new jersey presents for everyone! I'm hoping for one myself. LOL.

No jerseys for me, but I do hope that some of you get one. Though I cannot complain about the items I did get.

Merry Christmas all! Can't wait to check this thread and hopefully see some new jersey presents for everyone! I'm hoping for one myself. LOL.

ha! I was just checking here to see if anyone posted any new ones yet. I have a few back home I got for myself, pics in a few days.

I went ahead and bought myself a Christmas jersey.

040302_leafs_brunins_hlg8p.hlarge.jpg

It'll be here shortly.

ohhhhhhh, the blue and white always gets my attention. Can't wait to see pics of the Mogilny I'm assuming.

Let me guess. The Mogilny TML 3rd?

That would be my guess too as it was available on the Meigray Holiday Consignment sale.

No, unfortunately it wasn't. That was the first batch I checked when the sale was going on but no luck. But then, somehow whilst perusing the site last night, I came across the 3rd playoff set from 2003 for less than what I paid for the St. Pats issue. When I saw that, I pounced on it. Merry Christmas to me!