It arrived today

lafountain

Meigray holiday sale mailday yaaaaaaaaay :D

2553530390105461084S600x600Q85.jpg

2862979930105461084S600x600Q85.jpg

This things got marks all over it and has a repaired and un-repaired hole on the sleeve. Already matched the jersey too which is fantastic. I'm still amazed that you can pick something like this up for less then the price of a blank retail edge jersey.

2560814120105461084S600x600Q85.jpg

2491174120105461084S600x600Q85.jpg

WOW! I am extremely jealous. Sweet pick up.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that your Roy jersey?

I've been looking for a blank Habs TBTC jersey :(

But a Roy will do just fine :)

Hey Hockey Music, how did you apply them? Did you stitch those on your own? They look nice!

Here is one i got in recently

2003-04 Thomas Vokoun Nashville Predators Alternate jersey Sz 48

post-1043-1260661681_thumb.jpg

post-1043-1260661695_thumb.jpg

Nice pickup guys! I have seen only one Habs TBTC in the brief time I've collected jerseys. Then again I've only seen one Bruins and Leafs jerseys (but those are the ones I own :D )

Love the Nashville third. I got lucky and got the jersey in my avatar for less then 40 bucks on hockeygiant when it had a sell. I would love to get an authentic of the jersey though.

Nice photomatch on that Kaberle! Did you have to buy the Getty image or did it just come up in a search?

As promised, here's the other two finished projects:

hPenguinscirca1992CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Penguinscirca1992bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

elesKingscirca1988CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

lesKingscirca1988bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Nice photomatch on that Kaberle! Did you have to buy the Getty image or did it just come up in a search?

It just came up in a search, I also found pics of the mark on the back and the damage to the arm but they are all low res. I would love to have the pics in hi res but I don't want to pay for them.

Nice job on your jerseys, that Habs TBTC is amazing. Where did you get the kits from?

I got them from your buddy up in Canada there that you had recommended to me earlier this year. He did a really good job with them. Fortunately I had all the appropriate nameplate material too so I didn't have to use twill.

I got them from your buddy up in Canada there that you had recommended to me earlier this year. He did a really good job with them. Fortunately I had all the appropriate nameplate material too so I didn't have to use twill.

Right on, glad to hear your happy with his work. Did you ask him to use the proper nameplate material? He does have Ultrafil and Airknit but charges a little extra for it.

Right on, glad to hear your happy with his work. Did you ask him to use the proper nameplate material? He does have Ultrafil and Airknit but charges a little extra for it.

Could you point me in the same direction? I would love to know where to get nameplates made up for older jerseys and even an extra piece of black ultrafil for an extra project.

This one is only a couple of months old, but it's been through the wash at least 5 times. Last time I ever buy Sierra Mist Cranberry (and it was just the fizz!). I slightly prefer this to the fubar CCM version.

th_P1000079.jpg

th_P1000082.jpg

I didn't even know M&N had done one of these. It's getting wrapped as a Christmas (tree) present. Any opinions on how to customize it? My first thought was Verbeek rookie...

th_P1000078.jpg

Could you point me in the same direction? I would love to know where to get nameplates made up for older jerseys and even an extra piece of black ultrafil for an extra project.

gamedaysportsarchives.com

This one is only a couple of months old, but it's been through the wash at least 5 times. Last time I ever buy Sierra Mist Cranberry (and it was just the fizz!). I slightly prefer this to the fubar CCM version.

th_P1000079.jpg

th_P1000082.jpg

I didn't even know M&N had done one of these. It's getting wrapped as a Christmas (tree) present. Any opinions on how to customize it? My first thought was Verbeek rookie...

th_P1000078.jpg

I've been struggling with the same North Stars jersey predicament, the problem is I really like the green ones a lot more than the white ones, but the green ones sold at Vintage Minnesota Hockey are the wrong material, so both have major flaws in them. Oh well, maybe someday I'll stumble upon a game worn or someone will produce a more accurate remake.

For that Devils jersey, I would go with either Daneyko, Stastny, Shanahan, or Richer. Or if you can get the NHL 75th anniversary patch and the Devils 10th anniversary patch you can go with Brodeur (#29!), Niedermayer (#48!) or Stevens, as that season was the first time any of those guys played with the Devils. Brodeur and Niedermayer only played four games each that season, so I'm not sure off the top of my head if they definitely wore the white jersey.

I've been struggling with the same North Stars jersey predicament, the problem is I really like the green ones a lot more than the white ones, but the green ones sold at Vintage Minnesota Hockey are the wrong material, so both have major flaws in them. Oh well, maybe someday I'll stumble upon a game worn or someone will produce a more accurate remake.

For that Devils jersey, I would go with either Daneyko, Stastny, Shanahan, or Richer. Or if you can get the NHL 75th anniversary patch and the Devils 10th anniversary patch you can go with Brodeur (#29!), Niedermayer (#48!) or Stevens, as that season was the first time any of those guys played with the Devils. Brodeur and Niedermayer only played four games each that season, so I'm not sure off the top of my head if they definitely wore the white jersey.

By "wrong material," I assume you mean that they didn't wear mesh up through 91, which is how that jersey is advertised. They switched to airknit in 88-ish, I think. I'm not positive that Tinordi would have worn the mesh version, but in this case, I don't really care. (Sometimes sentiment wins.) Who are you looking for?

Speaking of materials, for the Devils I was just matching up the roster with the year on the tag (83-84). I'm not sure how long they wore mesh, but this is the part where someone more knowledgeable tells me... :)

By "wrong material," I assume you mean that they didn't wear mesh up through 91, which is how that jersey is advertised. They switched to airknit in 88-ish, I think. I'm not positive that Tinordi would have worn the mesh version, but in this case, I don't really care. (Sometimes sentiment wins.) Who are you looking for?

Speaking of materials, for the Devils I was just matching up the roster with the year on the tag (83-84). I'm not sure how long they wore mesh, but this is the part where someone more knowledgeable tells me... :)

Yea your jersey is accurate as far as material matched with the design is concerned, the green one they sell is not though because that was never made in mesh. When the away jerseys were mesh, there was no black in them. In 1988, they added black to the away jersey's color scheme and switched from mesh to airknit. I'm not sure what player I'd get, maybe Modano since he was one of my first favorite players, or Broten since he was on the 1980 US team. At this point I'm just hoping to come across an accurately-made 1988-91 away jersey and then I'll worry about the customization.

I wish I could tell you for sure when the Devils stopped wearing mesh, but I can't. I THINK they wore mesh up until the color change in 1992, at which point they switched to ultrafil, but I could be wrong about that.

Jersey definitely didn't wear mesh in 1991-92 so the 75th and 10th patches are out. I'm PRETTY sure that the Devils wore ultrafil starting in 1987-88 but I could be wrong. It was either 86-87 or 87-88 that they started the ultrafil ones. I DO know that they wore the mesh jerseys in 1985-86 but am not sure whether or not it continued into 86-87.

Well, the first half of my MeiGray order showed up today:

sBluescirca2006Reebokauthentic-vi.jpg

Bluescirca2006bReebokauthentic-vi.jpg

I am a real sucker for the Blues' jerseys. I saw this one and had to have it for the sale price. The kit is semi-reverse kiss cut and there's a few scuff marks on it. The most noticable feature about it though is that the #10 on the back was put on off-center! It seems like an easy photo-match but I haven't been able to find a good shot of his back from this set yet.

Bluescirca2006bReebokauthentic-vi.jpg

To me it looks more like the name is off. I scrolled down so I could only see the 10 and it looked okay, then I scrolled up so I could only see the name and it looked way off compared to the RBK vector tag. Maybe they both are off in opposite directions.

You know, you're right. The nameplate is slightly off to the left as well. The numbers are more noticable to me though. If you look at the patch holding the fight strap on, you can see that both numbers have just about an equal amount of space on the rectangle. That would be okay if both digits were wide but since the one is a 1, it makes the whole thing look shifted to the right. I'm not complaining either way!